Reconnecting to server mid-game?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Uwilltap3010, Mar 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Uwilltap3010

Uwilltap3010 Generation 1

I haven't found much on this.

I am playing on PC and cannot complete one game. It freezes with a gray screen every few seconds with "reconnecting to server" (something along them lines) then usually disconnects me and says I lost connection.

My connection is fine with everything else. I can play Battlefield no problem and stream HD on my television.

Any solutions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trond M. Solberg

Trond M. Solberg Generation 1

I have the exact same problem.
    Every round I have played today has been like this. Earlier I had no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

Same 'ere mate.

4. Poszu

Poszu Generation 1

I am having the same issue - lags and "reconnecting screen" all the time. Looks like next paid beta from EA. o_O

5. warrior6

warrior6 Generation 1

constantly getting this and i just got this game. even the training was doing this.

6. Deathsbanker

Deathsbanker Generation 1

Log in with 30 ping, wait the 90secs to load a game, drop in and 400ping?! WTF! I paid good money for this game and can't play it due to reconnecting problems. Play BF4 and other games perfectly with 30 ping... Any ideas?

7. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

I'm pretty positive it's server side. LOTS of people seem to have this issue currently.

8. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Try switching Data Centers back and forth in-game and/or turning down your graphics settings.

9. Baelydon

Baelydon Generation 1

I've had similar issues. I start the game and show 50ms latency to the nearest data center, start a game and latency had increased by 10-15ms. By the end of that round my latency had apparently continued to increase, sometimes in excess of 100ms, but usually around 25-35ms total. For me the issue started Saturday night.

Usually once my latency climbs high enough to cause issues, I'll exit the game, restart the game, and voila.... latency is back down only for it to do it all over again, each round or over several minutes, my latency has climbed steadily.

Doing ping/speed tests to random various servers via speedtest.net I have yet to see any results to U.S. servers where my latency was higher than say 55ms. New York, Chicago, Dallas, Louisville, San Francisco... all under 50ms. According to the game however, US East is 65+, US North Central 85+, South Central 100+, and forget anything on the West coast or overseas!

I've tested with ports opened on the router, I've enabled netbios over tcpip, nothing mattered. I'm connected to the modem+router combined (Time Warner's) via wired that isn't even 3 feet long, 30+ down, 5+ up, also.... 30ms latency average to most BF4 servers I play on from everywhere between the Mississippi to the East coast.

10. MysteriousScaRe

MysteriousScaRe Generation 2

Have this issue since today. Never had it before then -.-

11. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

How would graphics settings effect connection issues? He's talkin' about connection not FPS.

12. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

From what Respawn put out, machines which would take too long to load graphics would time out from connecting to servers.

13. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

Well that's just odd.

14. sarcasm83

sarcasm83 Generation 1

Having this happen too. Just bought it and started playing and it's been doing that in every game.

Weird, as I didn't get any problems like that in the beta, on this same exact connection and PC.
    (Wired connection)

15. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

Its obviously server side.

16. Replic TuaniOne

Replic TuaniOne Generation 2

Hi, Just bought the game today and having the same problem, is there a solution yet?

- I changed the screen settings ( just to look if that indeed would help )... It did not.
    - Opened ports... Didn't work either

*Specs*
    50mbit internet connection ( 5mb Download 0.7mb upload )
    AMD FX8150 eight-core 4.8 ghz ( overclocked )
    8 GB Ram ( 1633 ghz ? )
    AMD Sapphire HD6870 ( 1 GB )
    SSD ( 120 GB )
    Running on WIndows 8.1

Just posting everything in case you think it could be my pc