Slow?!?!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Nov 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Everyone please be objective and watch the first 25 seconds of this video and still tell me TF2 is slow and you can actually perform that kind of maneuverablitly in TF1.... I see no momentum loss when he hits the ground.. it's just about learning the movement.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

THEY'RE DRUNK MATE!!! :D

Grunts think it's slow. Pilots think it's fine!

3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Cool video

yes, you can move faster in TF2 due to the slide mechanic. The problem I personally have with TF2 is getting "caught" too easily on too many objects.

Also, that map makes it easier to fly like the wind, along with a couple other maps. Not all though.

Furthermore, this person is obviously a "pro" and has exceptional ability to maneuver. Not everyone can pick this up.

Bottom line: it's possible this is your proof. It's just not as easy or "free" as is TF1. IMHO

Maybe I'm just being hardheaded, idk. I like TF2 and I'm playing the hell out of it.
    I just think there were some missed opportunities

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#4 ensc, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    I've agreed that the Stim is faster and the slide is nice. My only problem is the ground speed, that's it.

This video proves nothing. This is Gamesager, one of the best video game players in the world. This is like showing a Michael Jordan video to the average Joe and saying, "See, it's easy to jump and dunk. I don't know what your problem is."

Plus, I'm pretty sure he uses a gaming console. The same movement does not work on a PC. But even if it did, the main point is, this is Gamesager!!!

Not only is he one of the most naturally talented video game players (vision, speed, reflexes, aim,etc.), but he is an unbelievably quick learner.

Take a look at this video from TF1. Pay special attention to the date (4/3/14), because this was only 19 days after the game came out. Most people cannot even get 25% of what he does even if they had 2 years and 7 months experience. Most could never do this even in their wildest dreams and he did it 19 days in. And what's more, this wasn't like just a lucky and incredibly amazing game for him. This was just an average walk in the park for Gamesager. Notice how he's even looking at another screen and chatting while doing this.

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That movement isn't possible on PC then just watch War Spirit (he even agrees with you about the game) but he moves just as fast.

I'm not saying you're going to move exactly like him but I learned to slide hop in the first week, it's not difficult.

Also, Gooser kills were not hard in TF1.. especially with the Arc cannon or XO-16.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, I have seen War Spirit and I saw that he does use the PC and you are right his movement is pretty amazing, probably almost as good if not as good as Gamesager's. I have not been able to move anywhere near as well as those guys, but to be honest I can't say I've spent a lot of time trying.

Oh, I suck at Goosers. It took me 6 months to complete the 5 gooser challenge and only 1 of those were intentional. The other 4 were accidents. :) Want to hear something really pathetic? When I was trying to complete the 5 gooser challenge, I even had 2 different players who agreed to be on the other team and go off to a quiet part of the map and eject to give me a better chance at it and I still couldn't do it. :) If they have left it at the original 50 gooser challenge, I would still be a Gen 5. :)

• Funny Funny x 1