Smart Pistol is garbage

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Tatkolektor, Jul 15, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tatkolektor

Tatkolektor Generation 2

Anyone else sick of this weapon? Nerf it or get rid of it.

2. N13V35

N13V35 Generation 2

I personally like every gun and what it has to offer. If you don't like it, don't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tatkolektor

Tatkolektor Generation 2

Trust me I dont use it, It requires no skill. How is that fun?

4. FlyingVee

FlyingVee Generation 2

I used the smart pistol a lot when playing attrition and grunt hunted. But now that I am in CTF, it is basically useless. It takes much longer to lock on that it does to aim another gun and pull the trigger. It has been nerfed and is almost useless without a lock on. I can beat it with my pistol when another guy is trying to spray that at me with no lock.

It's a fun gun, but probably the weakest in the bunch.

5. A green sofa

A green sofa Generation 2

Yeah... Nerf it? Lol. Have you been drinking? That gun is pretty weak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

It was already nerfed and it requires the most parkour while locking on. It isn't garbage if you know how to use it... that is either hiding/parkouring or grunt farming.

7. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Thankfully... as a Gen9/50 pilot and only working the last of the MVP challenge to get to G10... I don't have to use the Smart Pistol any more - and I don't. I do agree that I get pretty annoyed when somebody else is using it and I get RIP'd (generally from somebody cloaked and sneaking up behind!). But as far as I'm concerned... I let my 7 year old use that weapon when he insists on playing 'Daddy's game'. It's good for noobies and the less skilled. I don't really touch it any more...!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hellblze

Hellblze Generation 2

smart pistol is my go to weapon man. Start with that kill a grunt pick up carbine for secondary and go for gold. If you get killed from the smart pistol perhaps pay attention to your surroundings, stop standing still and learn to parkour man. If your not on bumper jumper by now i also suggest changing to that. Will help you get out of range of my crosshairs.

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I don't usually get into these well worn discussions and usually (note usually) don't care too much if I die to this weapon. I'll admit, I don't like this weapon but hey, I see it so little that it doesn't come up. But...But...what I do object to at times is the range of this weapon, I was locked on to from a long way out the other day and I'll admit I lost my #%^%$^^ $#^#$^#$$% @^&&*&T##@%^ at this @#$^#^&@^$%@$ who was chasing me with it. But apart from that. I have no issues. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

You alright there mate?

Might need to lay off the coffee?:p

11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Ha! You may be right...its weird, I usually don't rage but this one day, I was trying to get goosers, I was getting punished by everyone on the map, my KD was sh*t and I had just ejected into open space and the other dude had as well...was running away as I landed and then dead, dude with a smart pistol about half way across the map kills me...watched the kill cam and just lost my sh*t. It wasn't pretty...

• Like Like x 2
  12. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

Every weapon category requires a unique skillset and this gun with stealth and mobility, can be deadlier than any other weapon even face to face when you combine this with Stim and parkouring. If you are complaining that this weapon is for noobs and requires no skillset and then get killed by the same weapon, what does that make you?

I hate it when I get killed by this weapon too but all I could say is "Nicely played, you sneaky bastard! But I'm coming for you!"

• Like Like x 5
  13. Hellblze

Hellblze Generation 2

10000% Agree with everything you just said

• Like Like x 2
  14. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

I've died to the smart pistol like 3 or 4 times in 500+ games, and every single time it was because I wasn't paying attention, and didn't notice the guy who was standing behind me for 5 seconds while his gun locked on to me. I don't get mad, I tell myself "Dummy, why wasn't I moving, I wouldn't have died"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Titan

Big Titan Generation 2

I dont use it either. But got to say good thing about it. It doesnt take the same time to lock-on pilots as the bots.

16. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Generation 2

I used it only to get its attachments for the "All the Hardware" achievement...once I got all its attachments today, I immediately switched back to the Hemlok.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

I have started using it to help me finish off the MVP challenge in Gen 9. Very useful at taking out grunts and spectors and hunting those bags you loads of attrition points.
    I quite like it, but then I like all the guns.
    The fact that people like different guns and loadouts mans that in any one match there are varied approaches and playstyles which makes for a more interesting game.

18. Vagrant

Vagrant Generation 2

Lol, everytime I kill someone with one lately in the back of my head I'm thinking.
    "I wonder if he's going to rage and post a Nerf SP pls thread."

lol @ "No Skill".

Like the Carbine, shotty, smgs, spitfire, chaingun, satchels, autopistol, or DMR take a bunch of "skill" to use.

The salt is real in this thread.

19. Eslero

Eslero Generation 2

I never use it but from past use I can tell you, it doesn't need to be nerfed. Its already weak enough against pilots because of the lock on time along with the fast-paced gameplay of this game.

20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot