Respawn Doing Themselves A Great Disservice

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Jul 4, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm not entirely sure why this makes you angry? I mean, does the PC version not come with the game? If you claim to be in a position to shell out more money, buy the special edition console game and the vanilla PC version so you can get all the toys?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well for sure he's passionate about the game:confused:...very passionate. Even more so than myself.:eek: @Trini Chinese posted a like that looks promising so maybe all will again be right in the world.;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thank for your understanding Trini. You're a nice guy. I won't buy an XBOX version. I don't have a game system and don't want one. The controllers make my hands too tired too fast and there are too many buttons for me on them. It just makes me furious, because they are already manufacturing the extra goodies. Why not just include them in a Vanguard edition for the PC as well? it's going to make them more money. It just doesn't make sense not to.

4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i would get it still doe , you can always sell the game , just pre order it on amazon at lease you will have a collector edition locked in and remember you don't get charged until time to ship , on money down so what you got to lose , if you live in the states you could always sell it back i a gamestop or even ebay even back on amazon as you are getting a physical copy and get it the pc copy , yes it will cost you a bit more but it could be worth it that helmet won't be around all the time . at lease lock in an order you could always cancle if you change your mind it will give you time to think about it at lease, or find a buyer where you live .

5. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Was just trying to find the sales figures for each format (can't),

im wondering if the majority of pc sales were downloads. Wether by deals or funding yourself, looking at physical sales trends for your previous game may influence you shelling out to making more items for a physical version that may not sell in large numbers on that particular format.....just a thought.

6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's a fair shout. Marketing would have a reason for this @ensc. It's pants if you are keen to get the special edition of your choice, but if there's money to be made or not, they'd choose that course accordingly :(

7. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

The majority of all PC sales are downloads. Why do you think when you go into a Gamestop the PC section is almost nonexistent. Vince Zampella mentioned on Twitter not too long ago that he was looking into why there is no PC version. In that sense I sympathize with you because even though I'm on consoles, I hate being forced to buy physical copies of games. I prefer digital. The best solution would be to sell the collectibles on their own or with digital codes as an option.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very good points and thoughtful comments Trini, ThirdGuyver and Laddie. Very good point Trini about getting a system version and just selling the game. Very good point Third about most PC sales being downloads. That is actually the best argument I've heard that truly makes sense to me. Very good point Laddie that the best solution would be to sell the collectibles on their own. Thank you all for your input.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hey, just noticed this..

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/titanfal...View&categoryIdentifier=1102602&top_category=

10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hmmm...Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm just adding to one of my own posts, because the more I think about this, the more irritating it is that this wasn't done yesterday. One of the most frustrating things about playing the current version of Titanfall now is with the user base so low and no shiny objects to draw in any new players, you end up with cheaters, clans of veterans or both. My favorite types of games to play in that are most relaxing and enjoyable is when it's me and 5 noobs against another veteran and 5 noobs. You just can't find games like that anymore and it sucks. The reason why thinking about this whole PS4 thing is like opening this scab even further is because with the PS4, that is where the most fresh meat is going to be, so none of us that play the PC or XBOX are going to have any of that fresh meat in our pool of players. Only the PS4 players who probably played the first Titanfall on the PC are going to get to enjoy all that fresh meat. That is infuriating.

12. Trini Chinese

maybe and maybe not . only time will tell , the game will have it's player base along with new but only time will tell as i have seen players that are on the ps4 and have ordered the game on pc. there is no point in being mad or infuriated just because a few game modes you or anyone like to play may not be as popular but then again it can , in the end the game still have to impress the masses and the player drop was not because of consoles but rather a content issue , this is hopefully to be fixed with the campaign and so on .question if Respawn had launch the first game on all systems do you think it would have made much difference in the player count dropping . it's was lack or content that did this .

13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I appreciate and respect your opinions Trini, but I have to disagree on the reason for the player count dropping. In my opinion, the main reason for the player count dropping was the non-existent matchmaking. Imagine you just bought the game and now every game you try to get in there is a clan of Gen 10 veterans on the other side. You can't take 10 steps after respawning without being killed again. Who in the hell would want to stay? Thanks for that Respawn. Way to drive people away before they can even get started. That is why if they haven't fixed the matchmaking and the policing of cheaters, they can take any new bells and whistles and shove them 10 miles up their butts, because a year into the game, when the newness has worn off, all that will matter is the user base, and if they haven't taken care of those 2 things, there will be no user base left after a year. So at that point, who the hell cares if there is a grappling hook or 6 titans?

Plus, your point about the Campaign attracting more players doesn't help either, because if they are there to play the Single Player Campaign, guess what? That means they are not adding to the Multi Player pool.

14. Trini Chinese

Agreed, there are many reasons that caused the player drop as lack of content is just one of them along with the ones you pointed out as for the campaign , this will only keep players off the multiplayer just for a short time , but take into account how many players did not get the first game because of that reason and just that reason could affect the player count in any game. a simple thing like balancing a lobby or server issue could turn any gamer off. so with that said adding the future is a plus hence it will bring more players to the game. at times it's the little things that count that make it a complete experience . a multiplayer game only with lack of content will and have never worked. variety within reason is a very tricky thing and no game company seem to have all the answers , they get close but at times fall just a bit short.
    as for titanfall 1 and part 2 they are doing things that i see that is similar but still different and to find a balance in that is easy said than done .
    as for what you pointed out with the clan and elite players are matched up with new players , hopefully the network feature that they are working on will help with this . that and it's also one of the main reasons i like AI / BOTS in the game this also in a small way helps to balance the game as a new player to have a chance to live and fight .
    if it had not been for that bot that got in your way and distracted you long enough for him or her to survive and get a kill that player could as easily gave up being dominated by you but at lease they played as it ,makes for a balanced and less frustrating experience as you have put it they can now walk 10 steps and more and even get a wall run in with a kill or 2 .
    i wont worry to much about it i have a feeling that it will all work out when the game comes out. i am happy for that at lease , it's only a month away give or take .
    ensc hopefully you may be the one to come up with a better voip or cross server game play to bridge that gap am looking at you Sir and others alike to help push this to become a reality cross-platform gaming .
    the great thing ensc about having a good and productive debate and bigger demographic , brings more to the table and innovation , that and you really don't know who is reading or listening to the different views. any one of us on this forum could be someone that is working on the game as we speak and are taking notes.

15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As always, very thoughtful comments Trini. I may come back and comment more, but I did want to put my 2 cents in about the Network feature you mentioned. Again, I think many see that as a positive, but unless I'm misunderstanding it, I see it as just one more thing that is going to remove players from the general pool user base. From what I understand, a Network is basically going to be a group of Friends or at least people you trust to play against to avoid other clans or cheaters. Please, just think about what that is going to do to the general pool for people who don't want to play on a network like that. Let's say all you end up with is 100 networks and they each have maybe 30 players in them rotating out from time to time depending on who is online at the time. Most likely, they will only ever want to play inside those networks. So what have you done? You've just removed 3000 players from the general pool. That is just stupid. I prefer playing in the general poplulation. The solution is not networking and segregating the population, The solution is not being lazy and using the matchmaking algorithm I had already laid out for them well over a year ago. I'm a computer programmer. It is not hard to make a good matchmaking algorithm. You just have to have the desire to do it. To me, the Network feature is something they are putting out as a shiny object to prevent them from having to fix the source of the problem. So, to me, if they have not adequately addressed the matchmaking algorithm, in about a year, the general population user base is going to be worse than it was in the first Titanfall, because now they have done 2 tings to suck users out of the general popluation: 1) Some that played on PC for the first one are now going to move to the PS4 user pool. 2) Some that played in general population are now going to be segregated into networks and to be truthful, I believe my 3000 number is extremely conservative. I think this Network things is going so suck way more users out of general population. I love this game and I'm looking for the long haul. I want this thing to be as fun 1 or 2 years after release and that all depends on the matchmaking algorithm and size of the general pool user base, so if Networks is a shiny object, as I believe it is, to avoid fixing the matchmaking algorithm, then, as I said, TF2 will be much worse 1 year in than the first one. And you might say, well just play in a Network then. I don't want to. Playing in the same group day in and day out is so damn boring, especially if you want to play the game a lot for 2 years or more. I actually bailed on playing with a lot of my friends after about the first 6 months, because all they wanted to do is sit there in blocks of Gen 10s bullying new players, driving them away, and then sitting in an empty lobby for 10 or 20 minutes waiting for a game. How stupid is that? Where is the fun in that? Where is the challenge in that? No thanks. If they truly fixed the matchmaking system the way I think they should, it would discourage that. If they want to sit there as a block of Gen 10s fine, but then they should never ever be put into a game until there is an equal number of Gen 10s on the other side. it's not stopping them from playing. They can always split up. They can always try a different mode, They can always try a different server. But if they want to sit in a block like that, they shouldn't be given access until the other side is equal.

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Bit of a tangent from op, but in a similar vein, I see that DICE are releasing a special edition for Battlefield 1.... that contains NO physical copy of the game!

At first I thought they were off their heads on meth, then it dawned on me - perfect for those (like myself) that have completely embraced digital downloads but want the books/posters/figures/towels/tampons that come with these specials. Clever!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. DusK

DusK Generation 2

This right here is what I wish they'd do with TF2.

18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Agreed!

19. Trini Chinese

upload_2016-9-8_7-28-7.png upload_2016-9-8_7-29-14.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Trini! You're the man!