Titanfall Ranking System

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by ShreddedMetal, Dec 31, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShreddedMetal

ShreddedMetal Generation 1

I don't get on the forum very often, but every once in a while something bugs me enough to pull out the ole soapbox.
    I'm going to start this off by saying, very clearly, that I'm not ragging on any players. The system just needs some tweaking.
    I'm a G10 Gold II Playing Attrition.
    I've noticed more and more G1's taking out 15-20 pilots per game. They're either unranked or ranked so low that they destroy the integrity of the ranking system. This morning I had to cycle through about five games before finding one without any "Ringers". These are obviously very good players who have started another identity.
    I'm not a great shot, and at 58, definitely don't have the best reflexes, I work hard just to get to my Gold II rank. When I get in a game with other Gold's and some Diamonds, I gain more marks than I lose, but when I'm in a game with a couple of ringers, then it's sure to cost me a mark.
    I'm not really sure what could be done to balance it out, maybe others can chime in on this.
    A couple of suggestions from here:

Create more levels so people won't be as eager to restart with another character. Maybe another level every 100 pilots killed.

More/better burn cards for higher levels. When you've completed the challenges you don't get many. I'm guessing this is why many players restart.

Show other players rankings beside their levels on the leaderboard, even if they're not playing for rank.

Shred

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hi shred! I don't play ranked but I sure have been whooped by a fair few gen 1's and yes, some with great pilot kill numbers. What format/servers you play?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I hear you - I've been stupidly addicted to the ranking system for about 6 months straight now since back when I finally cracked Gen 10. I like how it keeps me going being something you have to achieve again it's great for motivating you to get stuck into TF over and over again and get results.

I did a post a while back re Rank Chips. It is indeed a weird system. I too have noticed that some Gen 1's are clearly or must be reincarnated Gen 10s.

Not sure how Gen 1's or other Gens fit into it all myself, all I do know is that it's supposed to be about your kill ratios I think, and the lack of deaths you have yourself, who your killing, how fast you're killing and what.....so I believe, not 100% sure. Finally for only the second time so far, cracked Diamond tier 1 again tonight, was pretty stoked, that was up against a mix of Gen 1's, a Gen 4, and the other guys had rank chips enabled so not sure.

I swing in and out of Platinum 4 & 5 over and over again, some nights I can go right back to Platinum 3, 'especially' when up against real good Gen 10's, who are whopping up also. Not sure if that affects it too, other players ripping it up I do remember someone saying here I think that it's also to do with how the whole game is going, so other players can affect your ranking.

It appeared to me, that the faster the pilot kill between kills, the more minions, and definitely titan killing seemed to shoot it up pretty quickly. Taking too long between kills dropped it fast.

Anyway, it's a subject that's doing many pilots heads in. And I've just confused myself, because that's pretty much what rank chips do!!!

Good luck anyway, when you start tickling just at the door of diamond all the time, your really going to get a second wind trying to get it, that Blue Rank is pretty special to see, even if only 1 bar!!!. I know how you feel fighting through rank chips is a different ball game to Gen advancement whereas challenges vs fighting like a mongrel are two completely different things.

Think I'll keep mine for now (just got it tonight finally) and turn it off, then again, when the season ends.....probably going to go down 2 levels anyway...if I feel up to it tomorrow night I will risk trying to get to Diamond tier 2.

Hope to see you around the maps mate. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Edit: I'm now trying ranked, and you've summed it up perfectly "fighting like a mongrel"! At the end of some matches I've been desperately been trying to get just that one battlemark so I don't slip back down.... Nearly there....not the end of match already!!!!...Nooooooo!!!!!!!

5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

i had never really thought about the affect of all the Gen 1's on the Rank play. @ShreddedMetal is correct. The rank system does take into account the rank level of who you play with, so why not the Gen level too? This might explain why I actually do better when playing with the higher ranked players. We all have had that game with 100 attrition points and no kills and did not rank up. WTF?!?!? But I use the rank system almost all the time just for the heck of it and as a little carrot. But I do not get depressed when I fail to progress. I get depressed when I go into a hand to hand kick and shoot close quarters contest and loose. I hate it when I jump out of my Titan to kill a pilot who is rodeo-ing me and he is already hidden and kills me. I hate getting goosed. I hate all of those somewhat random and inevitable deaths. In fact I just hate loosing ever at anything Titanfall. But I would rather that than being so awesome I get bored with it.

• Like Like x 1