Respawn Doing Themselves A Great Disservice

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Jul 4, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#41 ensc, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    OK, I hate to sound ungrateful about this, but they just can't let it be equal. It's like they just want the PC to be the red headed stepchild even if in a smaller way. I'm very happy that you can now Preorder the Vanguard edition on Amazon. However, now I feel like I still need to do some kind of trickery to get what I really want. Like I have to go through the trouble of finding a friend (who only wants the Standard edition) to make a deal with and then going through all that hassle when I shouldn't have to. I wanted to get the Deluxe edition. So now, they've included the Vanguard edition for the PC on Amazon, but it only comes with the Standard edition, where the PS4 and XBOX Vanguard editions come with the Deluxe edition. What the hell? Why does this have to be so difficult? They should just all be the same.

This actually brings up another question. If they are willing to sell a Vanguard edition with the Deluxe edition (PS4 and XBOX), and willing to sell a Vanguard edition with the Standard edition (PC), then why not just let the person ordering the Vanguard edtion (no matter what system), choose whether they want the Standard or Deluxe edition of the game when ordering? I'm sure it would boost the sales of the Vanguard edition on the PS4 and XBOX, because more people might be willing to get it if it was only $229 instead of $249, because maybe they don't care about the customizations, which is basically all the Deluxe edition is.

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

D'yaeverthink that maybe its amazon and the devs are not intentionally trying to peev you off?

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

You think you got it bad, in Australia Vangaurd is $429, no that's not a typo, its that much. The legacy pro edition of call of duty is $159, I need to spend that much just to get MWR. We Aussies pay hard for not having had a recession in 2008. o_O

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I don't know Bruvas. Maybe it is Amazon. Whoever it is, it just makes no sense. Just provide the same editions and same options to the PS4, XBOX and PC and we're cool. There is no legitimate reason they should be different. And yes, it is a chunk of coin, but I don't mind paying it for the helmet not the game. Ever since I saw that helmet, I just have to have it. I want it sitting above my monitor at work, so while I'm working, it is a constant reminder of what I'm working for, so I can get home and play more Titanfall, because it is my favorite video game of all time and I have probably spent more time with it than anything else over the last 2-1/2 years with the exception of sleep and work.

Wow! I didn't realize things were so expensive in Australia. I feel bad for you. That is rediculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Just wait until a couple of weeks before release. I'm sure you'll be catered for! (I hope after typing this :confused:)

7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Saw this on Titanfall REDDIT

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/titanfall-2-series-2-collectors-edition/5424200.p?skuId=5424200&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5424200&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!97177350759!g!M!85215724479&kpid=5424200&k_clickid=223b1a32-9acf-4c89-b51a-c9963a116377&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=223b1a32-9acf-4c89-b51a-c9963a116377&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg126632&ksdevice=m&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3ZS-BRD1xu3qw8uS2s4BEiQA2bcfM1zkLW5BJDAcf48C2j2Ads4wg5Zt3pFDuUfdvohC0CcaAlom8P8HAQ

• Like Like x 2
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That is perfect rainman! Thanks!!!

9. Destruction1972

Destruction1972 Generation 1

best thing us pc players can do is not spend our money on this game. It is sad because last gaemI bought the statue had season pass and everything. But Respawn continues to disrespect the pc community. This game was made for console and thats fine but thats also sad because pc has alot better graphics and would allow this game to play and feel alot better. Instead they dumb it down to a console game. Maybe its because they do not have to put as much work in to make it look as good.

I am sure this game will be better then COD. But it has yet to show me anything making it a better buy the BF1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I feel your pain brother. I really do. I agree with a lot of what you say. I love the first game so much though, I have to get the second one and at least give it a try. And the helmet... I had to have it as soon as I saw it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Over dramatic. They are not disrespecting PC players. They said themselves that they hadn't finished the optimisation for PC. Imagine the outcry if they did release the beta and it was a complete clusterf**k?

I'll tell you something else too, and I don't give a single toss about the reaction - I love the fact that no one has had the chance to data mine this game. With battlefield 1 there have been reports on every weapon, map and game mode.

Even if I solely gamed on PC (I have a PC and Xbone) I would happily go without a beta to ensure some idiot didn't ruin the surprise and excitement of a game by trolling through the code to reveal all its secrets before I had a chance to play it.

Don't buy the game if you don't want. I don't really care. I've bought thousands of games in my life without playing a beta - never got my knickers in a twist over it though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hear, feckin hear! Multiple likes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Destruction1972

Destruction1972 Generation 1

You bring up some good points for sure.

1. as far as beta for pc and optimization goes if they are releasing a beta for the other consoles and not pc and saying that is the reason why should have you VERY VERY worried. If they are still trying to optimize the graphics this close to release shows they have had some issues (but then again all games have issues). Just TO ME, seems very strange how this was handled.

2. Are you referring to those nut jobs who hack games? If so I SOOOOOO agree with you on that, BUT, you do realize companies like AA wether there are betas or not will have working hacks for the game within 12 hours of release? They have done it for EVERY single decent game for the last 10 years and that's a fact. So not having a beta for them has 0 impact.

3. I cancelled my preorder last night and switched it to BF1.. HOWEVER!!!! I really enjoyed TF1 so I will def keep my eyes on this game and the forums after this game is released to see how it does. I hope it is as great as the 1st one was.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I can actually see both sides here.

I agree with Bruvas that it makes sense not to release a beta for the PC to avoid it being mined for data. And Destruction, I believe Bruvas wasn't so much worried about hackers/cheaters, but wants to see and learn everything about the game fresh and new while he is playing it. Kind of like I never get why some people want to look at spoiler websites about movies or TV shows before watching. It takes away all of the enjoyment of being surprised in the moment. Also, Bruvas, I always love your laid back style buddy. You have made me laugh at myself at times. :) I am also not a fan of over dramatization as well, which is why I had such a hard time starting to watch what is my favorite show now, "Game of Thrones". I could not stand Peter Dinklage, because he is always over dramatic and it sickens me. Now that I've watched it though, his role in "Game of Thrones" actually works, but still, every time I see him in something else I cringe.

I do respect it Destruction that you are putting your money where your mouth is and cancelling your preorder if you do really have concerns about it. Also, that you are taking a wait and see approach and not completely dismissing it. Plus I have to respect the fact that you loved the first game. Also, since I am the one who started this post, and I have personally felt a lot of the same pain that Destruction is expressing, I would be a hypocrite to not agree with a lot of what he is saying. From a strictly PC player's perspective, it has felt that a lot of of the Titanfall 2 decisions have favored consoles and that the PC was just a red headed stepchild they were allowing to come along for the ride. (no Vanguard edition until pressured, no beta test, etc.)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

hacks within 12 hrs are fine. I don't want to know the heart and soul of a game 12 weeks before release though.
    Also with the PC optimisation, please keep in mind they have to cater for AMD, intel and the different powers of each, then the nVidia line upS as well as all the competitors. I don't believe they do not have a cracking version of the game running on a good i7 with a 1080 installed, but what about the i5 with an older 970?

Do not fear, I have keen foresight, and I see that all is well. Have some faith brother!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks again rainman!!! I went ahead and actually used your link to preorder this at Best Buy and used the free shipping, because I don't really care so much when I get these goodies. Then, I went to Amazon and preordered the Standard edition of the game for PC download, because I want to have that as soon as it is available.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad to be of assistance sir.

• Like Like x 2