Titanfall Smart Pistol Nerf Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Spemoore, Dec 24, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ETERNALT0AST

ETERNALT0AST Generation 3

I usually use the smart pistol purely against teams with other SP users, or when people complain about it from the opposite team, because I'm just a sassy little shit disturber. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I hear ya Toasty!!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

well, I suppose I'll put my 2 cents in on the matter....I'm neutral on the subject, and it won't make a difference if we have it or not.

I kill with it...you were getting sloppy

I get killed with it...I was sloppy----then I move on.

No one gets mad when I snipe or plow into the soft tissues of their back with R97 as they run.

Honestly I feel it has a balance because of its use plus strategic role in farming (the part I love....killing 80 to 100 grunts in attrition while pilots chase after me)

It's great for noobs, and guys like me that use crappy hotel wifi with a horrendous ping.

blah blah blah blah................lets beat this dead horse no more .

My offer of solution.

---Gen1 free to use unchanged till level 35 (or whatever just not 50...you can't stop the points)
    ---shorten the window to LOS in the small hud to kill pilot
    ---Add 'lock on warning" to pilot such as titan alerted to lock with archer

since you can't hear or "feel" the bullets coming like other weapons the warning would at least give a pilot (especially the ones that whine) a chance to react. But then again, 2 hours ago I sidled up to pilot from rear, scoped my DMR 2 feet from his head and blew the front of his face off...he didn't complain.

lol if it doesn't change...I don't care, i'll still have a hell of a time "playing"

4. IndyHiggie

IndyHiggie Generation 1

SP for any rank over G1 lvl 35 is just ridiculous, its an in game aim bot, you should be ashamed to use it. Yet, some G10 lvl 50's play it to death....Public Service Announcement, that ain't gaming son.....

There should be a no smart pistol match option, I bet 90% of players, and this game isn't free quite yet, would check that box, and never look back. SP would be history....

5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I wholeheartedly agree . That and also a maybe a No SP/Anti SP forum for the Pilots that may dislike, or for one's that are not quite sure but are maybe just 3 or 4 times being killed by an SP user away from posting in some random Titanfall type forum.

I'm sure the masses are eagerly anticipating any news regarding a certain weapon that will remain nameless, (but rhymes with Part Smistol) and if it will be needed, nuked, kept or omitted. Makes me wonder just how many dislike it (the SP) so much that they'd... not buy the game. Or an even scarier scenario, SP is included in TF 2 , People that hate the Smart Pistol buy the game, and whine about the SP all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eriongtk

eriongtk Generation 1

Honestly? I think SP is balanced as it is. Annoying? sometimes. But not to the point where i would go and flip the table. What people seem to forget is the time to kill. How much times does one have to score that kill? Most of the time, people get kill from behind, or anywhere else outside FOV - chances are, that we wouldn't be able to do anything about that kill, even if it weren't for the pistol. Again, this is my personal opinion, and no, I do not play SP to death. I'm very comfortable with SMG or AR, sometimes EVA.

BUT! If we really must change it (again, i think it is balanced. I have to be quick to find a way to keep break the line of sight, or I should be the one to kill them first. Never trust "oh he didnt shoot me as of yet, they must have not noticed me then" feeling.... 7 or 8 out of 10 times I can kill SP users.face to face. Given that i get kiled from behind, but i wouldnt be able to do anything about it, regardless of the weapon...but i digress.)
    So, i think the problem comes from the console port. The aiming reticule is ridiculously large for mouse aiming, even with enhaced targeting. - it was clearly meant for console users.

I can see 2 nerf options, if they really must (but let's face it, nothing is going to happen.)

► SP could have two modes: AI and Pilot, which could be then switched with a right click (yes, take away ADS) - with this mode only one type of enemy could be tracked. AI would have the default size aiming reticule, while pilot mode would have... 50%? (or so)

► Pistol behaves as it is now with AI, but pilot targeting could have a change of targeting: reticule same size, but depending how close to the center the targeted pilot is, the lock on speed would get faster (fastest being the current, 'default' speed)

PS: Hammond Industries are out of their mind. Makes no sense why they didnt incorporate SP abilities to other weapons :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

My 2 cents: I like it being in the game. It is different. Provides a different variable to consider which is unique. It is slow to kill pilots and if you get killed by it you would have been killed anyways by someone taking time to aim at you. Ha it sucks and is frustrating when you get nailed. Wha wha wha. I hardly use it except for when I am bored and want to go on a tear when cloaked and permantly stiimmed with a burn card. When I first stated it was great to help me survive when i did not have the game figured out. I would not restrict it to any specific level though. I am sure that I am in he minority. I do not see it really being that big of a deal. Tata

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jeffb2001

Jeffb2001 Generation 3

This might be something. Make the SP a sidearm, leave the auto-targeting, but you can only lock-on 1 target at a time. And you must keep the sites on the target. You jump, twist or anything that keeps you and therefore the sites moving could shift the lock-on to a different target. What do you guys think?

9. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I love the idea in part. I often wished the SP could be a side arm, but just the way it is. one thing to consider is that side arms are generally best used in close fast moving situations. I do not think I would need to stop focus lock on and shoot.

10. Jeffb2001

Jeffb2001 Generation 3

I was just trying to appease the SP detractors. Me? I want all the weapons to have auto lock. But I'm old and sometimes get lazy. I die from a SMG a lot. I don't hate it, but I don't use it either. Exception of course for challenges, then you gotta do, what you gotta do.
    I agree it needs to be a sidearm, In most games you always carry a long gun and a hand gun. 2 hand guns just doesn't feel right.

11. INFECTiON_

INFECTiON_ Generation 1

The smart pistol is literally the only reason I don't play titanfall during every single second I spend online gaming. The movement system and weapons (aside from scrub pistol) is absolutely beautiful. There's even a good balance between pilot and Titan surprisingly. I log on every once in a while(once a month at best now compared to every day for 2 months after release) only time I play more than a round now is if Im LUCKY ENOUGH to join a game that isn't full of cloak/smart pistol players.

12. INFECTiON_

INFECTiON_ Generation 1

#32 INFECTiON_, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    At the very least, like so many TF players I know want so badly, they could implement a "Pro"/"Hardcore"/whatever mode that gets rid of Smart Pistols. The player base would be far larger (I personally know at least a dozen people that had absolutely no interest in the game after I told them about SP users) because "that s#!&s so cheap, might as well have auto aim PLUS aim assist" And to add with Rainmans post, I will not give a single cent, not even a Zimbabwe'n penny, towards a sequel if there is EVEN A SLIGHT RUMOR about the SP being added.