Ronin Doesn't Know Kung Fu!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WorkInProgress, Nov 23, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WorkInProgress

WorkInProgress Generation 2

Weird title? Must be a WIP post. Good morning, good something-something. I have a very important question for you all;

Do people not understand that Ronin's not a front-line combatant? Ronin's entire shtick is speed, oui? Oui. So he moves fast, and his greatest tool IMO is that beautiful phase dash of his so you have time to reload and come back out ready for a fight. But so often, I see people defaulting to mashing the melee key like they're thirsty for a Termination. To be fair... they are. But that's not using him to his full potential, is it? It's stupid. The only thing they've managed to do is feed my Scorchie (I have named him Raid) every time they try. That shield...

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that I think we need some play videos that lay out how each Titan seems to be designed, and do's and don'ts so the little starting Pilots don't pick Ronin 'cause he a NINJER only to find out that you can't slice up a Scorch in seconds and that Scorch can absolutely MELT you in seconds.

Your thoughts, forum?

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I think if youre going to do a melee fest with ronin, then the phase dash is great for dodging to the side or back of a titan. Combing with its dashes, outdancing an opponent is its forte non?

I like the video plays idea!

3. WorkInProgress

Ehhhhhhhhhhh...

Technically speaking, yes. Ronin should be able to dance around something like a Scorch, or especially a Legion. A bad Legion that can't use the Power Shot (either mode) is Termination fodder. But these people that choose Ronin tend to think that the Leadwall is useless against Titans. To a point, it is. But it's there. -Use it-. Space out the sword strikes with lead rain and use that Phase Dash for a reload, and if you find yourself at a distance, use the Arc Wave to stumble them and close the distance.

But people seem to think they can just storm the beaches, rush the other Titans, and somehow survive, get a kill, and validate themselves in thinking that they're a ninja, all the while they're being ripped apart because they thought boosting into a crowd of four angry Titans was a good idea.

4. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

I've played with Ronin from the start and you are right - its a little more complicated then just running in and hacking up your opponents. He takes a strange kind of finesse to know when to phase in or out and sometime just run away and flank then from the other side.

I know everyone hates me for this but I phase in a nuke if there are 2 or more titans (especially scorch or legions) Sometime when your surrounded there is no other way ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. WorkInProgress

Ahh, don't feel guilty. I did that with TF1. Yeah, I was that guy. I'm a little bit happy that they set Nukes to only go off when doomed in 2, but...eh.

In any case, people that jump into Ronin need an appreciation for the curve that they'll be facing. Learning how to synergize Ronin's rather... interesting... skillset and not just go full

I CAN SWING MY SWORD-SWORD

And not just rushing headfirst into a Scorch will allow you to survive for longer than five minutes.

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ooohhh! I definitely don't hate you for this. I actually think that's genius. I never had much luck using Ronin and didn't plan to give it a try again, but that alone is a very tempting reason to give it another try.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No hate here. All's fair in love, war and Titanfall...1 & 2.;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Most to the guys in the lobbies I've played in really know how to use it, I don't think I've seen too many Ronin attacks coming at me, usually running flanks or ducking in and destroying me and running away. I've tried it a bit but I've fallen for Tone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, Tone has won my heart as well.

10. Mecha Maiden

I was just playing with some folks the other day that were saying its trap nuking and it ruins the game for them :/ But hey I don't complain when they lock down on me with legion.

All Titans have their pros and cons its all about which one you enjoy more. I still giggle when I get a termination or strike a pilot out of the sky with my sword.. Batter up!

• Like Like x 3
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trap nuking? Pfffftt Nah, it's just awesome! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mecha Maiden

Glad to hear someone agrees :)

13. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

People only make statements like that when they don't know how to deal with it. I love it wish I could work with Ronin but Tone seems to be the best of the worst since I am terrible in a titan...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mecha Maiden

Tone is my husband's titan of choice and my #2 - I just wish I was better with that 40mm though

15. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I too busy trying to gen up my Ion, people already on Ronin?!!!

I hate that Titan at the moment, and it's sword when it's swinging away at me. Will probably like it when it's due for Rottyluv to gen it up I suppose.

Highly reccomend you don't take one on fists up that's not going to end well for you.