Titanfall Rank Chip problems (from a G10 Diamond V player)

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by SumTingWong, Oct 28, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SumTingWong

SumTingWong Generation 1

I know this is the 'beta' season of rankings and I'm certain that Respawn's getting plenty of feedback and data on this new system. However, as a player who's in the top 1% of Australian ranked players (sadly, there's not many of us left), I'm having a lot of problems with consistency of earning battlemarks in matches with the ranking system. Let me use some screenshots as examples after about 15 hours of trials:

Last match played:
    Time 10/28/2014 10:35pm AEST.
    Game Mode: Attrition (basic).
    Map: Fracture.
    Final Score: 203 Attrition points.
    Score Summary screenshot (half the enemy team quit midgame):
    [​IMG]
    Battlemark results: Not successful.
    [​IMG]

While I've sadly neglected to take screen shots, I have gotten into many matches where I achieved a score of less than 50, and received a battlemark. In addition to this, I've watched the battlemark gauge fill and empty spasmodically and also remain inexplicably empty the entire match only to fill up or not fill up at the end of the match.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but at the upper Diamond tiers, I can no longer see any consistency or stability of the ranking system. If possible, I'd like to see this addressed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeMK5n00b

LeMK5n00b Generation 1

3. LeMK5n00b

LeMK5n00b Generation 1

hmmm. yes agreed with Mr Wong, there is really sumthingwrong with the Diamond tiering system. am currently a Diamond V too... i wonder with my results what is the percentile i fall under too if i were Australian. if i was but i think there are many other Asian gamers who are just as good or better.

Attached Files:

4. LeMK5n00b

LeMK5n00b Generation 1

Attached Files:

5. ChinoBeats123

ChinoBeats123 Generation 1

Woah is that V regeneration card new? Or like how do you get that?

6. Coolayde

Coolayde Generation 1

Yeah, my experience and that of friends and even random Beta users is that it's very inconsistent.

It's crazy because the little green progress indicator will jump or fall sometimes when I'm not even scoring...

OR (most frustrating) I'll get a triple kill, the kill feed will have what was scored (In green) w/ a numerical value, say +600, and the freaking progress indicator won't move an inch!!!

I was thinking it may be tied to not just your performance, but how you score in relation to the game. IE: you could go 14-2-6-8 in Pilot hunter, but if you were the 5th or 6th best score (including or not including enemies), then you wouldn't get that much in battle mark progression. Hours of playing have left that theory to be unfounded.

I'm diamond now, and I can see only two ways to succeed at this so far:

1st, staying active and dying as few times as possible. Even if you're killing grunts, if you can keep your deaths between 0-3 and score in the top 20%, you can usually get at least one battle mark.

2nd, is getting on forums like this and telling Respawn to address the scoring: Either fix it or be more transparent with the scoring from Tier to Tier so we know what the hell to do!

7. dARKzzyy

dARKzzyy Generation 1

Same problem here.I get good scores and wins, in the end i get my battlemark broken.The meter does not react at all some times no matter what you do or it gives you a mark and then takes it away after 10 sec (again for nothing).I dont know if this is a diamond league problem only but it has to be fixed.

8. popblawo

popblawo Generation 2

Haven't played in ranked yet I'm only a gen 8 but I heard something about if your a higher rank they give you points based on who your playing and what the game expects your score to be against the team your playing. Like if your a V against a 2 they expect a lot more points .

9. Shaddosa

Shaddosa Generation 2

Feel privileged guys, I signed up to put in my knowledge (lol) image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Now
    From what I know, this is skill based rank, not exp based, so for me I struggle to get to diamond tier 1 from plat tier 5, this goes for all tiers as far as I'm aware

As to the how it works, I believe you have to do different things to prove your worth of the next tier, like crush piglets and grunts a few times and punch a few too, kill things with your titan ordinance and defence things, and as a pilot use your hand gun and nades and kick and necksnap and hack... Pretty much use the full range of pilot abilities and the full use of the game, like I said, it seems to be skill based and the game modes have info as does the rank chip "based on how well you play to the game mode" attrition, not running away from a titan to kill grunts, hardpoint not camping the defence the whole game.. That's my thoughts

But I would love a detailed brake down of the formulae used to calculate your battle marks

Lastly, any one feel free to hit me up on the xboxOne my gt is Shaddosa

10. Shaddosa

Shaddosa Generation 2

Also in the game the images are from, I did have all my deaths in the first 2 minutes, and I had all 3 marks about 60 seconds before victory, I did not die in that time and I was still killing, however I did attempt to evade enemy archer lock on when I noticed my thing go spastic

11. Foreign Gamerz

Foreign Gamerz Generation 1

Did you never go on the option 'Ranked Play' and when you clicked on that It would say your options
    'Disable/enable rank chip'
    'View all ranks'
    'Season History'
    'Gamemode Rules'
    Go in Gamemode rules and you will see Whats stuff you gotta do to get battlemarks

12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#12 rainman0211, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    @Foreign Gamerz That sir is some good info on an old post, but some good info none the less. Next time I go into Ranked Play (and since you brought it up I just might) I'll look into it.:) I go thru the old post slot... no telling what info you'll find in these forums. There is a wealth of knowledge to be found there.:D

13. Mrsynister6x

Mrsynister6x Generation 2

There should be a list of the ranking goals each tier you have to advance. Similar to the goals needed to achieve higher generations. I dont understand how battlemarks are achieved. I do well, I get nothing. I do bad but earn pieces of battlemarks. Its so frustrating I have stopped altogether. Ill wait until it gets sorted out. The info provided by others is helpful,but doesnt adequately explain.