Rank System

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by BattleReadyPB, Apr 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree with you completely. And, thank you, thank you, thank you, for even taking the time to read it, try to understand it and then critique it. I really appreciate it. You are absolutely correct and I think the rank system should use a formula I laid out for Respawn to use for a matchmaking algorithm about a year ago. I believe the matchmaking system and rank system should both consider all of these things. I have it in a post about the matchmaking system, but I'll include it here so no one would have to link back and forth.

Keep in mind this was for matchmaking, but the first portion on 'Experience' should also be used for rank:

-Experience (must include many factors, can't rely on Prestige/Level only)
    --Prestige/Level - 25% weighted (will measure skill with multiple weapons)
    --Total In-Game Time - 25% weighted (will measure intel, knowledge of maps/modes)
    --Winning Percentage Last 10 Games In Current Mode - 50% weighted (effectiveness)
    ---P = Prestige (1 through 10, ignoring Level)
    ---T = Time Spent In-Game (up to 500 hours, anything over 500 will equal 500)
    ---W = Wins In Last 10 Games Of Current Mode
    ---this makes all 3 have a base of 10, which makes the weighting work
    ---ATTEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 ATT
    ---HPEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 HP
    ---CTFEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 CTF
    ---LTSEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 LTS
    ---MFDEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 MFD

-Distribution (must use holding areas)
    --when someone enters a game mode, whether an individual or a block of friends
    --they must be put in a holding area and only added into games if you are adding
    --equal numbers of players with equal experience based on algorithm above onto
    --each side at the same time
    --it is better to wait, knowing you will be entering an even game, rather than
    --getting thrown directly into a game that could be frustratingly lopsided
    --if you don't like waiting, you can always try a different server or mode

-Numbers (must have equal numbers on both sides, must make it a priority)
    --you can totally control ENTRY or game setup as described in Distribution above
    --what you cannot control is people leaving (must allow them to leave)
    --how you deal with this is treating someone leaving as an absolute emergency
    --you drop all Distribution you are currently handling and grab the best fit
    --Experience-wise for that mode to take their place immediately
    --once the emergency has been dealt with, then and only then, can
    --you resume normal Distribution

2. sirturdaloter

sirturdaloter Generation 2

Haha, you guy's are funny. I turned the game back on for the 1st time in months. Went from bronze 1 to diamond V in 3 days. It's not the ranking system, it's the player!

3. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Good for you.

I had to make a different account to reach diamond for some reason... hit diamond in 2 days.

Not diamond 5, I will admit there are better players.
    I am sitting at Diamond 4 though.

4. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Still having a stab at this now and then, it's a bit infuriating though!

5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Why would anyone stay at Gen 1 just to get higher rank leveling? Isn't that like always using the SP and forged certificates? I do not want to be insulting. But honestly, am I missing something?

6. BattleReadyPB

Yes you are missing something.

I can play this game and hang with the best but for some reason I can't get back to diamond on my 10 gen account.
    It's not for lack of killing shit either.
    I score top damage all the time and never earn a damn battlemark.
    It was easy to maintain a good rank, even while genning up but I went offline for half a year and cant earn anything past platinum 4 even while dealing max damage.

* I'm back to only playing my 10 gen account, have been killing shit with ezridr and rainman the last couple days.
    Join on up and play a few game if your on xbox 1.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

There is definitely something up with being a higher gen, and battlemarks, it's weird.

8. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

It does not seem strange to me. The higher the gen the better you have to do. The rank stem is freaky and idiosyncratic. I actually love it's randomness and non linear way of assessing things. I think it really detects cool things you do and credits you. It can tell your style of play and not just your numbers. It is an adaptive program most likely and is always modifying itself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

Got me 3 chips tonight and 'connecting to server' at end of game, bye bye 3 chips.....lol hate it when that happens!

10. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

I just broke 13,000 games played, yet for the life of me cannot get beyond Platinum III.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

More importantly, I am sooooooo tired of having a great game, earning three or more Battle Marks, then having the stupid server reset, wiping out everything I just did.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

Yea that really winds me up, especially when you get them all, or even just one, and you know it's coming when that circling circle of death shows up only at the end of a a game, then walla - lost connection, sux. I must have this at least 2 or 3 times a week. Wish there was more Kiwi players then maybe we could have had our own server.

13. BattleReadyPB

It should detetct hours of gameplay instead.
    I know guys who have way more gameplay logged in as gen 1 or 2 accounts. Theres no real perk to genning up so some people just dont bother.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sorry BattleReady, I didn't notice you had replied to this until just now.

That is not my gamer tag.

I agree with your opinion completely, so I've copied something I had in other threads on this site, because it includes your opinion, so here you go:

As a computer programmer, the non-existent matchmaking algorithm is painful on so many levels. It is so obvious that they didn't even try. I laid out how I think it should work and posted it on Respawn's old forums probably about a year ago. Here is what I put there:

-Experience (must include many factors, can't rely on Prestige/Level only)
    --Prestige/Level - 25% weighted (will measure skill with multiple weapons)
    --Total In-Game Time - 25% weighted (will measure intel, knowledge of maps/modes)
    --Winning Percentage Last 10 Games In Current Mode - 50% weighted (effectiveness)
    ---P = Prestige (1 through 10, ignoring Level)
    ---T = Time Spent In-Game (up to 500 hours, anything over 500 will equal 500)
    ---W = Wins In Last 10 Games Of Current Mode
    ---this makes all 3 have a base of 10, which makes the weighting work
    ---ATTEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 ATT
    ---HPEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 HP
    ---CTFEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 CTF
    ---LTSEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 LTS
    ---MFDEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 MFD

-Distribution (must use holding areas)
    --when someone enters a game mode, whether an individual or a block of friends
    --they must be put in a holding area and only added into games if you are adding
    --equal numbers of players with equal experience based on algorithm above onto
    --each side at the same time
    --it is better to wait, knowing you will be entering an even game, rather than
    --getting thrown directly into a game that could be frustratingly lopsided
    --if you don't like waiting, you can always try a different server or mode

-Numbers (must have equal numbers on both sides, must make it a priority)
    --you can totally control ENTRY or game setup as described in Distribution above
    --what you cannot control is people leaving (must allow them to leave)
    --how you deal with this is treating someone leaving as an absolute emergency
    --you drop all Distribution you are currently handling and grab the best fit
    --Experience-wise for that mode to take their place immediately
    --once the emergency has been dealt with, then and only then, can
    --you resume normal Distribution

15. BattleReadyPB

*Gen 9 account, currently Diamond 3
    *Gen 10 account, Platinum 3.

Sir turd... I've seen your lousy gen 1 Diamond account, I'd slaughter yer ass.

16. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

Fuming last night, 2 matches diamond tier 2. 20 something pilot kills each, no deaths, 150 something attrition each, and I lost 2 chips.

What?!!! lol.

Gotta have that diamond, but they make it very hard!

17. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Yes.....exactly...

I know a couple of peeps that I play with who reached gen 10 ....then reset only to never regen again....

18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I would love to see them have 2 things:

1) Unlimited Gen/Level with randomized more difficult challenges to complete, so you could even go up to a Gen 999/Level 50 if you ever played it that long. I'm pretty sure I could be up to at least a Gen 200/Level 50 by now. In order to make sure you did it though, they should almost restrict you from certain things (I don't know what) until you complete your challenges. And once you get to Level 50, it is not your choice, it automatically regens. This way someone's Gen/Level cannot be manipulated.
    2) Have the Rank Chip always on with no option to turn it off, but also have seperate Ranks for each mode. Some people might be a high rank hardpoint player, but a low rank attrition player or vice versa.

Those 2 things would give you a much clearer picture of who you are going up against.

19. ItsJustaGame

ItsJustaGame Generation 2

Sorry about noob questions here. Whats this gen thing about? Is it starting all over to rank up again? Is it normal for the rank chip to get activated in late or in the middle of a match? Do you lose connection to servers a lot? i hate it when that happens, especially when I'm doing pretty good. I don't know if its just me but i swear i have more kills than it shows at the end sometimes. i know it doesn't record kills after the match and the epilogue starts. Also sucks that you lose a battle mark everyday you don't play or something like that.

20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not sure I understand all you are asking, but will try to answer what I think your questions are.

1) The Gen thing means there are 10 possible Generations. Within each Generation, there are also 50 Levels. So you start at Generation 1, Level 1 and as you get experience points your level increase up until the reach Generation 1, Level 50. At that point, if you choose (it is not required), you can Regenerate to Generation 2. If you do that, you will now be Generation 2, Level 1 and will have to work your way back up to Level 50. Starting Level 2, even once you reach Level 50, you can only Regenerate if you also have completed certain specified challenges. Everntually, you can work your way up to Generation 10, Leverl 50. That is the highest you can go in the game. Also, something else to note about Regenerating, is that not only do you start at Level 1 again, but you lose all of the weapons and upgrades you had unlocked.

2) With the Rank Chip, you can choose to either Enable it or Disable it. You Enable or Disable it before a match starts. Once the match starts, you cannot not change it from what it was. Now, if you had it Enabled before the match starts, then yes, it is normal or the chip to get activated late or in the middle of a match. If there are not enough players when the match started, the chip will not be activated. If during the game, other players get added in and it becomes enough, then it will activate the chip.

3) Yeah, I would say probably at least once a day, I will lose a connection to the server.