Smart Pistol is broken

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by AnimalFather, Jul 8, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AnimalFather

AnimalFather Generation 2

I dont know if they nerfed it or whats going on the gun is HORRIBLE. It will never turn red on pilots and u keep firing it on orange and it does ZERO damage!!! WTH am i suppose to use it? Im only using it for my gen 9 regeneration challanges freaking hell. Is this a joke?

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Is it the basic one without enhanced targeting? Thats slow as hell....

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sir, I salute you.

In almost three years, this is the first thread created about the Smart Pistol that claims it's under powered without sarcasm and jokey faces.

Fly that flag brother. Fly it proud.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Good point Bruvas! Could be the start of a revolution!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

I don't use it much at all any more. It is so bad now that I have ended up playing entire games using nothing but the B-3 and the Sidewinder. I mean really, what are you supposed to do with it, throw it at the enemy pilots head?

I have also gone entire matches where the indicators light up full red, yet the pilot never dies.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Gotta love wingman action...

Not so smart pistol then!

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The wingman is the best sniper rifle in the game!!

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Oooh close one that, the wingmans so satisfying when you take a sniper out when he's so far away all you can see is his name, or jumping around and Blammm! Headshot!!!

But a charge rifle snipe is a bit of an event too! So is krabering...oh and I'm loving the plasma railgun (!) at the mo!!! :confused: man, I love TF!

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnimalFather

AnimalFather Generation 2

Dude u must have played it before the nerf. this thing wont target any pilots!!!

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I only really played it through gen 9 or on harvester defence. It's limited range always put me off. I might throw the odd burn card SP in the mix for s**t's and giggles, but then it's very op!

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

For me, the SP is great for FTD... but not much else. And again, that's just for me. In the right hands it's great, mine aren't the right hands. If I was good with it I guess I'd use it all the time and get...:confused: called out.;) Man.... I don't hate all sp users, just the ones that are not on my team.:D

• Like Like x 3
  12. Eazyridr73

Eazyridr73 Generation 3

I can understand if ur doing a challange or like rain says using it on FTD. otherwise... it's crap!!!!! lmfao

• Like Like x 1
  13. gr4yp4lm strik3

gr4yp4lm strik3 Generation 1

save the smart pistol from being nerfed in titanfall two!!! they nerfed the hell outta it and turned it in to a scorestreak. where my smart pistol gone??

14. gr4yp4lm strik3

gr4yp4lm strik3 Generation 1

yes it is i get cross map headshots if anything people should complain about that

• Like Like x 1
  15. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Strange to hear you say that. We have both used the smart pistol in games together. I end up complaining like the others that it does not seem to lock on. You come away with 17 pilot kill and I come away with 3. Sooooo.. WTF...what is going on? I think you said it best the other night. It is all a matter of timing. You adapt to the precise timing of the gun and lock on. If you use it a lot and really get a feel for the timing, you can do damage. If you use it infrequently like I do, it seems sluggish. Maybe it has been slowed down, but why would this happen? I favour the argument that it just takes a little practice to use it really well (other than when you just hide in a corner and let it just auto lock on people flying by and then shoot).

16. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I think they should rename it "Dummy Pistol". It requires no skill you just run around like a fool and the gun does all the thinking so the "dummy" using it doesn't have to!

17. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The SP issue has been kicked to death, so I am reluctant to say much. I just do not understand why so many people are quick to judge this device. Like all the other weapons: it has its strengths and weaknesses. I would bet that any player using the right gun would beat anyone using a smart pistol as often as they would beat anyone else. In most games where the majority of players use the SP, they seem to always loose despite their making a fair number of sucky kills (sucky for the person getting killed). Just say'n.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you A4, like i said before it's in the game we just got to live with it. I have my own opinion about the SP. It is what is at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I agree with both of you, I just wanted to express an opinion about a weapon that requires no skill; now it is great if you are going on a "grunt" rampage. If a pilot sees you your dead with your SP...

20. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I hate the thing personally. BIG D say no more. :D

• Funny Funny x 1