Please Organize Feedback (Text) on HUD Better

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Nov 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#1 ensc, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    I'm starting this thread, because my buddy DARK brought up a very good point in another thread and I felt this deserved it's own thread. Here is what DARK said:

We were talking about how when you are defending a hardpoint, if you look at the top/center of the screen it will say "CONTESTED" when an enemy enters the invisible boundary surrounding the hardpoint. He was making the point that some other messages that flash on the screen cover that up sometimes.

I have noticed things like this in other areas. The one that really bugs me is that sometimes something is covering the screen in the lower right where it is telling me who killed me and what they killed me with.

The point of this thread is that in general i think they need to really take the time and do a better job at looking at all of the possible feedback they are putting on the screen and make sure nothing overlaps anything else. If you need to move the text, move it. If you need to make it smaller, make it smaller. We don't need double feedback (audible and visible), or at least if you are giving double feedback, then the text can certaintly be tiny. For example, if you are audibly going to tell me my titan is ready, then I don't also need giant letters telling me my titan is ready at the same time. Tiny text would do at that point or none at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

interesting point, i'll pout mor attenion to it,
    but the hud need definitely som improvements, some words are too big, others dissapear too fast,

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the elements of the hud must be to the cornes of the screen, they are way too in the middle

4. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Obviously I had to give this post a like! :rolleyes:

The hud is really a disappointment to me for instance for 90% of the game the minimap is a waste of space. Why anyone would opt for the "Radar Block" (can't remember what it is called) is beyond me.