Rank System

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by BattleReadyPB, Apr 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ItsJustaGame

ItsJustaGame Generation 2

thanks a lot for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No problem, glad if I was able to help.

3. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I hear you; as someone that is new to the game I entered the rank play but as I moved up the "Gen" tree I got frustrated with playing what I thought was a good game only to not move or even loose a "mark". I got so frustrated that I opted out of as system that is so arbitrary and not understandable. I enjoy the "Gen" challenges much more as I can set a goal and know what I have to do to achieve it.
    Like I said I am new to the game so only about to move up to "Gen" 5 - took me a few weeks to realize what it was all about and start to focus on the challenges. Unfortunately sometimes this means I am not helping my team as much as I should be - but I guess that is all part of the game.

4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Whenever/however you score points your helping out the team. A lot of the challenges can be and are obtainable during regular gameplay. Some are more specific like execute 2 titans on Swapland or executions while cloaked... stuff like that. Now that whole rank system thing is too far above my paygrade to myself understand, much less attempt to explain. As long as you're having fun, you're playing it right.

5. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I hear you, I guess it was playing to achieve the Titan kills with the Plasma, Quad or the Charge Rifle, it takes so long and while trying to do that I felt like I should be doing more for my team.

You are correct though I am having fun and don't feel too guilty at all...

Thanks for the response.

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Just a suggestion so you won't feel like your are not helping your team when trying to complete Titan kill challenges. The absolute best place to do that is in Frontier Defense and you will be helping your team while doing it. To be even more specific, in the last wave or 2, focus on the Mortar Titans, because they will pick a spot and then set up shop. You can walk right up to them, pop smoke on them, shoot a cluster missile at their feet and then finish them off with the Primary weapon you are completing a challenge for.