Respawn confirms Titanfall digital download, doesn't mention pre-load

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

It's great to see Respawn confirm that Titanfall is available for digital download (which we've already known), but there's still no mention about pre-loading. Really makes me think the Xbox comment on no pre-loading is correct.

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Pre-loading really needs to be a thing. We're in 2014 now. If pre-loading and digital downloads isn't a standard, then Microsoft is crazy for not doing it.

3. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I want a digital copy (discs can eat it) but that metal case is so tempting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZaCryOne

ZaCryOne Generation 3

I was hoping they release a disc version because it's easy for me to buy them but then I remembered, it is a multiplayer-only game.

5. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

LOLWUT? It will be available on disc... this just confirms that it will ALSO be available on day one as a digital download. I digress...
    I for one am looking at my calendar. You know what I see? A game that releases at midnight on a Tuesday.

That means I have work, and no I am not planning to take a day off from my job just to play it. I may put in to work from home that day, but I'm not missing work for it.

With that said, I'll be buying the digital download copy. I have FiOS where I live, and honestly I have enough faith in Microsoft and their cloud servers that I would likely bet money that there'd be no down time regardless of the massive influx of players. Remember when Xbox One launched? Yea, there was NO downtime... Xbox Live stayed strong. So I'll be sleeping as my game downloads... then likely when I wake up, it'll be finished. Not a big deal, considering I technically have work that day anyways.

- TYPØ

6. ZaCryOne

ZaCryOne Generation 3

Oh really hahaha thanks for the info :D I thought they just gonna put it into Xbox Live while for PC in disc.

7. Viking

Viking Generation 3

i got my titanfall paid off as of yesterday, the clerk at gamestop told me they wont be doing a Midnight release even if they have enough numbers for it , that Gamestop in my area did not budget it into the Midnight releases ,and she knew nothing about the headset or the beta

8. Lambent Lucky

Lambent Lucky Generation 2

I think not being able to pre-load the game is more on MS and not Respawn. The Xbox team has not rolled that feature out yet but it is coming soon!

9. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Since I bought Ghosts as a digital download, there is no going back for me.
    Nice not to have to get up and change discs and I don't trade in my games anyway.
    Also, if you get into a party with a different game, it just automatically loads and switches you over to that game.
    No muss, no fuss. Would be nice to preload but I am in no hurry...

• Like Like x 4
  10. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

My thoughts exactly. I personally don't like going to Gamestop, ever. Unless there's a tournament to win. :D

Someone tried to argue with me the other day that "buying a game digitally is LESS convenient than buying it on a disc".

Hold on a second!?

How is having to drive somewhere, stand in line in the cold until midnight, then scurry back to my home on possibly unsafe roads, MORE convenient than sitting in my desk chair, clicking a "Buy!" button, and enjoying hot chocolate while staying safe in my apartment watching Archer? It's not. Also, not having to switch discs is nice, party switching on the fly is awesome, and it takes up just as much space as having to install the game off a disc anyways. The only argument would be that it could possibly take more time due to a persons internet connection... but to argue convenience? Haha, no way.

- TYPØ

• Like Like x 1
  11. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Great minds, think alike

• Like Like x 1