PS4 VS. XBONE Gameplay

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Dec 31, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#1 KernelClamjuice, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    I am by no means a great FPS game player......and this in no way is meant to bag on PS4 players....

I am better than average though I believe...for a middle aged retired guy...anyway..

I played T1 and now T2 religiously.....on the XBONE..

Well.....earlier today I went to my neighbors house who has a PS4 and he recently bought T2.

Holy Shiat! The experience I have in Titanfall real showed while playing....

Every game I played I was scoring between 225 -325 pts. I normally consider a good game on XBONE to be 100-150 pts.

I absolutely owned everyone that I went up against. Especially once I got in my Titan.......I was absolutely wrecking everything that crossed my path. My Titan was unstoppable......the only thing that brought me down was the enormous amount of Reapers that appeared....

Still fun though.......but without a doubt I think the level of players on XBONE is superior to that of PS4. Maybe the higher level of strategic experience I was able to implement was the reason and not necessarily my game play... I do think with time it will even out as the PS4 players gain more experience......but I could definately tell a difference...

• Like Like x 3
  2. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Yup, the PS players got a raw deal and are behind on the time played.

Theres obviously gonna be alot of peope who pick up the movement faster than others but we already know the games mechanics from TF1 no matter how different TF2 is from TF1, it still provided a solid base to begin from.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I played TF1 probably an average of 4.5 hours per day and I can honestly say that even with all of the time and experience, I did not feel 100% confident in my movement and maneuvering skills until about 1-1/2 to 2 years into playing the game. Now, I feel unstoppable, but it does not happen overnight. Any PS4 players that never played on PC or XBONE are 2 years and 7 months behind.

4. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

That's really interesting bc I've seen this "debate" mentioned before and some absolutely laughed at the notion PS4 players were behind

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mustard SG

Mustard SG Generation 1
    Elite Pilot

Couldn't it just be that his friend was a lower ranked player and he was coming up against must easier competition than he was used to?

6. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

This isn't T1

Matchmaking is non existent comparably.

I play T2 on my sons account and score similarly to my own account.

7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

There is another caveat to this. I said that PS4 players who never played TF1 are 2 years and 7 months behind. However, that only accounts for TF1 experience. You have to consider general FPS experience as well. For example, I never played another multiplayer FPS game before TF1, so now I have 2 years and 7 months total of FPS experience. Now, let's say someone had played COD for 5 years, but never played TF1, they would still be 2 years and 5 months ahead of me in the FPS department, so even if it might take them awhile to get the TF movement down, they still have the FPS instincts to offset that and perhaps even allow them to still dominate even while learning how to move.

8. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I think the whole strategy of the game plays a major factor.

I suck at all other FPS with exception of BO2

9. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

you got lucky , lol the servers you were on probable was new kids that got it for xmas lol .
    seriously doe , you have a point and i will agree any player that has and experience like your self will show , and it's due to that experience you have will be a dominant factor in the game , so i would say yes your experience in the game will give you some advantage to those that have not played it before. but that is only if you are playing gamers that only play games on play station and never played a titan-fall game .

Ps Happy New Year Kernel. cheers mate.