Online lag

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Omega82, Dec 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah no lag, I've never had an issue on TF1 or TF2 in terms of lag that wasn't able to be tracked to either my internet or being on a server in another country.

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

On euro servers here, and play on us occasionaly, and only have experienced lag a few times, sometimes with glitching enemy pilots (mostly on colliseum strangely), and sometimes a forward/rewind (the rubber banding?) Type. But not often. Was better when my xbone was hard wired.

Very rarely get put in a mid way match in tf2, which is a positive.(for me).

Hard wiring is definately a good start.

3. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

The lag the last 2 nights for me has been really bad , extreme rubber banding almost every match. My connection is wired and always has been. The internet speed from my cable provider is not that good but I never had an issue with a game before. I don't really understand what's going on , and respawn or anyone else doesn't even comment on these issues. Again I don't know how wide spread this problem is but it's so disappointing for such a great game like this.

4. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

It appears that Jay the community manager from respawn has just commented on the lag issues and admitted the problem was from their end. He said Respawn is gonna put in a new logging system that will monitor the pings and it will help them determine what is causing the issue. What are your thoughts about this guys ? Is this too little to late ? It still appears they have no idea what's going on and exactly how long will this new logging system go on before they can address the problem?

Could the reality just be EA cut the funding for Tf2 and the servers and network are running on a cheaper lower end system ?

5. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Clearly this is a PC issue and I wish you would be clear on that. No problem on either of my consoles.

6. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Uhh actually that's completely incorrect. I'm playing the game on PS4 . I don't play PC Games. Also another person I know is playing on PS4 and is experiencing the same issues. So I wish you wouldn't assume things before you know the facts.

7. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

This isn't a problem every single person experiences. But the problem is clearly out there if you don't have your head in the sand. We are using wired connections and have no problem with any other game online.

8. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

No need to get nasty we all want the same thing. i play have not heard anyone complain as much as you on the consoles so I assumed it was a PC issue as that is what Respawn has said they are addressing "server issues for the PC".

9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well I apologize but you exactly didn't come off cordial in your response. I didn't see respawn just single out pc but if they did then that's pretty disappointing.

10. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

The problem is definitely not just on pc

11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

"Too little to late" What does that even mean?

12. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

What I meant by that is the game has been lagging for months for " some" people , how many I don't really know. And now they want to implement some kind of monitoring system to look at ping spikes so it can help them find what the problem might be. So what is that gonna take another 2 months to actually resolve this issue ? So that's what I meant by that. Who knows how many people have been turned away just from the lag issues. I have read a lot of complaints about this problem. Again it's not everyone who experiences the lag. But that's what I meant by that comment.

Hope i explained it ok

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yes. Thanks.

14. PeteⓇ

PeteⓇ Generation 1

I have a theory that some people have found a way of 'exploiting' a high ping. They join far away servers and play with their ping upwards of 200 but are still able to hit every shot. The other people in the game are, largely unable to hit the player because 'he is never where he appears to be'.
    This is a strange state of affairs. In every other FPS I have played, the guy with the high ping suffers - not in this game... it would appear!?!

15. PeteⓇ

PeteⓇ Generation 1

I have just played a game whilst connected to the Oregon(?) server - It gave me a ping of 170.
    I can honestly say that I couldn't feel any lag... But I'm willing to bet that the guys on the other team saw me stuttering and teleporting!

16. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I was just playing for about an hour. It was stuttering and lagging every match. My ping was flickering between 30-60 every game. The game is still playable for the most part but there are some days where the lag becomes absolutely atrocious and I have to shut it off. Again my internet speed is not great but I don't seem to have problems with other online games. Unless titanfall just requires a higher internet speed to run normally? I have no idea