Plasma Railgun?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by teedgejnz, Mar 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. teedgejnz

teedgejnz Generation 2

I'd love to regen.

Is anyone good with this? I need 50 titan kills. Howwwww...

2. Kowaliga

Kowaliga Generation 1

Going through this now. No worries, after the first 10 and you get instant shot it's much easier. Cluster to knock out shields. Crit hits. Rinse and repeat.

3. iONic64

iONic64 Generation 2

I just recently finished this challenge. Yes it was a pain to do, but when I found a class that worked it finally became a breeze. I used the Stryder, particle wall, slaved warheads, dash quickcharge(pretty much just keep dashing around them) and survivor. The survivor got me alot of titan kills. Most ppl see eject and mash that button. I just stayed in the fight and kept attacking. I also used the attachment on the plasma that lets me fire it without charging it. The most annoying part was the countless assists. Alot comes down to timing. If someone is attacking a titan with you. Let him get do most of the work and when he is low enough, go for the kill.

4. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Its good for ducking out of cover and hitting a Titan with full charge. Hard to get a Titan Kill with it though due to titans assisting so the challenge sucks. I tried the instant shot and hated the low dmg coupled with all the plasma rifle flaws. People also hope you have this gun so they can get in close and circle strafe you to death. People will hate me but I find Hardpoint going against Auto-Titans to be the cheesy way to get the titan challenge kills. Thats also a good place to get satchel and SMG kills.

• Like Like x 1
  5. teedgejnz

teedgejnz Generation 2

Thanks everyone. Good to know Kowaliga, and thanks Ionic for the class. That sounds like a good idea. Lol Corstaad, that's exactly what I've been doing. No shame, you gotta do what you gotta do. The challenges for Gen 4 are really fun cause I love SMGs and Satchels so those are no problem. It's just this railgun man, the assists are very annoying. I wish that the game was coded so that the dealer of the most damage gets credit for the kill and if there's a finisher by someone else, they get the assist.

• Like Like x 2
  6. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

I'm currently grinding my way through this Challenge as well, I like to use the Archer Anti Titan weapon to get a couple of Hits before I use the RailGun for the Kill! Seems to b Ok but I'm only at 22Kills atm & Level 39 but I'm a Solo player 90% of the Time so I don't think I'm doing too bad! Auto Titans are Always easier but Shhhh don't tell anyone coz it'll make it harder when people get wise to it!!

7. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

A few tips. When the railgun is fully charged it will take down a titan's shield. Second, the railgun is not good in close quarters, head to head titan battles. And finally, the best way to get these is to sit back and pick off a titan that is currently in battle with a teammate. Essentially, time it right and " steal" the kill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KaotikOnslaught

KaotikOnslaught Generation 5

Pretty much what Ionic said (hey brother), but I used the Ogre so I could last a bit longer. I too got frustrated with this challenge but as time went on I started to like the weapon a lot. Generating can get very annoying, but if not for this challenge I would have probably never picked up that weapon and learned how well and useful the gun actually is.

9. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

This man knows what he's talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bayz P

Bayz P Generation 4

I'm doing the challenges with the plasma Railgun. I keep getting rushed when I'm charging it up.

11. Ssedi

Ssedi Generation 1

This is easily the worse weapon there is in the game.
    It's not good for anything.

The only time it does decent damage is fully charged. But I could have fired of 4 or 5 40mm shots by the time it charges up.
    Yes, it takes down a Titans shields at full charge, but their shields recharge by the time it's fully charged again so 1v1 you might as well eject.
    The time the actual bolt takes to hit the target is crazy. You can't hit a moving target at range because unlike pretty much every other weapon there is a crazy long travel time.

12. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i hate the gun i'm going to hate using it when i hit Gen 3

13. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I've been chipping away at this. Currently at 17 or so Titan kills, and Instant Shot seems to help in some situations. I've had to run with two different loadouts for this. In Last Titan Standing games, it's much easier to hang back with your team and pick off Titans with a charged shot (i.e. don't use Instant Shot)

In other games, Instant Shot helps with farming the grunts. Here's how I have things set up for now:

1. VS Titans: Atlas, Extended Mag, Particle Shield, Cluster Missile, Regen Booster, Core Extender (for the Damage Core spamming - if you can call it spamming with a railgun)
    2. VS Pilots/Infantry: Stryder, Instant Shot, Electric Smoke, Cluster Missile, Regen Booster (or Nuclear Ejection), Survivor
    Like I said, in the first instance, just play defensively and pick your targets carefully. The Atlas is mobile enough when enemies close in that you can hold your charge and boost around to reposition and break line of sight. In the second style, just be sure to keep moving, especially when you need to reload. The thing that really hampers the railgun is its pitiful magazine capacity.

14. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Plasma Railgun is also godly for stealing the Doomed Titan bonuses. Once you see the glaring red critical hit marker on the enemy Titan, hit it with a full charge. If they are close to dead, hit them with a half charge. Couple this with a Damage Core of the Atlas and you are a king of kill-stealing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KaotikOnslaught

KaotikOnslaught Generation 5

As Koviko said, it is the king of stealing kills, stay behind your team and let them do all the work. As time went on though, it actually turned out to be a really good gun.

16. Fat Blunts

Fat Blunts Generation 2

Once you go for it, you will see it's not all that bad. I did this challenge faster than any other titan gun, and I hate it.

Just wait till somebody is about to die (assuming a teammate is there with you fighting also) and just take the kill.

If you are playing with you friends, you might want to play by yourself hahaha.

17. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I play with friends and we all stumble over each other for the DOOM. Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

Working this challenge right now. Found the Atlas works better for me as it still give enough staying power while retaining mobility. The core ability is a nice bonus if your good at hitting critical points while active.

Particle Wall pretty much is a must as you have to give up mobility to aim it properly and the wall gives you a couple more uninterupted shots.

Instant Shot really wakes the weapons up - you don't notice the reduced damage, especially if you are good at hitting weak points.

I run mine with Regen and Survivor in addition to Cluster Rocket. I use cluster to scratch my own back, area denial, room clearing, and shaving off shields.