PC Old, awful player seeks equally old, awful teammates

Discussion in 'PC Parties' started by tommy290, Mar 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

I'm not ancient, but mid-30s on a FPS is pushing it. I am not good at Titanfall. I am not good at any game. I will not help us win. I will not carry the team. I will barely take out the grunts.

What I will do is enjoy some whiskey (neat) while we play. I'll regal you with phrases I never thought I'd utter, such as "What's the deal with the kids wearing skinny jeans?", "I remember when games came on a stack of floppy disks.", and "Get off my lawn!". I will also not hold you to any expectation of elite gameplay. If I suck, I can't rightly criticize my teammates for sucking too.

I play sporadically due to having a wife, kids, job, mortgage, etc. In fact, you're likely to hear said kids from time to time as they fight over who gets to play with the pack of Legos that noone's cared about since Christmas, yet right now when daddy gets his Titan they both seem to think it's the greatest toy on the face of the Earth and they couldn't possibly play with one of the other hundreds of toys in the playroom.

My usual times are evenings EST. Most likely it'll be Friday or Saturday nights. During the week is a crapshoot. I have access to a Teamspeak server that I use, as that's where some buddies hang out. Not really into Skype, Ventrillo, etc. I'd rather stick to where current friends are.

So, if you'd like a non-competitive teammate you can laugh at when a spectre punches me in the throat, add me on Origin: tommyboy290

I've only played Attrition so far, but game mode doesn't concern me. I'll play whatever.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm a year off cracking the 3-0, but heck, I was born an old soul. What IS up with kids wearing skinny jeans?

I'd be up for a few games if you pour me a glass. Alas, I'm all the way down under and can only wish you find some people here to enjoy Titanfall with

/salute

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

At last a fellow "mature gamer"...............:).
    I shall add your name to my Origin list of friends. I take my bourbon, with a splash of ginger ale.

Tennessee, CST here....................;)

And by the way.............."skinny jeans" are for skinny girls!!!!!!!!! hence the name................:p not sure why a boy would wear them at all:rolleyes:

You may like Hard Point. Less about killing Pilots and more about capping points and killing grunts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Ehhh...we're right at the right age my friend. :) 34 year old, tired of the kiddies complaining about their first world problems instead of playing.

I do well in game but convinced a friend of mine (same age) to buy an xbox one...so he's not particularly great at FPS'. He's gettin there though!

So I split my time between xb1 and PC versions...but still, I'm in. He's got 2 kids and teaches...but I've got no kids and work as lead artist for a video game from home...so my scheduled is always flexible

Gamer tag: PapaJulietZulu

Standby for WhiskeyFall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gobfather

Gobfather Generation 1

Same here,

Please feel free to origin add : Gobfather

6. ChongSparks

ChongSparks Life is like a box of chocolates
    Elite Pilot

also in my 30's, 4 kids and counting haha. ive added you as im an awful player too. my 13 year old shows me up on any game. than again so does the 10 and 8 year olds.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

You're honest. And I like that.

And skinny jeans is a fad. Like the mullet once was as well as the 'punk rock' look.

8. ReavyrJ

ReavyrJ Generation 1

You young whipper snappers. I'm in my 40's with reflexes more geared for MMO's than FPS, although I enjoy them quite a bit. I'm more of a Vodka guy, but I won't hold it against you if you are not ;) No kids, although a gamer wife, 2 cats, and a basset hound that thinks she's a kid.

I'm currently PST and when my internet cooperates I'd love to play a match or two with y'all. My Origin ID is the same as my forum name here.

9. Girlie Hansz

Girlie Hansz Generation 1

i'm only 25 but i'm terrible can i play with u guys?

no kids. 1 cat.

origin:
    BMNikl

• Like Like x 2
  10. stp366

stp366 Generation 3

This is great guys,If I was a pc gamer I would join you. Maybe I can start a Awe-full gamer group for the Xbox One. Anyone here care to admit it ?

11. teddabod

teddabod Generation 2

I'm almost 45 (in May). My kids destroy me in FPS's. I suck at Titanfall (well, I'm getting better). Add me on Origin: teddabod

• Like Like x 2
  12. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

Meant to add people yesterday, but just so happened to get the Frozen DVD so watched that with the family and didn't get a chance to play. That's how it goes in my house. :)

I'll try to get people added tonight. Glad there are some others just looking to have fun and not take the game too seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChongSparks

ChongSparks Life is like a box of chocolates
    Elite Pilot

Hello fellow awful players. as Im under the impression we all just want to have a bit of none competitive fun, Ive setup a simple Teamspeak 3 server for ingame group chat called: Titanfall Awful Players

Just install teamspeak 3 client and connect the server address to titanfall-ts.tk

Remember this is purely for fun like minded players.

Origin id: ChongSparks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

He PJZ.................I like "standby for Whiskey Fall"..................sounds like me after too many beverages!!!!!!!!! :p

15. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

Pretty sure I have everyone so far either added or a request sent.

16. ReavyrJ

ReavyrJ Generation 1

My internet has been out all week and I was just able to get on last night for the first time to play a few matches. I did accept a few requests and I'll try to grab everyone else tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to fumbling around with all of you!

17. ozlefty

ozlefty Generation 2

Struth ... looks like I am the oldest on this thread - and possibly the slowest - but eould enjoy being part of the gang so please add me :0
    ozlefty

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

@ozlefty remind me to add you later (at work right now)

Had a few games with @Girlie Hansz and we did pretty well. Just a shame about his ping connecting to Aussie servers.

19. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I think I might have you..............(just for a) "for instance"................I do remember when JFK was shot. I was 9 years old! ;)

20. ozlefty

ozlefty Generation 2

and I remember first man on the moon