RESPAWN SINKS TO A NEW LOW!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by DARK BAWGS, Jan 14, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I was sitting having my morning coffee surfing on my iPad when I saw the announcement for the new DLC; man was I excited!

My excitement was short-lived… clearly Respond has sold out to the COD types. Based on this announcement they have focused totally on Pilot vs Pilot. I fear the next DLC will rename the game as PilotFall!

They have added everything for pilot vs pilot modes and nothing for modes where there are Titans – what am I missing, isn’t the core concept of this game warfare with Titans? This sure kicks the crap out of the relationship with BT. Was the community not clear enough on the needs to develop continued support for this game concept?

We don’t get new maps for the core Modes. One You Tuber was saying isn’t this great free DLC’s; well garbage should be free!

Respawn says that this is not all and that they will reveal the path forward soon. I am loosing faith quickly. I harken back to my comments about poor marketing and think, again ,they have missed the boat, in fact they didn’t even get to the pier! Why would they announce this crap when they had a great opportunity to get us excited about new maps and the other things the TF community has been asking for?

I set out to get both consoles to Gen 10 and I will finish that journey, however if the DLC doesn’t offer more of what we have been asking for it implies we are of no value to Respawn and I will move on. Not only that if they don’t really make an effort to address the TF communities concerns then watch the numbers drop after this DLC.

I have tried to be positive and supportive of Respawn and TF2 but this is a slap in the face! TF2 is a good game I enjoy playing but with so few maps and two that I absolutely hate and often leave when I see them in the rotation it is getting very boring, especially since I choose to basically play Amped Hardpoint.

Enough is Enough Respawn!

• Like Like x 4
  2. MDVillarreal

MDVillarreal Generation 3

They announced in the post talking about the new DLC that over the next couple of months they will also be adding in more remasters of TF maps (and presumably some new maps as well) as well as more modes and weapons. My guess is that February will be the Live Fire DLC and March will probably bring some new maps for the regular multiplayer mode. Though not mentioned, they also have more Prime Titans coming this year (Ion and Scorch are already available, but the other 4 are listed as coming soon) as well as the remaining Pilot levels (11-15 and probably more beyond that). I agree that some fresh multiplayer maps are sorely needed as soon as possible, but I understand new content will be more of a marathon than a sprint.

3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Maps Maps Maps Respawn!

Do they not see or understand we don't have enough farging maps?

I can't wait to see how the fanboys on this website try to spin this one........

• Like Like x 3
  4. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Well BT did get destroyed....coincidence? :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is exactly right and what I have feared from the tech test, because once you start moving in a certain direction, it is hard to turn around and it troubled me that they were moving in the exact opposite direction from where they should have been going.
    upload_2017-1-14_15-17-58.png

My only hope was Obi-DARK Kenobi (DARK BAWGS), who is our resident marketing guru and who started this thread here, who had a theory that they went this direction to build a user base who could learn to appreciate the Titanfall concept, but then over time, when they felt they had enough people who appreciate the Titanfall brand, they would bring a lot of the stuff that made TF1 unique back into this game. DARK has also been one of the most positive members on this site and even he is troubled now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

YES!!!

AND YES!!!

By the time they put out the next DLC, TF1 would have put out it's first DLC after it's launch in the same time frame, but let's say TF2's next DLC has 3 maps, if you really look at things it is still way behind.

15 = large, well designed maps (TF1 launch)
    +3 = large, well designed maps (TF1 DLC1)
    18 = large, well designed maps

9 = small maps with choke points (TF2 launch)
    -2 = maps that never should have made it out of concept phase (Crash Point and Complex)
    7 = small maps with choke points (Actual launch #)
    +1 = large, well designed map stolen from TF1 (First patch)
    8 = (7 small maps with choke points, 1 large, well designed map)
    +3* = small maps with choke points or large stolen from TF1 (TF2 DLC1)
    11 (mix of small maps with choke points or stolen from TF1)
    Please notice that even if they put out 3 maps, we are still 7 maps behind TF1.
    And even if you want to give them credit for Crash Point and Complex, we are still 5 maps behind.
    And, other than any stolen from TF1, they are smaller maps.

* There is a caveat here. I'm assuming 3, because I think that should be the bare minimum. Personally, I think they should include 10 maps (even if they are all stolen from TF1) to at least get us back to where TF1 was at this point. However, in all honesty, I think they are going to go the other way and we will probably only get 1 or 2 maps and be expected to be excited about skins and camos. I sure hope I'm wrong, but that is the feeling I get from the lack of urgency I've felt so far from them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I know, right? :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Isn't one of your Titans like Generation 60 something? This game must be soooooo terrible. While we aren't getting any maps for the core modes this time around, they literally said in the post that they would be adding much more coming soon and even said there are going to be more remasters of TF1 maps... which you guys were drooling about.. but now aren't?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Respawn is ruining this franchise, so much potential squandered

read my comment in the News front thread...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. OldTuftyLemur

OldTuftyLemur Generation 2

I didn't buy TitanFall to play COD - I'm usually better in my Titan than not in it!

• Like Like x 3
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, it is a shame, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That is the most perfectly succinct summary I have seen. Well said my friend.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i think that is what he is saying ikon88x , he would like more maps , there is none as to the info that was announce , there is no remastered and no new maps and who said that they are not excited for remastered and still not , correct me if i am wrong where did you read this ? that they are not excited for older maps from the first game .

i believe KernelClamjuice is that high a level is because he enjoys the game for what it is and as a fan of respawn and titanfall he enjoys the game and playing as a titan even as a pilot and adapting to the current state of the game .
    He Paid hard earned Money for a product that he invested time in and want to get his money's worth .
    That does not mean just because he may have a critic about the game does not mean he does not support the game or like it , as he has posted tips and has encouraged others to try new things .

you are not the only fan of the game , we all are ,Remember that !

the man knows what he likes and know what he wants , but instead like i have stated before to you , instead of focusing on gamers about how they post ,BUT what they say focus there concerns towards the DEV's and EA the Publishers , not the gamers BRO .

tell the DEV's hey listen the community is screaming we need info as they are frustrated to what ever they are frustrated with but they are , and there concerns are valid WITH Valid Points To Them .

even your mentor said she is disappointed with the game and how the community is currently , there is a valid reason there and needs to be addressed . granted they said they have more in the future what you may fail to understand there are more and bigger games out there and coming very soon . so if you are such a big fan of respawn and the game take notice to what gamers are saying . because TitanFall TUESDAY will be once a month rather than every week IF THAT MANY . so take notice !

14. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

We don't need to spin it @KernelClamjuice we already dig this game warts and all. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Just bolded that part because I feel like sometimes this doesn't seem to go both ways. You don't have to tell me that Laddie is disappointed with the game bro, I know... but I don't think you understood what she meant when talking about the current state of the community but I could be wrong on that.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Respawn and the game and I do a lot for the community, have even gotten in direct contact with their community manager and have worked my ass off to try and get them to come and game with their fans on Titanfall Tuesdays.

However, you can't tell me they aren't directly listening to the community. I've seen multiple posts on the forums about new faction intros and the playlist thing they are implementing. You have to remember that they can't please everybody. I just think people seem a little bit entitled is all I'm saying. People paid for the game they're playing, Respawn has absolutely no obligation to add any post-release support to this game but they do (as do most companies now). However, coming from their perspective, it's probably a little discouraging when you pour your heart and soul into a video game to have people complain about the FREE things that you are giving them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

that's not free, we paid for that

a game is 60$, this game is 70 or 80$ for the dlc's are included,
    perfect

the problem is, a new game mode without titans, in a game called TITANfall 2
    an d smaller maps
    noone ever wanted another pilot only mode! or a mode without titans!

and there is no proof that Respawn is reading/listetning our feedback here from the official forum!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wrong. All DLC content is free. There is additional (cosmetic) content that you have the option of paying for.

Wrong again. I've wanted a fast-paced elimination Pilot game mode in Titanfall ever since I played the first one. Titans wouldn't work in a game mode that has a 1 minute timer... I'm glad they have specifically designed maps for this and I can't wait to try it out and guess what? If I don't like it, I don't have to play it.

There is proof that Respawn is reading/listening to our feedback, I've talked with them personally. I've also seen almost that exact idea suggested (the custom playlist they're implementing) on their official forums.

19. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Wrong, the game was 70$ before and right after release

and wrong again, just because you wanted fast paced pilot elimination game mode doesn't mean that they are reding our feedback and taking it into account or even apply it in future dlc's or updates. they didn't do it with the first two dlc's

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It was $59.99 USD.. I'd know.. I bought 4 copies of the game. It may be a different price in different countries but that has nothing to do with Respawn.

Umm... no. Just because they didn't read *YOUR* specific feedback means they aren't listening to anyone? I just told you I expressed interest in a game mode like this, so what do you call that? Just because you didn't get what you wanted doesn't mean they aren't listening, they can't please everyone.

If they added something I didn't like, I'd simply not participate in it, it's not a requirement for you to play in the Live Fire game mode... and I'd certainly wouldn't complain about free stuff on forums. You'd have more of a case if you bought the season pass and were promised specific things... Respawn hasn't promised anything and everything except cosmetics they've added has been free.

• Like Like x 2