R-101C Op?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Dayum Breh, Apr 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Capt Falcon 77X

Capt Falcon 77X Generation 2

Hi guys

Personally I think the Carbine is actually broken. Most of these posts only look at its killing power but not it's other traits.

First of we all know its power but compare to the other guns its a joke but will get into that later. Most people run carbine with silencer and holo. This enables you to run around the map farming npc's getting your Titan extremely quick without attracting attention. DMR, G2 ,97, shotgun and C.A.R being the closest killing power Lose this race due to silencer being terrible on them or ammo issues. Only smart pistol really can farm quicker but it is terrible without stealth.

Carbine vs DMR
    Basically the DMR is the only weapon that can out kill the carbine at all ranges if the user is skilled enough. I'm Gen 10 with 7000 kills for DMR. I run it with AOG and stabilizer (Xbox one) and have a 10% headshot acc so I normaly win vs carb. That said even from the roof (above the eagle neat with strafing) of the colony tower with a suppressor the carbine can kill me in half a second. DMR with silencer you ask? Well just put it in the bin because it sucks vs pilots reason, 1-2 bullets with suppressed DMR is just enough to edge carbine. 3 well you better be good at strafing because you about to get mauled.

Carbine vs G2
    Nope. Seriously the G2 has no purpose at long range Dispite being and semi auto weapon. It's a low power version of the DMR with similar acc. Farming with this gun is probably the worst in the game apart from krab. Silenced it shoots like a toys r us nurf gun and non-silenced
    you'll be getting killed all day. This weapon is only good with match trigger (smaller clip is actually a joke) at close range and just tap as fast as you can!.

Carbine vs hemlock
    Not much to really say on this one. Falls into the same file and G2 however better for npc's. starburst is rubbish and the damage drop with a silencer is bull.

Alright so that's long range. So how does close combat work against this atrocity?

Carbine vs C.A.R
    Ah yes the C.A.R, people love this gun although apart from being a great run gun strafe weapon, it actually sucks hard out compare to carbine. So without suppressor it can be a great gun to fight carb with especially if you have a good twitch finger but that's against a suppressed carb. If You put a suppressor on C.A.R your screwed out of every gun in Titanfall suppressor on this gun just why?, why does it suck so hard? No joke it's awful. So basically you strafe give yourself away, not farm npc's and will hopefully win or add silencer and lose to basically all guns but G2.

Carbine vs R-97 and Eva
    Okay so this one is interesting. Both these weapons serve a similar role to each other. Suppressed you have a good chance at hip fire 5m range or wall running but your range...noooope your doomed. I see a lot of posts saying "my Eva is great again it!" I'd love to see you win a fight against a carbine because at close range you and down somebody faster at 5m with carb before somebody gets 2 shotgun shots of. Shotgun can be a good weapon for objective and can farm well with silencer apart from the small clip and getting caught of guard. 97 however seems to be the only weapon that can win in this case even with silencer due to fire rate being higher. Not to mention that carb can kill quicker than you can jump kick the user

I'm not rating the other guns simply because they serve rolls. LMG just takes too long to stabilize to realy compare against a skilled foe you will lose.

At the end of the day it's a weapon that exists to help rookie players that the high ranks/skilled are taking advantage of.

Long range it wins due to damage drop of with a silencer, the ability to farm grunts without giving away location and accuracy.

Midrange well unless your great with snipers enjoy you kd dropping

Close range shotgun can sometimes edge out, C.A.R with counter weight is a good choice if you cbf killing grunts. 97 truly the only overall good choice against it while suppressed however at long range your screwed.

Factor in skill, movement and damage drop. In the right hands your a god. Any person over gen 5 who mains it with holo and suppression, your not good at this game just please switch gun.

Buffing the other guns is not the right choice. Slightly lowering damage. Adding a large amount of recoil over 6 bullets at long range forcing burst fire and lowering its hip fire acc slightly would balance it perfectly. Still keeping it a jack of all trades, not the bF3 M16A3 god gun.

Okay carbine done now just jump kick and rail fun and its perfected.

Feel free to hate against my post just letting my voice be heard
    Capt Falcon 77X
    Pre-patch gen 10
    6 pilot kd

2. THE_oldy

THE_oldy Generation 2

It is better that the carb be too strong than be too weak.

As much as I dont think the carb breaks the game it is hard to argue that it couldn't handle a nerf. But if one gun is to be overpowered, it is best it is the all rounder.

I don't like the idea of being forced to play a non general style because it is the strongest.

I'm the type of player that seeks out and tries to master what I figure is the strongest style at the highest point I think I will get on the skill curve. If I feel out matched by a style I think I have the skill to master, I change. I pay no attention to honor. You'll never hear me bitch about a gun being OP in an FPS, because if I think a gun is OP, it'll be the one I'm holding. (I may bitch a gun is cheap, but if im not using it its because I ultimately think it's weaker)

You might guess from this I main carb holo supresser in attrition. I like this because I can do most of what titanfalls sandbox has to offer within my main style. Run and gun/fly and gun dancing, rangey line of sighting/positional kills, ect.

If the the carb got hit hard by the nerf stick, and I felt a less jack of all trades style became superior, I would quickly start trying to master that instead. I think this would be a pitty if it ment I had to stay in just one niche of the sand box. (Keep in mind this is from the perspective of just playing random public games by my self, playing a role within a team is a separate thing)

Maybe the carb could use some kind of nerf, I like to think that it being my gun of choice is testament to that fact. But I really hope that post nerf it's still my gun of choice, so I can have as much access to the corners of the sandbox I'm enjoying playing in now.

I think a good nerf would force a carb user to pick their fights just a little more than they do now, while still retaining the feel of being able to out muscle weaker opponents.

I'm thinking maybe a small increase in damage drop off at range, plus a tiny nerf to rate of fire?

3. skinNbonez27

skinNbonez27 Generation 2

**This** The G2 could use a little increase in damage.

The carbine is NOT OP. It's the perfect beginner/results weapon.

4. Virge Trotter

Virge Trotter Generation 1

FYI Pilots and Spectres have 200 health, grunts have 100.
    G2A4 needs a range boost, double the range would be okay with me. I also think that it should go from 99-66 to 67-50 with a silencer. making it still maintain its ability to kill in 3-4 shots.
    R97 should do 50 damage within 7 meters. making it the fastest TDK of any non one shot weapon in CQB. or have extended mags by default. or have no damage penalty from a silencer.
    Hemlock should have its magazine increased to 36. Or have a head shot multiplier of 2x
    CAR is balanced and in my opinion the best pilot primary.
    DMR is okay, its just the nature of the game that makes it less effective.
    The Kraber needs some more velocity to its bullets, the way it is is akin to an airsoft gun. I think it should be hitscan like the DMR.
    EVA 8 Shotgun is tough to balance but perhaps add an extra pellet to its shot.
    smart pistol is underpowerd but if the community found out it was buffed the world would burn.
    These small buffs to the weapons would make them more powerful in there niche and not beaten in there own game by the R101c. However the R101c will still be the most versatile pilot primary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bull ADK

Bull ADK Generation 2

I definitely like the CAR as my favorite primary, I just wish you could use the counterweight & suppressor mods at the same time :) I'm trying like hell to use and like the G2 but you really need the suppressor with that gun and the damage drop off sucks when using it. They need to fix that too.

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I just had a thought, the Carbine is the ACR of Titanfall, if any of you have any history with CoD you will know what I mean, good all round AR, stable shooting platform (see laser beam in some peoples opinion ;)), easy to use, good damage and range numbers. Just a thought.

7. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

^^^ This every FPS well pretty much every FPS has a all round weapon. M16, M4, ACR, the list goes on. They must have one! Believe it or not there are still people out there buying their first console gaming PC etc. To keep customer happy they MUST have an all purpose weapon.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah agreed.

9. RedGhost211

RedGhost211 Generation 4

I don't think its OP, but I think I have used it no more than 15 times, usually in a desperate attempt to solve enemy player distance issues, that is, when I find players that are either too close or too far away frequently. I guess all games need an alll purpose weapon. I don't see many people using it, or I don't recognize the name since my game copy is in another language.

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#70 Sgt_rawk, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    I have but one question for you my wordy and paragraph happy friend.

How many fully automatic Assuault Rifles are there in Titanfall? mmmmmm?

Your honour. I rest my case. Thank you linesmen thank you ballboys. :)

This may be a tad cryptic so I will spell it out. It is not OP it is OU. Overused.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Capt Falcon 77X

Capt Falcon 77X Generation 2

Care to explain why the fire rate should affect killing power?

It's commonly accepted that the M16 in CoD4 is Op and that's burst fire...

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hi mate, I think you are missing my point somewhat. There is only one fully automatic Assault Rifle, as there is only one burst and single shot rifle. Burst and single shot are not easily used by the casual user. So the only choice is the carbine. It feels OP because it is overused. Every game has a reasonably stable easy to use AR and this Carbine is it. I accept that you think that it is OP. I disagree.

13. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

The carbine of course, is going to beat the Eva if the Eva has to fire two shots, but that's ONLY if it's a straight up mexican standoff.

The advantage of the Eva is it's the ultimate hip fire weapon, you can be jumping around, bouncing off walls, and making mid-air turns with the stim and not lose an ounce of killing power.

The reason the Eva wins up-close against the Carbine even when the user has to take more than two shotty rounds, is the Carbine user actually needs to aim, and the Eva user doesn't.

So I wouldn't say it's only 5m where the Eva wins. It can be up to 10 so long as I'm closing the distance with a parkour, that let's me take my first shot around 10m, and my next shot around 5m somewhere in the air or bouncing off a wall where the Carbine user has difficulty tracking me.

TLDR

Eva destroys the Carbine up close, just as a shotgun should.

Still working on the R-97. I don't think it does as well against the Carbine up close- though certainly should win most the time, but it has more Grunt killing power than the Eva.

There's no reason to ever use a silencer on the Eva either. It kills the damage.

14. JoinTheFanClub

JoinTheFanClub Generation 2

All the guns are good. More than any other FPS I have ever played, skill trumps all the guns. I personally never use the carbine because its easy and boring, but as someone who only gets killed by it, I still don't think its OP. I feel bad for people who only use the carbine. They are going to get bored very quickly and since they think its the only gun in the game, get bored with the game. Most carbine users never really develop good movement and evasion abilities or see the game for all it has to offer. The guns each have roles. The carbine fills many of them reasonably well, but of course the shotgun and smgs are better up close. The DMR is better at range. Kraber is even better at mid range. The G2 has the potential for one shot headshots, which isn't as hard as people think. The carbine is a Jack of all trades. Is it good? Yeah. Are you good? Not if you are using a silencer.

Plus there is a carbine on every grunt in the game. Pick one up.

15. JoinTheFanClub

JoinTheFanClub Generation 2

I don't have a carbine class. I'm gen 10 and for the first time since it was a regen requirement I have unlocked all of the carbines attachments, but only from picking them up off grunts and pilots. I personally have 1 spitfire class, 1 longbow class and 3 kraber loadouts which is all I really use and I am always on top. All of the guns are good. I don't mind the carbine because in order to shoot, you have to aim and move really slow or sit still which is all I need for a split second to quickscope in. Skill is what wins.

16. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Wait...this thread is still going? I thought we all agreed I was right? Now move on everyone...nothing to see here. Ha!;)