RESPAWN SINKS TO A NEW LOW!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by DARK BAWGS, Jan 14, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

while i agree with you on certain things mate , the FREE excuse is use all the time and it is exactly that an excuse just because something is free does not mean that it should be sub par or not to a high standard.
    there is a saying BEGGARS CAN"T BE CHOOSERS . and i agree with that , but they could give critic sometimes it may seem bold of them or some one to do so , but remember no one specifically ask for any thing free , Respawn offered , i , you and all that paid for the game paid for the best and ask only for that and should expect the best , just because a person goes to a side BAR or Restaurant and they may have free food or drinks does that mean that they should expect bad service and that they should not comment or give feed back on how to better or what they like or don't like just because they may get an item that was offered for FREE.
    as for your mentor , i do understand what she meant and i could relate even and the current state of the community is sad in some perspective . the state of the game and the current direction of any company like Respawn is unprecedented to all in the past for any dev . the positive and the negative this is why i said to you focus your energy on the dev's and the publishers read between the lines off what gamers are saying and don't be defensive when someone says some thing that you or any one may take as negative.

Mate cheers on the hard work with titanfall and i applaud you on taking the rains from your mentor . but understand that gamers are frustrated and with this valid points to there frustration. and need to be addressed . if there is to be a future .

so believe me when some of your most positive supporters are frustrated take notice and if respawn feels like they are not obligated to there fans and paying customers even doe they don't have too then am sorry any company that thinks like this is in for a rude awakening if they are trying to be successful in business . just my opinion ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

How do you figure NOONE wanted a pilot mode ? That's absolutely not true. I for one before BUYING Tf2 made sure it had a pilot only mode. I wanted something to replace COD and i wasn't sure if I was gonna really enjoy using titans. I just wanted the superior gun play that this game offers. I know others who wanted pilot modes as well. As it turns out the Titans are great and I like playing both modes . Yea you can tell me pilot mode is dead but how many people are actually exposed to this game ? Also how many potential buyers of Tf2 are like me and want to make sure it has pilot modes because they are unfamiliar with titans and may not enjoy them ? I think quite a lot.

I actually played pilot mode for a TON of hours before I ventured into attrition to use titans. Because I didn't know what to expect. It happens that I ended up LOVING Attrition and the use of the titans but I am still thankful this game offered both modes for me. It also helps break up the time played I have where the modes don't start to feel stale.

So again your speaking from a very small Majority who say they don't want pilot modes. Exactly how much did Tf1 sell ? And there are a potential 10 million more buyers of Tf2 out there who a great bulk of them could be like me looking for a pilot only mode because they want something familiar to them AT FIRST.

3. OldTuftyLemur

OldTuftyLemur Generation 2

Thanks, if I could stay in my Titan, I would!

4. Capomurder

Capomurder Generation 1

I totally agree with this

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have to commend you Derrame for sticking to your guns and not backing down. When "free DLC" allows you to feel like you can put out a release with 7 decent maps (Crash Site and Complex should have never made it out of concept), then you've already gotten way less than people got on TF1 launch, so people have a right to expect a lot of DLC content and expect it quick, Then, when the first one gives you 1 map you didn't even have to create, a variety mode for it and a cosmetic store, then "free" is starting to equate to nothing and people have a right to be upset. Then, when the next one sounds like it is going to add a new mode that isn't going to address the map problem for the core modes, "free" is really becoming nothing, and even people who have defended Respawn, suich as DARK BAWGS (who started this thread) are becoming frustrated and rightfully so.

You say they are listening. Well, I'm not saying they are not listening to anyone. I'm just saying they are listening to the wrong people. You and I have agreed to disagree, but if they are listening to you, then don't you see how there is never going to be one change made that moves in a direction that I would like? You say you loved TF1, but you also loved COD, so you have no problem if they moved TF2 in more of a COD direction. If TF1 had been the way TF2 is, I never would have kept playing and TF1 would not be my favorite video game of all time. The DLCs are turning out to be similar to the release. Rather than listening to the people that loved TF1, they listened to the traditional FPS crowd who didn't like a lot of things about TF1. This upcoming DLC seems to be moving in even more of that direction, because it sounds like you and others think it is great because it could attract more competitive shooters, which basically means the even more intense traditional FPS players. No thank you. We don't need more of that, especially when you already don't have a matchmaking system to make sure the the a group of competitive shooters is only going to go up against another group of competitive shooters and not against a bunch of brand new players and drive them away. Because, you see, if this mode attracts them, they will not just stay there, but will seep into the other modes and infect all of those as well. This will destroy the user base and discourage any new players from staying, so you are going to end up with a small user base of just all of the best compettive shooters. Great, congratulations on that. I thought that's what tournaments were for. Meanwhile, it is like they are giving the strengthening of the traditional FPS magnet priority over addressing concerns that affect core modes, such as number of maps.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I was simply correcting Derrame that the game was $59.99 USD and if it was a different price in a different country, Respawn has nothing to do with it. I paid $59.99 + tax for the base game is all Im saying there, whether you like the DLC or not.

Also, I liked Call of Duty up until Modern Warfare 2 (all of which IW aka Respawn made). I tend to like their style of game and that's why I loved Titanfall 1.

Trust me, I want more maps, more Titans, better customization just like the rest of you guys, even if I do like this type of game mode they're adding. I'm perplexed about this update as well (even if I like it) because now there are going to be more playlists with an already dwindling playerbase.

I'm just saying I'm not gonna complain about free stuff. If I didn't like it, I just wouldn't play or use it. I definitely don't think that if they went with a paid model it would be any different, do you think Respawn is going "well we're not getting paid for this so let's release shit we don't care about?" I doubt that's their business model.

It really does suck that you loved the first and don't like the base game here and it's especially bad on PC with player count and cheaters (I'm assuming). All I can say is I hope they add and/or fix something that makes you love the game again man. We're all here for the same reason, we love Titanfall, so I hope you love it again one day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Probably as good a time as any to point out that this is not an official titanfall forum, if you actually want your suggestions to get noticed probably not a bad idea to sign up to the official forum.

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Fair enough Ik0n. Thank you for sharing that you are concerned as well.

9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks buddy. I really appreciate your understanding and kind words. Yes, we do both love Titanfall and I hope I can love it again too one day, TF2 if they make some changes, or if not that, then TF3 maybe. TF1 will always hold the biggest piece of my heart of probably any video game ever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Here is an interesting video and explains the numbers to some extent...

11. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the answers to the questions in the video are here in the forum, lots of them

less fps/pilot only modes and more coop modes, new maps and titans, new objectives or mecanics in the already existng modes, more interaction between pilots and titans

i never found a game for capture the flag, never, ever, always 0 all servers/data center

• Like Like x 2
  12. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I hear you I only wanted to note the lack of players especially on PC. I have started tracking the number of players at certain times of day on my PS4; what started me thinking about this is that I think the numbers may be down about 20% over the past few weeks so I want to confirm this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'm not trying to be a dick here but why should we even expect dlc's? How many companies put products out and give shitty aftercare? Loads.

Stuff Cod and their £15 a time dlcs, purely trickled out to make money.

How many games are released and thats what youve got, no changing?

I'm personally impressed, that Respawn are supporting tf2 for the life of the game. How much time and resource go into doing the big or small, new or refined. Sure, they aint gonna please everyone but thats life.

Theres things in the game that I dont like, and choices that I dont quite understand with the dlcs, but I do understand the amount of work and effort thats needed. And for no charge to us! (Obviously theyre trying to keep sales coming in too)

I cant really see what there is to feel shortchanged for..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

what's up bro.
    nice topic , the DLC topic topic to your question has a lot of factors and reasons , into it and to why gamers in the now generation tent to care for dlc .
    video games have evolved over the years since Atari and Nintendo . and there will be a lot of factors to take into consideration on this on . and you are right dlc is a way for dev's or publishers to make money. along with other things. DLC also is there to save dev's money .
    time and money are the key factors why we should care for DLC in these modern times it benefits both the seller and consumer .

how well it is excused is a different subject all by it's self.

to give you a partial answer to your question , why we should care about DLS , because it is beneficial to both retailer and consumer in saving money and time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i too want games that are complete by release, and no dlc

BUT, there are dlcs planned for tf2, and the ame is not complete, there is no coop mode, too few maps, some of them really bad
    few weapons and pilots and some new titans could be a great addition. and lot of fixes and improvements that havs been posted and discussed millions of times here in the forums...

the dlcs are not free, this game was 70$ before and right after release, any other game is 60$, that means, the dlcs are already paied with those remaining 10$, and they the first two dlc were already released. 1: angel City and Tone nerf, 2: live Fire (pilot only mode) and two new maps for that mode exclusively, no "true TF" dlc yet.
    no new titians or maps, we really need moer maps asap, and no coop mode, i already posted this, just imagine all dlcs are store, or pilot only or prime titans, camos, skins, and that generic fps crap, and not content that is characteristic of TF. what a disappointment,
    i really hope they start fixing this with the third dlc and remaining

• Like Like x 4
  16. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You aren't being a Penis 3G......but my response would be...tell me why we SHOULDNT expect additional DLC's/ Maps. First of all. All additional content was promised in Marketing/Advertising.

(DLC's = Maps for this argument)

It's expected throughout the gaming community......this is not contestable...

One can argue that pretty much all previously released FPS games have had DLC's released after launch.....therefore it would be reasonably acceptable to assume that additional DLC's are not only expected but required to fulfill the initial Cost of the game.

If they don't release another 15 *NEW MAPS , Titanfall 2 will be the biggest rip off in gaming history....IMHO. Not to mention the biggest sales scam in gaming history....

*Re Masters do not fulfill the new map criteria

IMO Gamers who purchased this are largely expecting plenty of Maps.........

My question to anyone would be........why shouldn't we assume we will get more maps?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Trini Chinese

agreed , quite correct . on the DLC .

18. Trini Chinese

nice post , agreed fully on this . quite correct .

time and money , i say , time and money is the bottom line .

• Like Like x 1
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Great point Derrame! Why not get rid of all the modes no one plays to try to increase the chance of more people in the ones people do play and not spread things out so much. Maybe get rid of CTF and Amped Hardpoint lobbies completely, but then create a CTF/Amped Hardpoint mixtape mode where that is the only option to ever play those games, but make sure they switch every game (1CTF, then 1 AH, then 1 CTF, then 1AH). In other words, don't let it be 3 AH in a row or 3 CTF in a row, but this way if you really liked CTF or AH, you would know that if you entered that mode you would be guaranteed the games you like every other game. I would be totally cool with that. I don't really like CTF, but I would be willing to play it every other game in order to be able to play AH every other game, which I love. I think this would really benefit players who love both, because it would keep both alive when the independant lobbies would have been long dead already. The key though is to remove the CTF only lobby and the Amped Hardpoint only lobby, so that this new CTF/Amped Hardpoint mixtape lobby is the only choice. This would essentially server the same purpose as the multiplayer campaign in TF1, where even when the Hardpoint Domination lobby died, you could still play almost 50% of your games in Hardpoint Domination by playing the campaign, which had 4 Hardpoint Domination games and 5 Attrition games.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very well said Derrame!

Well, with all due respect (because I'm not trying to be a d%#k either), there are quite a few reasons:
    1) They claimed all DLC would be free, which implies that there will be DLCs.
    2) The unfinished, incomplete feel of the release would make someone who purchased the game only be willing to swallow that for a limited time with the expectation that those gaps will be filled within fairly short order. 7 maps is competely unacceptable (Crash Point and Complex should have never made it out of the concept phase so those don't even count).
    3) As Derrame suggested, many people bought the Deluxe version for $70 out of the gate, which is already what you would have paid after TF1's first DLC and at that point you would have had 18 large maps. So, if you are sitting there with really only 7 much smaller choke-pointed maps, you have every right to have expectations for them to provide a larger playground.
    4) This was a sequel, so anyone who bought this game had every right to have the expectation that this game would have as much content and be supported as well as TF1. The precedent had already been set. Therefore, purchasers of the game had every right to expect 18 maps by now and since the first game already had Frontier Defense, they had every right to expect at least at a minimum to have that coop mode ported over to TF2 just as the Angel City map was.
    5) Also, with the precedent set by TF1, with the post-release content being "free" or not, the purchasers of the game had every right to expect the developers to actually at least seem to have the same concern about the game that they showed with the first game.
    6) Also, with such a small playground upon release (7 maps) and now just 1 new map ported over from TF1, players are getting bored. Purchasers of the game have the right to expect the game to receive attention, because the longer you wait, the more users you lose and once you lose them it is hard to get them back and before you know it you won't be able to find anyone to play in the lobbies you like to play. This is already the case in Amped Hardpoint on the PC.

• Like Like x 4