Titanfall Please get rid of or nerf the smart pistol

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by BurningBalls123, Mar 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CamDrac

CamDrac Generation 2

I don't know why everyone is having such issues with people using the smart pistol or even the EVA so what if they're decent guns. I don't regulary use either one and I still out do anyone who is using one smart pistols you literally have to not be noticed by the other player so you can get the lock and then you have to keep them in your sight until you get full lock by that time the other player has either killed you or ran off without noticing you were even there. Then the EVA is decent but nothing to really brag about it has decent range for a shotgun but once again it can be beat you just have to quicker to the draw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

The bad thing is that most of the time you get killed by a smart pistol they are above you or not in your line of sight. I had some matches that the opponent was pretty far away and on the kill cam the guy didn't even aim at me. The reticle was so big that oponent looking straight and being a little elavated the SP picked up that I was below him and killed me :/ If they nurfed it to require more skill aiming the gun then I'd be ok with it.

3. Crazy wee man

Crazy wee man Generation 2

The only time I have been killed by a smart pistol is when I have not seen the player holding it. And from re-plays looks like it takes a while to properly lock. Myself I cannot get on with that gun, because I usually shoot from iron sights with which that gun has no benafit.

4. DigitalCore

DigitalCore Generation 2

If anything they should buff ADS damage.

5. ShapelessHorr0r

ShapelessHorr0r Generation 2

*says it's OP
    *no supporting statements
    *tries to balance it by giving something that is "OP" to players who simply play more

GG

6. Elohenu

Elohenu Generation 1

#TitanFAIL this whole game is a fucking joke. Cod with robots. Fuck titanfall. Revolutionary piece of shit

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  7. DigitalCore

DigitalCore Generation 2

Quit your whining and return to your sh*tty COD. No-one gives a f*ck.

8. Unuseful_Idiot

Unuseful_Idiot Generation 3

it IS a gun, and we are using guns to actually kill other pilots. I gave the smart pistol a try once, and have to say that it is really hard to master. most of my kills i get without locking on a pilot because it was face to face. Otherwise you have to wait like 3 seconds and 3 seconds in that game is eternity.
    tips for avoiding getting killed with SP?
    -don't stay in one place too long
    -strafe and jump often
    -draw faster

and hey, if this is soooo OP, how come you guys are not using it? that's the point of the game - to get kills right?

9. Elohenu

Elohenu Generation 1

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  10. RedGhost211

RedGhost211 Generation 4

On my experience the Smart Pistol is completely fine. Today I was surprised to have been killed with one, being around lvl 38 on 2nd generation and I don't remember to have been killed with it before. It is hard to aim if pilots are ninja jumping and jetpack boosting the whole time, it takes practice. Its important to consider that if you have this pistol and have pilot right in front of you, you will probably die. It is also awful at long range, the accesory pistol is preferable.

The EVA Shotgun, it's a camper's dream come true. Yes, it is a shotgun and its usable for that but I don't think I have been killed more with any other weapon. If you encounter a player at close range holding one of these you will probably die and not even be able to throw a grenade. Kicking said player doesn't work. I wish I was able to take at least 2 shots with full health but I don't know how fair that would be. It doesn't work for long range shooting.

That is my experience with both, but at the end I think the shotgun is very slightly overpowered, in a short range encounter the other player also needs a shotgun if he expects to have a chance, especially in buildings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FwuffyWolf_420

FwuffyWolf_420 Generation 1

The gun isn't overpowered at all! It takes a good three seconds to lock onto a pilot, three seconds they can easily use to shoot you in the face if they see you. Just because a weapon aims for you doesn't mean it's overpowered. Try using it for one game of attrition and you'll realize that.

12. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

The smart pistol needs to be brought back for Titanfall 2 in an update, once you master the weapon it can be as affective as using the sub machine gun when up against pilots.

I make good use of the jet pack when getting the gun to lock on...

• Like Like x 1
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you aldo. It is needed even more in Titanfall 2 than it was in Titanfall 1. As you and I have pointed out, so many design decisions were made to move in the direction of traditional FPS games where the majority of players prefer to pick a spot with good sightlines and then just sit there and get kills streaks. That was one good thing about the smart pistol. It discouraged that to an certain extent, which is a really good thing.

Also, I agree with you, once you learn how to use it and how you have to move to use it, that is when you also learn how you have to move to defend against it. Because I mastered using it, no matter what gun I was using I never feared a pilot with a smart pistol, because I knew I was always going to beat him. So many spent so much time perpetually whining about the smart pistol and insulting players who wanted to use it, calling them "sp noob" or "sp fag", where if they had just spent half as much energy learning how to defend against it, they never would have had a problem with it.

Anyway, I agree, it needs to be brought back to blow the traditional FPS kill streakers out of their precious spots since this game has been geared for them with smaller maps with choke points. Plus, all of the endless whiners about it in Titanfall 1 deserve to have it brought back for insulting players who enjoyed using it.

14. Jasper14

Jasper14 Generation 2

I say get rid of it, its a really cheap weapon, it really doesn't matter if you have to "earn" it. you can use it on an average of twice per game. it's not really fair to experienced or new players