Respawn removing CTF and Pilot Hunter

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by VelcroSnake, May 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

2. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Just as I predicted. Mwahaha, hahahaha, mwahahahhaha

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Tattaaaat

Tattaaaat Generation 1

I noticed that Pilot hunter and CTF is no longer an option for choosing modes. Ctf is my favorit and dont play the other modes much so you lost me as player if you leave it like this. Sorry!

p.s. Respawn didnt anounced it in the update 3 so it was a big surprise for me. I think it is not fair for not telling it in the readme from update 3. But all i can do is hoping that it will be back. Bye

4. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

The PC player base isn't as large as the consoles, they are simply removing the least played gametypes to condense the community, more people in less modes means better matchmaking for everyone. be happy. they really should cut it down to 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

Except for the people who really WANT to play those modes, and don't like the modes that Respawn is trying to force them to play, which will possibly drive them to just not play the game at all anymore.

Hell, I didn't play either of these modes until trying them last night, and had a lot of fun in CTF without the flag being allowed to be carried inside a Titan, and now that they've basically made it so I have to play through a bunch of game modes I don't want to play in Variety. I now have less of a desire to play Titanfall as a whole, since I don't want to help validate Respawn's plan to improve the player count in the modes THEY want people to play.

6. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Like it or not, it is a widely used and accepted method of solving matchmaking problems in games with insufficient player-base. It was done in Mw3, Black op II, and Ghosts. If Attrition and Hardpoint had been the two least popular they would have been cut. Stop being such a counter productive individual.

7. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

It's counter productive to talk about possible issues in the game you're playing in the forums for that game? Should people only post good things about the games they play so that no one ever has any complaints about games and the developers think that everyone loves everything they do?

Just going along and never saying anything about things that are wrong with a game is what would be counter productive. Thinking otherwise is pretty much what being a fanboy is. Just because people have complaints about the game doesn't mean they don't like it. If people didn't like it they wouldn't bother posting, they would go and play something else. People that post complaints about the game like the game but want to improve it. Removing gameplay options from a game is not an improvement, even if you personally don't care to play those modes.

8. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I agree with most of this. The only thing that is wrong in the whole thing, and it is DEAD WRONG, is the idea that this is a negative thing. If missing two of the least popular game modes is such a big deal to you. Go play on console, this is a common issue with almost EVERY PC game. get used to it, or get out. The games that don't tailor the playlist are the ones that end up with forums full of people complaining about matchmaking times. Now you are in here complaining about the dev's taking necessary steps to improve game quality. It's ludicrously ignorant.

It's understandable to be upset, CTF was fun, There is no need to blow it way out of proportion, I had a serious issue with the game as well the FPS was capped at 60, I didn't play for a month until they patched it yesterday. When I found out the patch was an incomplete piece of trash, I didn't come on here to complain, I realized they are doing there best to resolve our issues. This is Respawns first game under that name, launching a brand new IP. Complaining about losing "my favorite gametype", when you know that 90% of the other players that play barely touch it is childish, and counter-productive. You know exactly why its gone, and it's not a big deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

How is removing CTF and Pilot Hunter a necessary step toward improving game quality? If these modes are as underpopulated as they seem to indicate, what is the benefit of attempting to funnel such a low number of people into other game modes? Shouldn't they just work at improving matchmaking instead of just trying a Band-Aid fix that will actually drive some players away because all they enjoyed playing were these modes?

I am not actually upset for myself, because I rarely ever touched these modes, but am upset because this is a pretty bullshit thing to do to people who paid for the game and enjoy those modes. And I don't know they are doing their best to resolve issues, because they don't communicate with the player-base as to what they are doing.

You're basically saying to people who paid for this game but are losing easy access to their game type, "Oh well, too bad for you, you're in the minority." You should head over to the Respawn forums and post some of the stuff you're saying here, it's a lot more active over there and I'm pretty curious as to the reaction you'd get from the people over there that are pissed off about the changes and continued lack of communication from Respawn.

Again, I have only played 3 matches total of either of these modes, so it's not a big impact for me, but this is a crappy thing for a company to do to its playerbase, and is a very good way to develop a bad reputation that will stick with a company for a long time.

10. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

#10 marthiFiC!, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    I would likely get my account banned for raging at the fantastic stupidity, as I am likely to do in this thread if I keep responding. marth out.

PS: Yes that is exactly what I would say. Oh no, my favorite restaurant got closed down because i'm the only one who goes there. Launches protest at city hall*. hurrdurrdurrdurr.

EDIT: and the reason they had to cut modes was the addition of maps, some people got DLC some didn't. effectively cuts player-base in half in most matchmaking scenarios.

11. InfernalCZ

InfernalCZ Generation 1

Oh come on, CTF is the only mode that truly demads solid teamplay if you want to win. And they remove it. Respawn really let me down with this decision. Absolutely no fresh game mode, yeah thats the way. From actually good game to bummer in one day..... and Im not alone, everyone from my community thinks simmilar.

12. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I agree, CTF was the most team oriented mode. It was actually my favorite. I'm just not so pigeon-minded.

13. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

Hey no, it's cool, I got you. Removing content and options from a game is a good thing that will help make it better, and who cares what people who liked CTF and Pilot Hunter think because they are the minority, and screw the minority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Your catching onto how life works. Slow clap* Wasn't there something about the minority losing in democracy? The people have voted by not playing, the election was not rigged, I did not sleep with that woman.

EDIT: I don't see why this is so upsetting. It is such simple logic.

15. VelcroSnake

VelcroSnake Generation 2

Except there is no actual reason to remove these modes that will benefit the game. All it does is make the people who liked to play these modes play the game less or not at all instead of playing more of game modes they do not like. Video games are not the same as restaurants and elections.

16. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Let's use some mock numbers here. 30k total players in game. most popular gamemode Attrition: players:10k
    least popular gamemode: Pilot hunter: Players: 400

now note, this is 400 in the world, most people will recognize and dislike pings over 100, so that limits it to about 1/4th or less viable players than number noted.

Adjusted totals:
    2.5k attrition
    100 PH

with 12 players in match there is about ten games in your region with under 100 ping, if all 10 are full you will experience degraded experience(worth complaining about). This number is already far below an acceptable threshold(the nature of PC unfortunately).

with the release of DLC there will a roughly 60/40 split between players with DLC and those without. To avoid non dlc players getting kicked every other map, the system searches for non-dlc lobbies first. with only 40 player in a PH lobby looking for non dlc games, there can only be 3 and roughly 1/6th games concurrently within your 100 ping limit. Much less in some areas. which is trash. not to mention the numbers used here are probably higher than the reality. Thats why this is done.

17. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

As of now the situation is so dire, the game is 40% off, only on PC. they wouldn't do things like this if it wasn't needed. I'm sorry I got so hostile. Apologies.

18. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

It's a bad move on Respawn's part, Game Modes should never be removed

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

20. SecurityRake

SecurityRake Generation 2

It is completely absurd to do this without adding server browsers. The CTF mode is so much fun! No other mode uses the mobility quite that way, and no other mode makes Arc Mines quite so useful.

• Agree Agree x 1