Online lag

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Omega82, Dec 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I still have a great time with this game but certainly this lag problem has been very disappointing

2. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Yep the lag is really weird and inconsistent but seems to be slightly better at the moment.

Off topic: something is really starting to get to me. Im joining games mid match at least 90% of the time and a third of these are extremely lopsided. I posted in ensc's thread about never giving up and how much I love the comeback. But this is getting really really annoying. I'm serious when i say 90% of the games also. It's just frustrating and I don't see why it has to be me (self centered) or anyone for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well the terrible lag and rubber banding is back . It was gone for a few weeks but now the last few days it's back to being bad. I just had to quit out of 2 matches because the games were unplayable. I know there are people playing this game who have none of these problems but SOMETHING is going on. Respawn better come back from their vacation hiatus and address this horrible problem . This is ridiculous since owning this game from the beginning it's been doing this. Not every game it happens but still.

4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i encountered some lag now and then a few times, nothing terrible
    maybe the servers need an update or maintnance?
    despite two or three times lag, everything was working perfectly for me

5. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Seems to be hit or miss over the weekend but more lately.

Also seem to drop into a lot of LTS games that are 3v5 or 4v5 which sucks when on the short end.

6. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

IMO there are 2 things that really bother me about the lag/stuttering.

1. Respawn said that they couldn't "reproduce" any stuttering that they keep hearing about. So basically frack off.

2. Many players don't experience stutter or lag and think any who complains about it either has crappy internet or we're lying.

Luckily I try to keep some video saved.

Another thing; I know it's not my internet when it's just a few players that end up lag in the game. Outta the 12 ppl playing you can run into 4 of em just stuttering everywhere. And sometimes ends up messing with everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Honestly, it doesn't surprise if Respawn doesn't care. They allowed TF1 to suffer with horrendous matchmaking and infestation of cheaters right from the start and didn't lift a finger to do a thing about it. I think they treat things like poor matchmaking, cheating and poor connections as if they are just natural and things you have to live with. Pathetic and lazy.

That's shameful if you are having problems and trying to share them and someone accuses you of lying.

Good for you for saving videos.

Keep fighting the good fight brother! That's all you can do. Don't give up and don't let them get you down. Even if it feels like everyone is against you, it doesn't mean you are wrong and they are right. If 1000 people want to jump off a cliff, have fun with that, I'm not following you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

But why wouldn't respawn not care? I don't get it ? This is such a brilliant game and franchise why would they let stupid issues like lag or matchmaking ruin it ? The matchmaking is one thing but the lag is inexcusable. This game is too good to have such a nagging problem. Now I'm gonna be honest my internet speed for some reason is shit. But I don't really see any problems with my other online games , just titanfall 2 I have noticed this consistent lag problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I can't explain why they wouldn't care. I can only tell you how it feels. I've played TF1 every day, probably averaging 4.5 hous/day for the last 2 years and 9 months. They can say what they want or make any claims they might want, but the evidence is irrefutable by the results you experience. TF1 suffered from horrendous matchmaking from day 1 and never improved. The cheaters were there from the beginning as well and the infestation has only increased over time. When there are great proven options you could choose for matcmaking and anti-cheat systems (Blizzard's Overwatch solutions being the best), if they are not addressing these issues, it can only be because they do not view these things as being important.

10. PeteⓇ

PeteⓇ Generation 1

Hi guys, I registered specifically to add my thoughts on this point.

I play on PC and the amount of times I have been killed where I thought I got them first is crazy. Then I watch the 'kill cam' only to see them teleporting.
    I'm beginning to think it's a bit like in Left 4 Dead 2 where people discovered how to reduce their lerp and you literally had no chance in a 1 vs 1.

Regards... Pete

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

There is serious rubber banding lag problems with this game since it came out. I was just playing today for a few hours and more than half the games were really laggy. It seems that this issue will never be resolved which will remain my only real disappointment of an otherwise tremendous game.

I can still kill people pretty easy because the hit detection is so great but there are times when you can't finish the kill because of the lag. But USUALLY I visually see the lag right away. It's extremely obvious when it's happening. Where in some call of duty game the lag doesn't seem very apparent but you will find you can't finish the kills because it's lagging as well

I actually can't believe that this game has this horrible problem , the design and performance of this game is so amazing and so addicting I can't believe the network sucks like this. Does respawn not have the financial backing to support a stable network ? I know some members on here think respawn just doesn't care but how could that be true ? Why would they create such a brilliant amazing game and franchise to let it suffer from network issues ?

Is anyone on here able to get messages to respawn? Can anyone find out what's causing this lag ? I mean this is ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I actually feel guilty recommending Tf2 to other people knowing this lag problem exists

• Like Like x 1
  13. MDVillarreal

MDVillarreal Generation 3

I used a wireless connection on my PS4 for a while and from time to time I would experience occasional lagging and rubberbanding issues. It happens. When you have a significant disparity in types of internet speeds and connections all around the US (and the world), it can cause issues with game stability. That said, after my last horrid issue (my ping was spiking to 1000+ and I would stay frozen in the map and everything else would freeze), I switched to a wired connection and I haven't had any issues since. With any FPS online, wired connections are your friend.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MDVillarreal

MDVillarreal Generation 3

They may not experience the same lag problems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PeteⓇ

PeteⓇ Generation 1

That is true, they may not BUT it does seem to be a big issue with this brilliant game.

I have a wired connection to my router. I have forwarded ports 8125, 25000-25099, 30000-30099 as stated on the port forwarding web site.

I even watch streamers who rage at the deaths from behind cover or being unable to get the hits when the screen shows that the hits were actually on target.

It is becoming very frustrating.

16. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I play with a wired connection but i do have crappy internet speed for some odd reason. But none of the other online games I have played seemed to have this lag issue. My brother has this lag issue as well. Now my cousin and his friend have no lag issues whatsoever. They are using Fios and have the premium package and get the fastest internet service. They experience almost no lag. So I don't know what's going on. But this problem doesn't look like it's ever going to be addressed , I haven't seen respawn comment one thing about this issue.

17. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Thats what I mean. To have such a brilliant game fall victim to this dumb problem is unnaceptable. They need to fix this if they want this game to bounce back and become popular

18. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You got my vote on that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

online lag depends on internet connection stability, if the connection is not staable and has interruptions there is lag
    i have no lag

20. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

How would I make my internet more stable? The weird thing is I have only really noticed this problem in Tf2 . But I also know people who have no lag when playing Tf2 , so I really don't know what the problem really is. It's hard for me to pin point the problem