Sensitivity - (not emotional)

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by ThirdGuyver, Apr 22, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hi all,

I've tried the various sensitivity aim settings, and definitely need more practise, being unable to target close range opponents at high sensitivity.

Does, for example, a insane setting pilot stand more chance in a duel than a default speed one? (Is that a perk of being more experienced!)

Really interested in your preferences and findings!

Cheers

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well Guyver, if you were to ask me, I'd say that it depends on the person. I've used the insane setting before and it damn near drove me insane. Maybe it just because my reflexes have slowed and hand eye coordination is not the best anymore. But if it works for you use it, of not take it down a notch until you find what works for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I've backed it right down back to default:), I must have looked like my pilot was glitching madly trying to aim with insane! Shot everything else except the opposition....

Would like to get used to faster speeds though, dont want to feel at a disadvantage to the youths with lightning reactions!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I too have gone back down to default or close to it. I am a button masher. I need the slower response to be quick and accurate. Kind of a paradox. I think a light light touch with lots of finesse is he only way to utilize the insane level. I think if I was not such a masher and did not get so intense and lost in my own totally enjoyable fantasy world and overwhelming feelings of revenge and kick ass, I could do it. But then it would not be me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My sentiments exactly Transformer. :) Hmmmo_O Hey...No really, those are MY thoughts!!!! Get out of my head!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

My experience of pro level players in FPS is that they generally run default or low sensitivity to ensure shots on target, however if you watch Warspirituk on youtube he uses an insanely fast setting but is also using a mouse and keyboard which allows such insanity. I run a default just so I get all shots on which is a good start if one is trying to win a gunfight.

Addendum. I would think that most one on one gunfights in any FPS among players of equitable skill would be 50% of the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I rarely change from default. They are pretty quick as standard, something that playing bf hardline thought me!

It'd feel like starting the learning curve all over again if I changed them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

I have always played at super high sensitivity, this game I played well at very high. However I would lose long distance fights. Over aiming then over correcting would get me killed :(. I have gone a but lower to high and noticed an improvement. My jump shot had gotten better and can play pubs and very very rarely loose a straight up gun fight. When in customs however against the most experienced players I have a tougher time. But they work me anyway so I don't mind. I have also added some KontrolFreekZ which have helped tremendously with aiming.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Thanks guys for the reassurance!

I've been looking at some vids on youtube and been in awe of the speed, thinking that should be what im aiming for. It makes sense now that mouse /keyboard setup can enable such speed.

Now I know you more experienced players utilise a more stable speed I can relax into my game without feeling like I'm missing out (am I taking it too seriously? !?:confused:)

Cheers!!!!
    ps, what are Kontrolfreekz Hero?

10. My Hero Iz Me

It's not about speed necessarily, you can look around as fast as you want. I personally can "whip" it on a dime and turn on anyone on pubs with a very high/ insane sensitivity. But can you precisely aim when you have to? Also the higher the sensitive the lower the aim assist. This means you have to be on point with your shots. KontrolFreekZ are thumbstick extenders that allow for better precision on aiming.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Very good point, I'll look into those K.freekz too!
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

Be warned I got a couple of those and they are extremely uncomfortable! xD

13. My Hero Iz Me

Depends which you get... They are no longer uncomfortable, they where at first I almost took them off, I'm glad I didn't. I had tried them before and like you perhaps I quit... I tried again after advise from top players, it has worked for me so far

14. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I just ordered the GamerPack VX. Gives me the Vortex and the Classic so I can mix and match. Very interested to see what a difference these make. It'll take a while to ship down here to Australia... I'm looking forward to experimenting. Thanks for the tips!!

15. My Hero Iz Me

Yeah bro I got my friend simon from Europe to buy them he loved then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#16 rainman0211, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Been interested in these for awhile now so I ordered some this morning from Amazon (said they would be here today... lets see). Have you gotten yours yet?

6:30pm they came as promised. Lets try em out!!!;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Lucky you!! Not here yet for me. I guess that's what I guet for living in Australia!! :D Let us know what you think...!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Getting ready to sit down for a couple of hours and play. :) Maybe do a little tweaking with the sensitivity. One thing for sure is they are quite comfortable (I'm using the Vortex set). I'll let you know how they are working out.:cool:

19. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I have joined the club. My set is en route. Thanks all for the tips. KontrolFreekZ should give Hero a commission!

• Like Like x 3
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@A4eaTransformer @BigDaddyHotGue Honest opinion....:cool:,,, played about 5 games and 3 of the 5 games I scored over 100 which is rare for me. ;) They are really comfortable and make movements and (dare I say it) smoother aiming. The wife is going to get her hair done in the morning so I'll give them another workout in the morning. I give it a thumbs up.

• Like Like x 2