Respawn Owns This

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Jan 15, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is your perspective and your opinion. I don't think Titanfall is ruined and I (for the most part) love Titanfall 2, so please don't speak for everyone.

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I hear you dude. In having an opinion I'm not marginalising others opinions.

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Yes, i know it's just a game and it's just feedback we are offerng!

games are very important to me, y

This is your perspective and your opinion that Titanfall is not ruined, so please don't speak for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

am not upset , am just ask you a question , that's all. what is the larger scheme of thing mate just curious on your view , as am enjoying the forum and reading and chatting as i go.
    so am curious. i know it's not a big deal but it may be for others , so what point did i prove to you. is it because i replied to your comment . did you not wanted me to ask a question. ;)

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Notice how I said it was MY opinion that the game wasn't ruined though? Not a statement of fact as I know others believe differently.

6. Trini Chinese

and you know this how exactly ? do you speak for them ? or is your opinion that they believe differently ? .

7. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I know others believe differently because he just said it.... :confused:

8. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

you said you talk to the developers?
    good! , then go tell them to read this forum, to read our feedback, to add new maps, new titans, depth, enhancements to the leveling up process, titans and maps from TF1

new pilots
    new weapons

no more idiotic generic FPS garbage please

go tell them

tell the world what happened :(

• Like Like x 3
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well said Derrame.

Yes, thank you Trini.

I know some people may think it is sad, but other than sleep and work I have spent more time with TF1 than anything else in my entire life in the last 2 years and 9 months . Some people have kids. I have Titanfall, so when Respawn messes with it or doesn't take care of it, it really bothers me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have voiced my suggestions and others to them. The difference is I thoroughly enjoy the game as-is so anything additional content is icing on the cake for me, even if it's not my cup of tea.

11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

So this video is pretty much what I have felt all along I think I even commented to these same points. Respawn was a start up company with limited resources and they focused all there resources to the online multiplayer in Tf1 . In Tf2 still being a start up company with limited resources (its not like Tf1 was a smashing success money wise) they actually did put in a single player campaign mode . Clearly their resources were split between both modes campaign and multiplayer. None of the complaints on here ever point this out , just complaints that the first game had more maps and more content and better feel to it without stating that it had no campaign mode like a normal game would have. And I remember how many complaints there were about Tf1 not having a campaign mode , now they put a campaign in sacrificing a bit of the multiplayer to fully maximize their vision and even more people are complaining.

Secondly , even the interviewer pointed out similarities to COD from the way the game controls and feels. And this is Tf1 lmao. People on here bashing Tf2 because it feels like cod have been completely contradicted by this video. It seems like Tf1 also felt like cod to a certain extent as well.

Thirdly, Vince says in the video he clearly is very proud of COD and that they also have to stick to the core concepts that they are good at and comfortable with. This is why to me it's a no brainer to combine titanfall with cod concepts both together because these are the creaters of both franchises and they love both games.

I would like to know the development costs for Tf1 , Tf2 compared to games like COD and battlefield. Does anyone know these numbers ?

And trust me I want more maps more titans more weapons more attachments more customization in future updates , I'm not gonna stay here and be a fanboy and be in denial. I want all these feautures as well. But i actually think it's a 100% certainty Respawn is going to give Tf2 all this new content. It amazes me people are saying they quit and are done with Tf2 because they are upset with lack of content. I mean guys you REALLY believe we are not gonna get more maps and titans ? Lol. The only way it's not going to happen if economics is truly a problem. I mean if EA cut them off because of poor sales and no money how exactly is Respawn supposed to deliver what we want if they are being squeezed with very little resources ? I read a quote from EA back in August of 2016 they expected Tf2 to sell 10 million copies , and exactly how much has this game actually sold ? Does anyone know ? Im thinking the sales must be pretty poor but I'm hoping they have been doing better the last month or so. But we don't know what impact this had had on the future plans for Tf2 . But the community abandoning Tf2 will probably almost guarantee no big support for future Tf2 updates and forget about even getting a tf3.

12. Trini Chinese

you are correct , and to your points that you have stated before are true and on point . it is a no brainier for certain things they did. the used what feels familiar and made something a bit new for what it was at the time . and this was a concept in all aspects of the game not just the multiplayer , they combined a story mode combined with multiplayer. and i support this concept it could be refined , it was not perfect in the first game but it has potential as a new concept. story telling mixed in with multiplayer.

agreed there was a lack that part one should have had a campaign mode and we got that in part 2 and this is great as many wanted to know about the lure of the game , which is what a campaign tends to do pretty much set you up to play the multiplayer

IMO the way they had the story mode in part 1 could have been implemented in the current game , being that it has factions now sets up a whole new way to continue a story or even a back story to the main story and depending on the out come of the match the story changes for that person perspective. i really like this concept it would be like playing a living story/ comic book and you the gamer can turn the tide of the story.
    think mass effect and how actions change the path of the story a bit depending on the player actions.

titanfall 1 has a pilot vs pilot mode and granted to me i like having more modes to play with in reason to keep things a bit different. an this is all good , you stated above about how as a gamer you were not sure what to expect when playing with titans and this is a factor that respawn took into consideration in the game in part 1 as having the AI in the game and the titans and pilots were balanced to fight each other with so many different things to bring the multiplayer together the game was fun for all to pick up and play and be a BAD ASS lol and they had a sweet formula on there hands hence the uproar on many changes . it worked the concept worked . granted it need a bit of tweaking but it worked for what it was at the time .

i my self like when dev's take different ideas from games in the past and current and make it there own with there take on it with out going too crazy. to take there inspiration from movies history and story's books and so on is a great thing .

i would like titanfall to set the bar for other dev's and i would buy another game that has the same controls feeling and titan concept in it with different story and what have you am down with that .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've said from the very beginning and even multiple times on this forum, Titanfall (yes even Titanfall 1) plays very closely and similar to CoD imo and that's to be expected when basically the entire team that made CoD4 and MW2 worked on Titanfall.

Titanfall 2 doesn't play any closer or further away from CoD as Titanfall 1 did. In fact, they added even more Titans and Titan weapons.. sure you can't customize them and it's basically a hero setup but when you look at it objectively you have more options as a Titan in this game than Titanfall 1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I wasn't even aware Tf1 had any semblance of a story because I never even played it. But I was slightly aware of the complaints about the game having a lack of campaign mode . I also support the differences you and EN have pointed out between both games and I am on your side as far as the visual look of the game and almost cinematic feel that Tf1 had with the commander talking to you and how engaged you felt. So far it seems Tf2 has a lighter feel to it visually the way the maps look and certain changes like pulling the titans battery although very fun it doesn't have that almost rated R look of Tf1 when you fired your weapon into the titans head. That visually looked epic

15. Trini Chinese

yeh it do feel like that , it has a lighter feel to it , the warzone ambiance is not the same when compared , the simple chatter in game all the while playing gave me a feeling of much more going on all around me . simple sounds and booms and seeing the AI pulling there friends out of danger and taking enemy AI prisoner , and even when a pilot/player runs in the room the AI would have chatter , hey we have a pilot and a boost of moral is given.
    picture that along with chatter from home base from the in game AI commander with mission updates on objectives lost and won , fictional info of data in game with the constant action of AI on both sides fighting with human players as pilots all shooting and fighting to gain the objective.

even the Titans made a sound when they got a critical hit like they were in pain all the while fighting and reacting to the blows and hail off bullets and rockets , replying in kind as the enemy would react in the same manner when shot at.
    so far that sound of pain a titan makes in part 1 i have only recently notice this was missing as currently in part 2 you titan when taking a hard hit makes no sound . even the custom voice part 1 had for titans was a simple thing that added to the game ambiance

16. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well this is EXACTLY why I wanted titanfall. Becsuse I remembered how great Mw2 was from the shooter aspect of the gameplay , hit detection , responsiveness , line of site , smooth ADSing and how amazing it felt when you got killstreaks. The game just felt FUN and EXCITING. Call of duty since then has been a much POORER version of the great team that first created the franchise. So I specifically wanted titanfall once I learned respawn was basically the original infinity ward that created such a masterpiece. The titans in my mind were SECONDARY to the reason I actually wanted titanfall 2. I wanted it for the smooth gameplay and great gun play and advanced mechanics. Having the TITANS have just proved to be a huge BONUS from my perspective because I had no idea how fun they were to use. But I LOVE the cod aspect to this game because as a player you don't feel limited whatsoever , the guns , the speed , the responsiveness , the FUN is all there in this game. I truly think the game is brilliant. I find it hard to believe Tf1 played THAT much different than Tf2 , I'm sure gameplay wise there is a lot of similarities.

I think EA needs to back respawn here and have them really deliver a conclusive great update for this game. Get it back on track , fix the lag , put in new maps , gives us more weapons and a few more titans BUT BALANCE them. I don't wanna see crap just thrown in there and they say here we gave you guys more content. New titans and weapons and maps and attachments have to be balanced correctly just like a fighting game (street fighter ). But then I feel this game will be twice as good as it is now. And maybe all these YouTube "experts" and twitch Bozos will actually PLAY titanfall 2 and then all these call of duty brain washed clowns will go and buy titanfall 2 because their online heroes are playing it. Again I'm not trying to turn titanfall 2 into call of duty but this game needs to make a BIG comeback here , and it has to get the exposure from the online crowd first.

That's why this new mode Live Fire I think could get the competive aspect going with this game , and you will see twitch players and youtubers play this mode with tournaments and give them a reason to keep playing. This mode could perhaps be great for the future of this franchise. Again this game needs exposure and coverage from the social media communities that stream the games they play and have thousands of fans watch them play. If they are only playing call of crap then titanfall will always be getting overshadowed. Live Fire could entice these guys to play a competive awesome mode and in return Give great exposure to the game

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trini Chinese

18. Trini Chinese

19. Trini Chinese

20. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Titanfall 2 plays very similar to Titanfall 1. The only pretty obvious change is Titans don't last as long in Titanfall 2 and that's because of the regenerating shields and AI in pretty much all game modes.

Other than that, very similar.