Singles Only Setting

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ensc, Mar 12, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#1 ensc, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    I know this is probably going to sound like I'm talking about dating at first glance, but this is about Titanfall not about dating. :)

I think this would have been nice for TF1, would be nice for TF2 and would be nice for a TF3. To me, the nature of the game is strangers against strangers. Therefore, even if I am playing with friends, I frown upon coordinating, looking to help my teammates or looking for help from them. I think it is an unfair advantage if the other team is all just strangers.

What I would absolutely love is if there was a checkbox in the Settings that you could check that says "Singles Only", meaning you only want to be put in games where every single player is playing independantly on both teams (no Networks, no Friends). Now that doesn't mean that all of those people have to have that setting checked as well. It would just mean that the matchmaking system would have to check and see if any of the other players in the game are from a Network or are Friends. If not, then it can add you to that game.

This would be perfect for me, because that's all I want is an even playing field. I absolutely cannot tolerate fighting someone like a man, face to face, and then having one of his buddies shoot me in the side of the head or the back. If I get beat straight up, fine, but if the only reason I die is because players are too weak to fight for themselves, I shouldn't have to deal with that crap, which is why this would be a beautiful, welcome and always used feature for me.

Also, now that I think about it, this would also be one of the simplest things Respawn could do to make the matchmaking better instantly since they seem to be too lazy to actually develop a good matchmaking algorithm.

Actually, taking it a step further, I think it would actually help the health of the game and keep the user base larger for longer if this box was checked by default for new players. That way they would never get thrown in against a clan and get discouraged before they even get started. Of course, once they got comfortable with the game, they could figure it out and go in and uncheck the box if they want later, but at least in the beginning, they would have more of a fighting chance.

Oh, and let me just kill the first argument I can already hear, "But then they couldn't play with their Friends or in a Network if they have this box checked." WRONG!!! You could have this box checked and still play with your Friends or in a Network. However, the way the developers should handle that is that if you have the box checked, but YOU YOURSELF have chosen to be with Friends or in a Network, then the checkbox gets ignored. The checkbox would only be used if YOU YOURSELF choose to play independantly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Triggerman 6

Triggerman 6 Generation 2

I think that is a reasonable idea. It should be part of a full on matchmaking system that includes protection and development for noobs. Maybe in TF3..... I don't think they will do anything to split the small player base now, to much risk....

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You are absolutely correct Trigger! This is one of those things that I think would make a HUGE difference, but it should be implemented on game launch when your user base is probably as big as it is ever going to be. If you use this particular idea that way though, I truly believe it could help newer players and keep them around longer and not get discouraged so fast.

4. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I fear that with the current low player numbers and with many dropping (by my reckoning the numbers have dropped off by about 25% in the past two months) by the wayside the likelihood of a TF3 is remote at best. I just can't see Respawn throwing more money into a losing financial "money pit" when there are more promising developments on the horizon.

I truly hope I am wrong, but my 'senses are tingling'!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Uh oh Respawn! You better start worrying now. Obi-DARK Kenobi's spidey senses are tingling. :)

No seriously, I fear you are right my friend.

6. Triggerman 6

Triggerman 6 Generation 2

I don't know. I guess I see it as here Respawn has some real value in its IP (if that is the correct term for this industry). The game images and play mechanics is just so far beyond that of COD & BF series. I look at them and think "how cheesy.. low end quality graphics and just look boring..." The gameplay alone, then add the true brand of the Titanfall story.... some money grubbing whore of a company has to see the value..... My god, If I had the money, forget about it. We would have all and be all. More titian play supported by the uber skilled :)rolleyes:) FPS player..... Someone, somewhere will see the value, pick it up and make it work..... I think its just to superior to all others out there.... (note: remind you how I got into the game, doesn't mean I didn't look at other stuff)

• Like Like x 2