Please don't kill customization with micro transactions.

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by hammy, Jun 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hammy

hammy Generation 1

So originally before titanfall 2 got leaked I had pretty high hopes for titanfall 2 titan customization.

Hopes:

1. I expected that at bare minimum they would give more chassis and allow us to paint our titan, selecting a primary and secondary color and calling it a day.

2. If pretty lucky, ditch the chassis system, and opt to allow us to make our own titan. Choosing from a list of parts for our torso, head, shoulder, arm hand, legs, and feet. Kinda similar to the way it was in halo reach. Armor choices accounting for armor ratings. So yeah, basically the way customization is in the old halo reach. (not halo 4/5)

3. If SUPER lucky, go further and allow us to then choose from hard-point slots on each part mentioned above for things to add to our titan, so like extra armor, thrusters, reactive armor, launchers, guns and more. Which would add time to your build time and weight.

What were seem to be getting is: Ordinance, defensive, tactical, and core. A weapon (maybe two) 2 perks, and 9 chassis to choose from.
    If you want to make your titan look unique, you get to pick from a few skins from micro transactions, which may or may not be just paint jobs.

Long story short, if titanfall 2 visual titan customization is limited to the chassis and DLC skins, I will be let down.
    At the LEAST give us a primary and secondary color to choose.

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Personally, I could care less about the customization. Just give me a titan and let me go and kill something. I'm just more interested in the killing part than the battlefield fashion statements. That's just me.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pittski

Pittski Generation 1

There is most likely going to be a large set of customization options to start with, plus the preorder skins. Either way, I could care less about customization in general be it aesthetic or weapon customization. Personally weapon customization to me is one of the many reasons cod is poop now after cod4.

4. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I agree, but it would be nice to have your own colours. Some that makes your Titan you. Kind of like the Tartans and kilts on the battlefield in days of old. Ya right. I do not want to hear any comments about how I want my Titan to wear a skirt!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I love customization.
    I trust Respawn to do it right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

I love customization too, but I trust no one.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

I love customization as well, especially when I want to have a unique firefight experience. If we can customize their aesthetic, I will be happy, but I could understand if they take some elements of weapons, equipment, and support kits out of the players hands for the titans. Since there will be 6 different titans, and with the ones already displayed have individual core abilities such as the Ronin's sword, the Ion's Beam weapon, and the Scorch's flamethrower ability, Respawn might try to make their loadouts unique as well for the sake of diversity One good example for this situation is Overwatch, where people often had to make choices based on preference at first, but often have to switch out to other heroes if their skills don't handle well against characters who could easily counter them. As far as pilot customization goes, I think we will still have the same elements of our previous loud-outs with a larger variety of gear to choose from.

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Given a choice between paying for maps or paying for aesthetics, I choose paying for aesthetics. Keep the content free but allow those that want to pay for nice colours the choice to do so.

9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Would seriously love to be able to "customize" my pilot. Helmet, clothing, etc. Just a way to make them look unique.

10. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I'm just waiting to see a Hello Kitty Titan?

11. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Definately.

If you were running around as a clan
    /team you and your teammates could all be wearing the same deco..

This would be very cool to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Oh very nice

13. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Now that I think about it......it would make us stick out more as well. Camo is key in this game.

14. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

The game needs that though!

15. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

I'm frankly against external visual customization unless its really subtle; like insignias in original Titanfall.
    That does not mean players / titans should look alike. Linking camo to pilot class, titan class or player rank is fine.
    For that reason I would only slightly improve on Titanfall's ideas.

However, on the stuff other players don't see or hear I'm all open to new options. Titan interior, gui, voicing, sounds, musical cues etc. Let the imagination work.

Just don't bring emotes in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@temporar Now that's what I'm talking about. No blinged out carbines, neon helmets (though that would make good targets)... just keep it simple.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

A massive smiley face emoji titan sits, wondering why there are several archer rockets sailing towards his grinning custom paintwork......:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Or how about a horde of happy face Marvins (already here!) ganging up slapping you to death.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

ba75e0f5da316315d15a5ad1dd6b8f8e (2).png

Any of this pish though will result in a very strongly worded tweet to Respawn, and there'll be words in there that my mother wouldn't approve of.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

There it is!!! That the crap that would just ruin it.:confused:

• Like Like x 1