Proposition

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Getmused, Nov 15, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I would like to propose a petition of sorts. Or better yet I'd like to gather as many players to sign a "letter" that could be sent to Respawn in hopes of making some minor changes to improve the game.

I'm not wanting to send anything ugly or negative but I really think this game needs some minor adjustments. I understand there are major disagreements about game design and direction that were brought up by TF1 players like shield regen and mini map but this isn't what I'm proposing to change. Those things could mean scrapping the game. Idk, I'm ignorant about coding and the inner workings of creating a game.

I'm really hoping with this "letter" minor things like spawning your titan, lag(network), player spawns, and future content development. I'm also hoping someone with a little more knowledge about gaming could assist.

The bottom line is I truly want the game to succeed but at this rate TF2 will drift off. If you don't think this game is doing poorly, you should take some time and read other forums. Or even better play the game.

New players should not miss out on some the amazing experiences I and others had with TF1.

Again, I'm not saying TF2 is a bad game. I'm just hoping to make it a better game. Some of the decisions inTF2 are horrible and unfortunate.

I'm sure some can rip into my bitch fest and find flaws or inconsistencies. Writing is not my strong suit. But I do hope some see what I'm trying to start and will help me complete.

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

There have been whispers of this here... sounds like a meeting if minds is in order.

3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I hope when ppl read this they don't think I'm trying to boycott TF2 or ask for complete overhaul of the game. I just want to do exactly what you said, have a netting of the minds. With hopes of clearing up some of minor inconveniences or inconsistencies with game moving forward.

I truly believe a well written letter signed by MANY players will grab the developers attention.

We all want what's best for the game and this franchise.

Thank you for replying

4. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

It's videos like this that are very concerning and unfortunately true. Making me want to gather as many players as possible in hopes of trying to turn this game around

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I follow a few of the devs on twitter, they are always up to hearing how the game is performing, following the community manager and getting some sort of relationship going might be the way to go.

6. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I started the thread in hopes that someone smarter than myself could initiate some form of a "letter" or email or something. Like I said, smarter. I just don't know what to do or where and how to send something like this.

I was hoping more would respond.

2 things need to happen for this to go forward.

1. Determine how to present this to the devs.

2. Start a list of minor issues or "changes" that can easily be implemented.

Again I'm hoping someone smarter than me can determine if these "changes" we decide upon are easy. I'm not a computer/tech person, so my knowledge of "easy" fixes could be impossible.

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It's a difficult one. They will make changes from feedback however we aren't privvy to the bigger picture. Also, as you say, we aren't developers so it's hard for us to know. I think that you need to have faith that they don't want their game to drift off, this is back to us not knowing the bigger picture. I appreciate your passion and concern and, as I said before, I would follow some developers from Respawn and @ them a couple of things and see what they say. This guy @JayFrechette (that's his twitter handle) would certainly be open to feedback so you could @ him and see what comes up. In terms of a letter from us as a community I'm not sure how we could present that but I'm sure there is a way.

If you go to the official Titanfall forums you could post there as well. This company is, more than many, open to feedback so see how you go.

8. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Thank you for pointing me in a direction

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

No worries mate.

10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#10 ensc, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    I commend your desire to take action and I wish you luck in getting anything done no matter how small. Any little bit would help. I'm sorry I can't offer a good direction.

I really need to thank you for sharing this video and agreeing that it is "unfortunately true". I disagree that this video is "concerning" though. To the contrary, I have found the good reviews to be the concerning ones. If the developers feel they have done nothing wrong and made a great game, there is no motivation to change or correct anything. Denial will only lead to a quicker and sharper death to the game and it's user base. This video is the most complete, comprehensive and accurate review and assessment of almost every aspect of the game. If you really care about the survival of TF2, this video is what you want Respawn to pay attention to and take seriously. Although I commend your desire to be reasonable and only ask for minor changes, this will not stop the bleeding of the user base. As this guy states, even if they fixed half of the things he mentioned, it may not be good enough to keep more people from leaving, much less bring them back. Also, there has to be some sense of urgency on the part of Respawn, because if they allow the user base to keep bleeding out, there may not be any players left to play with even for those who might think the game is perfect as is. Once players leave with a bad taste in their mouth, it is almost impossible to get them to come back. Now is the critical time for them to send a bold and definitive message that they see the user base dropping, they are concernced about, they care about it and they are going to try to make even major changes if necessary to try to salvage what user base is left.

The bottom line is the Denial has to stop and the Sense of Urgency has to start otherwise even those who love it will end up with no one to play with in a much shorter time than you might think. For example, Amped Hardpoint has dropped in 3 weeks to levels as low as it took TF1's Hardpoint nine months to a year to drop to. That is extremely alarming.

You have to remember, they work for us not the other way around. We pay them to make the game. They don't pay us to play it. If they want to be in denial, that's fine, but then they are going to stop getting paid.

11. Demeisen

Demeisen Generation 1

To be honest, this game is a complete clusterfuck with a dropout rate that speaks for itself for one reason above all others.

Titan Progress.

Whoever thought tying that to performance should literally be fired. I mean that sincerely.

We've all seen many, many, many, stupidly onesided games, and this is why. We've all seen many dropouts and probably done many dropouts ourselves because the momentum in this game is spirit breaking and turns a variable portion of the game into a complete waste of time.

That's not the only thing wrong with the game for sure, but it is the most pressing, and the worst single decision in a sequel full of baffling decisions that make Titanfall look like the underappreciated masterpiece that it was, and this game a pathetic cowing of itself to please a mass market which couldn't really give a shit in the first place. I cancelled my pre-order of the game, got friends to do the same, wound up with a free copy of the game because a friend of a friend knows the producer, and STILL feel ripped off.

• Like Like x 1