Resetting Achievements Problem?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by BigDaddyHotGue, Nov 8, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I've got a rather curious problem with TF on XB1 at the moment: During any given session of matches, I might unlocked a number of daily or other challenges. If I shut down the game and restart later, all my achievements revert back to not completed. The dailies, and all others including the Ranked Play chips are all reset as if I never previously played.

Before I spend hours with EA/Microsoft "Help Desks", I wonder if anybody else here has heard of this issue or maybe experiencing the same?? :confused:

Thanks!

2. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

So I have spent the hours with EA Help and also Microsoft Live help too. Both tell me that I need to have an EA/Origin account linked to my XBox One gamer tag to properly save progress. I doubt that advice seriously because I have almost 600 hours of play time racked up and this problem is new. Even though I'm a Gen 10/50 Pilot and up to Diamond level 2 in the new Rank Chip play - and I've saved all that progress previously without a problem... I've gone ahead and created an Origin account and linked it to my XBox One G-T.

I've been watching and monitoring my progress saves and having an Origin account has made zero difference. I've seen several other posts about progress not saving from other players too. At least it's not just me! No real confirmed fixes yet. Guess we'll all just have to wait.

3. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Interestingly... there seems to be more and more XB1 players coming forward with this problem... here's a REDDIT post today calling out the same thing we've been posting here... : http://www.reddit.com/tb/2nxfka

A really frustrating problem but at least with more people complaining... maybe we'll get some attention now!!

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#4 Sgt_rawk, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    I came across this issue myself not sure if it is the same but I will share anyway. If you disconnect without backing out to the main screen then nothing that you achieved in that session (session being all of the games you played in that lobby, all of them) will count. I first noticed this when I was grinding for the watch out below challenge, I had actually completed the challenge and was awarded, came back to the game and my stats had returned to the previous numbers. So any disconnection, whether it be a problem with the servers or a disconnection on your end then those achievements will be lost. So now when I leave a game I back out of the lobby and often return to the main screen before turning off the xbox, I haven't had this issue since. Hope this helps guys.

5. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Thanks @Sgt_rawk. I'm still testing this myself. Not sure yet. I did also notice that somebody on REDDIT suggested that your progress isn't truly saved unless/until you change servers. An interesting hypothesis but I'm not sure accurate. I'm going to try both tonight just to see what I can see. I do know that I don't ever just shut off the game without backing out to at least the "Private Lobby" if not all the way to the title screen. I'll try and pay attention better tonight and will post here after. Thanks mate!

6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, he's right, that's what I mean't by "session", if you don't back out (and therefore change servers) your progress isn't saved. I'm not sure why this is, I can only assume it's to discourage the old fashioned "dashboard". Let me know if that's the problem though. Thanks :)

7. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Okay... I've finally tested this for a fair bit and can confirm... Backing out to the title screen does seem to solve this little problem. But I gotta say... Seems a bit of a silly and rather special way to save progress. So... If I've done really awful in a session... Lost heaps of rank chips (battle marks)... All I need to do is quit the game by shutting off while not at the title screen... And I'd be reset back to my prior ranking and lost nothing... That just doesn't seem fair...! Similarly... If I've done awesome and made tons of progress... And the game crashes... As it is known to do kinda frequently... I'm going to lose all that good progress...?!? That still doesn't seem fair...!

8. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah. It works both ways which is nice however it would be nicer if it didn't happen at all.

10. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

This is probably a sync issue. All game data are saved on the local XB1 and is synced with the servers on a timely manner. Even if the game crashes in between, the progress would still be saved locally and synced later. The reason why this is happening to you or a specific bunch of players is probably due to ISP/DNS issue. In other words, your ISP is not able to communicate with the Titanfall sync servers. The only possible way to verify this would be to monitor your network traffic and see if anything specific to Titanfall is failing. This is one possibility. Another one could be your XB1's cached game data is being wiped before its synced every time its turned off or at some point without you knowing. Other than these 2 possibilities I don't see anything else causing this problem.

11. ACCtionMan

ACCtionMan Generation 2

I've lost progress a number of times in the past but had no idea why. Very frustrating when you're still trying to get the IMC elite pilot achievement and you lose the win for a map you've been trying hours to win as IMC and not Militia.

At least I know this is probably causing it. My xbox one is sometimes in instant on and sometimes on energy saving (like tonight). I've probably list tonight's 3hrs worth of stats as I think I only went back to the menu that appears after you select your data centre before shutting down.