Sexism.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ThirdGuyver, Jul 11, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Heard off a fellow titanfaller that they are getting messages saying she shouldnt be playing games like this, did someone get to gen 10 for you, etc. etc...

Do any more of you lasses out there get stupid ass messages from narrow minded guys? Shite really, and shouldnt be happening..

2. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

Just of bunch of morons who were pissed off due to the apparent smackdown she was giving them. I have come across a number of amazing female players who offered a tough challenge,

• Like Like x 1
  3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I agree totally. There is no expectation of a male only or male dominated game. After all, in what other game do you have most or all of the best players running around dressed up like women:):):):cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Only a Moron would say something like this......

It's 2016 .....if you live in a sheltered life and truly have these thoughts perhaps you need to make a lifestyle change,....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

One of Titanfalls major problems is that it requires the internet to play, and the internet is awash with the most hateful, childish, sick, twisted, racist, sexist, homophobic, spiteful, disgusting bullies you'll ever meet in your life.

Apart from these forums of course. These are for the good guys :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Yeah thats true, its so easy to troll behind the shield of the net, knobbers....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ang3licallyEvil

Ang3licallyEvil Generation 1

"Hi, totally new to the forum here, but as ThirdGuyver said .. there is a lot of sexism out there. I suppose it is men that can't handle a strong woman." .. okay that sounded bad too lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the community @Ang3licallyEvil. I've never (at least since some many don't mic up I'm not sure) played with female pilot. Sure there are lots of then running around all over the maps because some say the female pilot frame makes her harder to hit,:rolleyes: so who knows. I don't care who I play with and your more that welcome to join me (or I'm sure) just about anyone here. Again, welcome.:)

9. Ang3licallyEvil

Ang3licallyEvil Generation 1

Thank you. I have many 'male' friends out there on TF .. it is only a few that let the side down. :) But I must say, I do get distracted by some of the male Pilots .. they seem to have the 'swagger' lol ... once again thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sapphire

Sapphire Generation 3

I'm a female Titanfall player and never have any problems..I guess most players I play with don't know I am a girl haha. Anyways I always mute the mics too.

There will always be some people out there that whine about female players, you just have to ignore it..I laugh at those kind of people ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I've become immune to the stupidity of the jerks in multiplayer gaming and the Internet. One of my favorite recent stories is when I was put in a Titanfall lobby (no mic on) and was immediately greeted by "Lady13, I bet she really sucks." Well, first off my GT is Laddie13, and while I am a lady the kid only found me out because he misread my name. Oh, I dominated that game and when we returned to the lobby post game, he said, "I bet your boyfriend played that game for you." I'm not sure which I was more offended by, the sexisim or his illiteracy.

There are an awful lot of girls that play Titanfall, I know one group that frequently holds a Titanfall girls night that Abbie and I used to join on occasion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:D Love it. That was funny.

13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

And welcome to the forums!

14. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Agrees complete.

• Like Like x 1
  15. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

It's not sexism, it's just people being douches. They probably would have complained the same if it was a dude. If I'm not with friends, I don't even bother plugging in my mic wire, it's a lot more peaceful that way. Don't have to listen to whiny kids, peoples horrible music, and/or listen to trolls who are unsatisfied with their life so they take it out on random strangers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ille5t1

ille5t1 Generation 1

Stop moaning.. Jesus what would you do if this was real combat? This is a game you fight you win, or you die. People talk smack in every sport and every game. Welcome to Xbox1

17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the forums,

Its a good place to have a bit of a moan now and again here, agree its a combat game, but for enjoyment - unlike real combat. And if the moaning is related to slating female players, it aint moaning.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ille5t1

ille5t1 Generation 1

I agree but at the same time if she was owning them in game, she got what she wanted already. I love fighting good player and if its a girl that's really good the better. I just see it in the end as a way to make sure you focus harder on what you are doing, and a girls voice can be a distraction to some I'm sure. There really is no need for people to get huffy, but I know some use that as a weapon to distract the other players. Thanks for the Welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wow....... And welcome to the forums....

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This place is getting weird. Must be a new breed of pilots.

• Like Like x 7