Only if you think you're good

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Getmused, Nov 19, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

That's how TF2 should promote its video game. Ive come across too many games where the loosing side ends up with 3-5 players. Sure they could have been kicked, idk.

I want to tie my title into the "dumbing" down (according to some)of TF2 with players leaving.

TF2 should have approached the game as if a challenge. No one likes loosing and TF2 for sure has a learning curve.

They should market TF2 as the "next" gen shooter. (Although destiny pretty much did this). But no other game plays like TF. I love flying around and playing in titans. TF2 should have challenged players and marketed it this way.

Let players know up front this game is different and you need to play it differently.

I'm just worried seeing lopsided matches, players leaving and CONSTANTLY being thrown into a mid game is going to continually drive players away.

I know shoulda coulda. BS start now. Promote the challenge

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i don't mind starting in mide game
    and everyone will eventually learn how mto play, as i started i was killed over and over again, now i'm better and i'll continue to get better, everyone learns with time and effort

what i don't agree is to be kicked off from the match, that's not fair, nobody is perfect and other players have no right to kick players off, they don't own the servers, noobs and veterans hav the same right to play

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Pilots getting fired from their team...:confused::eek:. How is that done?o_O

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I had a rough run yesterday, just ran into lobby after lobby of really good players, ended up just getting my arse handed to me. So I played DOOM MP instead and dominated :rolleyes:

5. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I posted this because I'm noticing a lot players quitting.

Plus TF2 is obviously gonna have new players. I'm wondering if new players are getting frustrated and quitting. Not because it's hard but different.

So I figured if TF2 was marketed to target pride maybe they wouldn't quit.

The post is Kinda ridiculous. I was not "myself" when writing the post.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It's funny you mentioned this but I was quitting out alot yesterday due the arse whipping I mentioned earlier. I don't have as much time to play as I used to so I'm still feeling my way around the new maps and man was I raging....ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I see a lot of players quitting early. But well so did I the first time I played a FPS shooter online on a console.

Skilled based matchmaking is needed for these newer players.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Feels like the overall skill level of players in TF 2 is higher as well. (Or maybe I suck at TF 2 more). Lots of guys playing quite tactically and lots more flanking and setting up in spawn rather than running mid map so I can shoot them. :rolleyes:

9. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I'm not so sure on skill level. My son calls them COD players. Seems a lot camp their own spawn trying to pick pilots off. Although I have run into some highly skilled players and had to change my tactics quick smart.

Or on the other hand maybe you do suck more at TF2. ;):):D:D

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah agree, they do camp up and are really working choke points. I wrote tactical to be polite but hey, it is camping. Some of the maps sort of encourage it to a degree through verticality and the ability to get to those places with new mobility mechanics. I've ran into a bunch of guys on Sunday afternoon who clearly knew the maps and the spawns and so I spent much of time having my arse handed to me.

And...as much I hate to say it, I haven't had much time to grind TF 2, my business is slow atm and so I am driving Uber as well as getting to the office. So...I probably do suck more at TF 2...but I'm saving my best for you dude...bring it on buttercup. :rolleyes:

11. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

True I got spawned trapped by a really good team the other day, died about 6 times before I could break out, map design helps with this a lot tho.

Oh I'm waiting, 27 pilots, 6 Titans, 20 odd minions is my best in attrition, bring it anytime you may think you are ready.

I looked at Uber too as I don't sleep, my driving record wasn't good enough.

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#12 Sgt_rawk, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Mate, they are some nice figures, you clearly haven't lost anything in the new game, I think the best I've done is about 15 2 10 odd. Mate, you've always had my number but I love every minute of trying to take you down..ha!

Yeah I drive uber from 5:30am till 10am and then go to the office till 5pm and then work Saturday as well, I get to Sunday and I am so exhausted, hard to find time to game, hopefully the business will pick up so I can back off a bit, I'm to old for this...

Just out of interest, what is your go to load out for pilot and titan?

13. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Mate it took me a while to get the hang of the new mechanics!

Running flatline, with stim, arc grenade. Charge rifle with quick shot thingy!
    Tone with the harder shield and extra dash!
    With TF2 I've worked out you need to stay with freindly Titans in battle! Really nerd to back your team up no more lone wolf as a Titan!

Also that's some long hours man! Look after yourself!

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah k, I'm still using R201 but I'm getting outgunned by the CAR and that other SMG that fires a laser. Might give the flatline a run, I use the charge with quick shot as well, its a good anti pilot weapon. I run tone in that exact loadout, its the most like a TF 1 titan. I use the pulse blade instead of stim but I might give stim a run.

Take care mate, see you out there soon hopefully...:)

15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Mate, played a few hours of TF 1 on the weekend...after getting sick of the rather cynical mid map/spawn camping. The two games are really two different games. It so weird that what on the surface appears to be two similar games produce two completely different play styles. I'm not sure what it, whether its mechanics, or map design, or the two different systems for load outs and perks but TF 1 produces almost no (long term) camping or stationary play.

And the running and gunning Titan play as opposed to the more tactical titan play of the second iteration.

I enjoy both but...I just don't know what it is about the second game, objectively they are both great games...I've been trying to come up with what it is about the two and the only thing I can think of that I am just better at TF 1. Ha!

16. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

It's the maps for one. Gone are the long walls runs, now replaced by small runs with hopping. I can't remember the name of the map in TF1 but it had small city in the middle with wide open plains around it and you could zip line to the sniper tower? Anyway you could have long range battles with your Titan using the city as cover, occasionally picking off a hoping pilot, Now you are squeezed in with 3 other titans in these tiny maps, blocking each other off, I find my self travelling around 3/4 of the map to get a decent shot on a titan. Reapers block you, steal your kills, the list goes on with reapers.

Pilot speed, I now find myself concentrating more on hope slide to get a decent speed up than I do on the actual game.

Spawns, I've worked out a few on the maps, hop on over here 3 kills, bounce on over there 3 kills. Oh look the next spawn 3 more kills.

I sort of don't mind the TTK, but in TF1 you could get away now it's peek and you are gone.

Titan load outs need a bit work over, but I see how they work now as they work well with the map design, but in itself this is a fun game don't get me wrong but doubt it will hold my interest for the next two years plus like TF1 has.

17. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

The map you are talking about was Nexus. The indoor spaces in TF 2 feel like they are more complex, and the verticality seems to have more of an impact in TF 2, like if you were on a roof on a lot of the maps in TF 1 for more than a couple of shots you were dead. I was rocking the stryder and it felt like it was OP coming off TF 2, they've certainly levelled the titan gameplay alot in TF 2.

After a few hours on TF 1 yesterday I went back to TF 2 and did much better, just needed to take a break and get some games where I wasn't getting shattered mid map. HA!

18. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Jimmah, yep spawns in TF2 are the same. On some maps like exoplanet and dry docks can be pretty bad.

Recently I've been joining mid match at least every other game sometimes 5 games in a row. In one case I came in mid match and the spawn was the back building in dry dock. The other team already had 4 titans. It was rough to say the least.

19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Have you come across any good spawn traps like that one on Smugglers cove in TF 1 where they would just constantly spawn in that top corner and behind the buildings and you'd just stand there in a titan waiting for them to come out...:)