RODEO!!!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by BattleReadyPB, Aug 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Heh....
    And people thought the first Titanfail had a bullshit rodeo system...

• Like Like x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Couldn't agree more.......what were they thinking?

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

2 people working with a mic can bring down a titan in seconds. I know. I've had it done to me!

All that time waiting for a titan too :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Once A Pilot gets on your back....you are done .........95% of the time......so I've learned..

5. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

When I first saw the TitanFall videos, and I saw a Titan being taken down by a pilot, I'm going like "Holy Shit! That's awesome!" Something new, something refreshing... I thought it would add a new element to gameplay.

But what it sounds like is that there's no "counter" to shaking off the Pilot or picking the Pilot off or killing the Pilot.

6. BattleReadyPB

Yup, the first one yeah a pilot could fuck your titan up but you could fuck that pilot up too! Both took some skill to perfect. Lots of strategy involved either way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Agreed.

It's very lopsided now.

8. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

how can a titan kill the pilot on its back?

• Like Like x 1
  9. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

My friend that was the glory of T1.

You could smoke them which would make them jump off. then u find them and shoot them.

You could exit your Titan and place it into guard mode.....then hunt the pilot down...or your Titan would gun them down for you...

This is where experience came into play. It depended on your load outs and experience level.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BattleReadyPB

In TF2... Not sure if its possible.

In TF1 theres a few ways
    -Electric smoke
    -Shoot a cluster missile at a nearby wall and turn your back toward the cluster (doing this and jumping out of your titan and jumping back in works wonders, titan regains full shield.)
    -Shoot triple threat grenades at an overpass or overhang, rocket salvo and amped quad rocket can also work from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BillyRueben

BillyRueben Generation 2

Absolutely possible. The game forces the pilot to jump off of your titan when they finish taking your battery. I usually sit still when someone is on my back. Half the time, my team shoots them off for me. The other half, I spin around as soon as they hop off and melee kill them. Also, you can still use smoke, you just have to earn it now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

with electric smoke , i have done this, it is an unlock in the game as a perk i think.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Tech test was only a taste though, who knows maybe next weekend more options will be open, and when the game finally launches will we only know!!!

It was indeed very frustrating with pilots jumping on you, pretty much party over I found.

14. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

The game play is going to stay the way it is now........

The game is pretty much done.....

They were simply tweaking a few things and mostly checking out the new network thingy.

Don't matter to me at this point....it's left a pretty dingy flavor in my mouth at this point.

It doesn't matter if they delay the launch date or not.

I'm not interested in this and I refuse to call it Titanfall 2.

15. SC Silver

SC Silver Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

I didn't play much Scorch, so maybe I didn't notice it as much as other people, but...

With Ion, I noticed I could usually wait until the auto dismount, dash in the opposite direction, turn, kill the pilot and regenerate with the dropped battery. This of course assuming it wasn't too hot to disembark.

I admit, I like the grenade rodeo thing, but I think it would be much cooler if it was optional.

Example: You rodeo. If your grenade is not on cooldown, you can either toss it and auto dismount for large damage or fire into the internals without auto dismounting.

Granted, this would require a massive restructuring of current mechanics to maintain game balance, so it's just a pipe dream I suppose.

Edit: Also, I ran most of my playtime with a friend, so I usually had a wingman to scratch my back, which helped, I'm sure.

16. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

I have. Scorch is SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. But you are shooting a sort of grenade with each shot. So I understand, still slow, though.
    This is hard to do in practice than "well said, than done." Most of the time, pilots run away from the area after the battery is taken out, by which point you will already have been shot by another pilot or titan. I run away from the Titan after every take out of a battery. So fun, so satisfying to know you took down a Titan! :D I was curious after a thread here at TF2C.