Online lag

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Omega82, Dec 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Hello I am a new player to titanfall. I have Tf2 on PS4 . At least for 2 months I have noticed really bad lag , high pings , the guys are rubber banding all over the place. Is this a known problem with the game? It seems that only some people are experiencing this issue . Has Respawn commented on this ? This doesn't happen every game but it's been happening a decent amount and it makes the game unplayable when it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i had lag only once, i play on pc,
    all good so far

maybe you can select a different server, closer to your location, it can have a more stable connection

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I haven't noticed an issue on East Coast US PS4 servers. Some things that would help is making sure you have the right server selected and hard resetting your console.

4. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Yes I'm on the east coast to. I use the NY server. It seems that after that last patch the network/lag problems really started happening a lot. Also the server seems to time out a lot. Like when the game is loading up before he match starts the screen would just freeze and an error message would come up saying the server timed out. The last week it seems better. It only lagged a few games. I hope maybe the problem is going away but who knows. This is basically my only real complaint of Tf2 is the network issues that I experience

• Like Like x 1
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm also on East Coast servers and noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Wired or wireless connection? My worst issue with lag made me get wired.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I am in Ontario and play on the East Coast Servers, mostly Viginia and I have not had a problem and I play on PS4 and Xbox One. Very rarely I have had an game where some players lag but I believe they are from overseas.

This game has been so consistently good I have not had to turn my NetDuma Geo Filter on at all. The NetDuma Forum reports that there is no lag and you don't need to use the features of the Duma to filter out poor servers.

Hope that helps Omega. You may have problems with you rooter or provider I would check that out for sure.

7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i have experienced it , and this is also when i am overseas, the rubberbanding is bad when it happens and the high ping .

8. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I'm telling you there is definitely a problem with something. I wonder if players are intentionally selecting lower data centers.

I always see one or two players stuttering pretty bad. And yesterday I randomly played with a player (not in same party, completely random) on 3 different occasions and each time he had the highest kills and he stuttered. Coincidentally I would occasionally stutter through the game.

I'm sure it's hard to grasp or believe if it never happens to you but lag and stutter is a thing.

And for some reason when I play against folks over seas it can get awful. On the east coast you can count on playing against Europe players between 1-4 eastern time. And there is always at least 4-6 players stuttering on both teams including myself.

It's a major bummer bc I really didn't experience this too much during TF1. Honestly only one other game gave more problems; the division

• Like Like x 2
  9. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

That sucks, I don't know if it matters but my Netduma does set the area I connect to and when players in Europe try to party it blocks them unless I specifically let them in...

10. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Interesting. I need to look into this. Thanks

11. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Wow I just checked it out and that looks really cool.

12. Trini Chinese

yeh , i wish i could test this with the ps4 when i am in the states. but i can say this i pick the best servers that is suggested i will have to try others and see which works better , but as for now i am going to try a new router even doe i was always wired , it may be my service provider . but then again my internet speeds are pretty fast as it is cable modem . an is faster than the DSL that i was linked up to in the states , when i played.

the lag did not give me an advantage as it was more frustrating to play with that lag , this could be a serious problem if it persist to happen .

13. Trini Chinese

#13 Trini Chinese, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    that netduma looks interesting,

14. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

you should check out the Netduma forum they are really good at giving tech help and lots of experience with it. I am not sure that if it was only for TF it would be worth it as most of us find we don't need to use all the features with this game. For games like BF and COD it is really helpful.

I love mine and have had it for a couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

My connection is wired. But it's plugged into my router. I have an optimum wifi modem and I connect that to a separate router . And I plug in my Ethernet PS4 to the router. A lot of times the game runs smooth but then out of nowhere I will see really bad lag and players rubber banding and skipping . Also the server timed out a lot. Like when the match is loading it will just freeze and kick me out. And it says the server has disconnect

16. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Hey thanks for trying to help. Yea I think I'll look into that. I know my cousin And his friends don't have any issues whatsoever with the lag. They tell me the game runs perfect. But I have had a lot of problems with the lag also my annoying brother who cries everytime he plays titanfall says he sees the same lag problems that i see, but still not quite as bad as mine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

This problem has been occurring less frequently but I still see it. I wish I knew how to fix this if indeed it is on my end. But I don't know whst it is. Some people see the lag and others say they don't. It's a shame because when the game runs smoothe it's so fun to play

18. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

So what do you think is happening? Why do some experience this lag but others don't ?

19. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I really hope this turns out ok and ppl can see this guy stuttering. My ping during this game recorded anywhere from 45-1200. I'm not positive this player was the cause but it seems every time someone on my team or the opponent has someone lagging it destroys the game play.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GetMused/video/25172929

20. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Yessssss that is exactly what happens with me too. This has happened since the game first came out. Then after they did the angel city update it seemed to get real bad for like 2 weeks in a row. But lately like the last 3 weeks it has been doing better. I still get the lag at times but it's been more stable