Rainbow Six Seige

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kingkat54, Jul 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Just watched a 24 minute video of MP play of this game. Classis "Hostage-Rescue-Defend" scenario.

Only saw one mission, but the game play looks interesting. Takes a lot of communicating and team work to be successful. BTW, this was the game that got me into fps. Played Rainbow Six for hours, and hours.

Anyone see this???????

Always looking for NEW adventures. :)

2. Drecq

Drecq Generation 2

I was never a big fan of the Rainbow Six games, I mean they had some things going their way but I couldn't get into them as much as other games. There was suppose to be a Rainbow Six game I thought in the works called "Liberty" but I guess they scrapped that idea or something.

3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

It's where I started in fps...................gonna keep an eye on it............just in case it IS good!

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah Rainbow Six was a punishing game, I loved every frustrating minute. Played through it more times than I can count. This new one looks good.

5. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

This looks pretty nice. High levels of cooperation and organisation required. But it looks great

6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Played one entire weekend with a few groups. We started on a Saturday morning and finished that Sunday evening. Just RS6 Terrorist Hunt. Scheduled breaks and stuff.

(wife on vacation at beach w/ GF's);)

7. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

So is Rainbow Six one of those coop games where you need 2 people to beat? Isnt it super difficult and you die instantly lol? Im thinking of trying it out

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

RS6 has always had a strong SP element. Co-Op was a big reason many of us played the game. Planning, weapons load outs, routes to take...etc. Solid, tactical game play. It WAS (one of ) the first "one-shot-one-kill" fps. No health regenerates, no medics.
    No weapons ladders, or uniforms. Everything was available at the start.
    Has been around since 1998? Have tried every game, none have surpassed the original.
    Maybe this time they get it right?
    Juggernaut, if you get the chance try the RS6 Raven Shield. Seriously still a good game. If you decide to get this one.................WE ARE playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

9. The Juggernaut

Hmmmm RS6 for PC and original Xbox... don't think I can try it lol. And if I get Rainbow Seige we are playing together? Well if it is coming out for Xbox one then im definitely trying to out!
    Of course you would have to walk me through the entire mechanics and save my life 24/7 and im more of a silent type so you would have to communicate with my rhotacism plagued helium fueled voice... that can be quite helpful and not at all CoD squeaker related... this might actually work...I think... if you get a xbox one...

10. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Too bad...........................I am PC mainly player. But I highly recommend the RS6 series if you can try it out.
    Tactical, slow, planning, and then lots of action!!!!!
    Its probably why I sux at the latest fps..........................too fast for me I like it tactical and slow and silent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Juggernaut

I love a bit of planning and tactical decisions as well.
    From the way you describe Rainbow Six then im definitely going to try it out for Xbox One!

12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This actually reminds me of Hostages on my Atari ST!! (or Operation Jupiter as it seems to be called outside the UK)

13. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Had to look THAT one up!
    I remember playing that on the old NES with my two sons. My youngest could get trough the search lights and set up the snipers. My oldest was an uber-sniper. Then me, the old man cleared out the building and saved the hostages.
    Hours of fun. Ate a lot of pizzas too! LOL

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That and Lombard RAC Rally had my time back then

15. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

AHHHHHHHHHH...........................memories! :D

16. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

RS6 announced a Closed Beta sign up. They are going to have it finally. Should make for a better game!

I signed up and (hopefully) I will be selected to participate! (I sent them a signed blank check too.......:p)

17. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Looks like an excellent game. Only concern is as a sort of Lone Wolf player I think it may not be so enjoyable.

And the many hours I've played Rainbow Six games is beyond a joke. :)

18. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, if you are like you and me and tend to play on our lonesome then it would be tough, everyone needs to be on mic for comms and being on the same page is crucial...its a shame, maybe we need to stop being no friends normans and make a time to team up...:)

19. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I like that..............."no friend normans"...................:D

This game will take some communication to be successful, but that will make it a great game. Besides, VOIP are cheap and easy to use.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is on the radar for the X1.

Along with Hardline, Halo 5, Battlefront, Elite Dangerous, The Division, Eldar Scrolls and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

2015 is trying to bankrupt me!!!!!

• Like Like x 2