Shotgun & Ronin gripes

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Dexterryu, Dec 13, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Generation 2

So I've been seeing both of these things become much more prevalent over the past week or so. When it's pilots it's shot gunners bouncing through the map and popping people from a little too far away (IMHO). I like the play style and think it fits the game they just need to tone down the lethal range of shotguns.

I have a similar complaint about Ronins, especially vs pilots. I've been in matches where there are several running around and abusing the generous hit detection with their melee. I've been behind them, above them, etc... and the melee still hits. Not only that, but with their speed there is not much that can be done to escape them outside of hiding in a building.

Moreover... vs Titans I've seen a lot of them become suicide titans. They just rush, melee, and then phase shift + nuclear eject on top of your titan (which get's them a new titan). Cheese tactics like this shouldn't be in the game.

2. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

I can see your frustration but as someone that primarily plays as Ronin - I would not consider phase and nuke a "cheese" tactic.

It is not easy to actually pull it off since every other titan is way more powerful. Most of the time you end up trapping yourself in the nuke or dying right before you can actually pull it off.

In my opinion each Titan has an advantage and disadvantage but that's what makes the game challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Generation 2

My cheese statement is more in regards to the melee vs pilots than the suicide part. Really the only cheesy part of the suicide is the free titan so the process can be repeated multiple times.

4. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

Yeah the swing radius is really crazy compared to any other titan punch

5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I play the Ronin lots and feel that everyone calling it OP is just sour grapes. It takes lots of practice and skill to do well with the Ronin. It takes skill for each of the titans. The good swing radius is not all that big of a deal. It is offset by the relatively low hit impact compared to its shot gun. The shot gun is all but useless unless you are really close up. It is a really well balanced Titan as far as I am concerned.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I just hate it when it kills me. Otherwise, using it is awesome!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, Ronin's have an attitude and it is probably the one thing in TF2 that irritates me anywhere close to what the Arc Cannon (even just the sound of it) irritated me in TF1. This is why it frustrates the hell out of me that they don't have the 3 classic titans with fully customizable loadouts in parallel to these 6 preset titans. I just need so badly to take my Stryder with his Electric Smoke, Cluster Missiles, 40MM Cannon and Dash Core and "Fresh Squeeze" the hell out of Ronin and his little attitude.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah agree, it's the reason I use tone, I get slaughtered using ronin ha! :D