Smart Pistol?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by St4rgalaqtic, Feb 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I agree. People need to SHUT THE HELL UP now. There are a dozen Smart Pistol forums and no one gives a crap about any more now.
    Anyway, too bad the forums are like this now. Titanfall has slowed down and all the information has been sapped out so not much to talk about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

The Smart Pistol will stay in game. Its not a required weapon, and no one has to use it. Unless there are regeneration requirements, its just part of the game.
    Players have to just relinquish the fact that it stays. Period.
    I have tried it. Its a unique weapon. I do not think its over the top. I do not like it.
    Its not for every one.
    Move on people.

• Like Like x 3
  3. James Cooper

James Cooper Generation 2

But the SMP doesn't lock on a long distance, you have to be relatively close to get a lock on.

I know what your talking about camping near the flag with SMP and cloak. But again there's easy ways around it. You would normally get the first couple of kills but as soon as people are aware of where you are waiting/hiding you would get grenade'd and killed. I've played against many players doing this and they always lose...........you can usually also STIM away from them once you have the flag and they cannot keep up.

The best tactic for CTF (depending on map) is usually STIM + R97 or CAR SMG's. Carbine can be useful on some levels.

I also point the fact out that you think everyone will just flame you with replies and that we are all closed to the possibility that you are right. But it seems that you cannot accept that your wrong. Everyone else is saying one thing and your saying another except you sit there saying that everyone else can't accept that your wrong. Perhaps look at your own posts and think that not everyone thinks the same way you do?

• Like Like x 2
  4. GhunetStrudel

GhunetStrudel Generation 1

Incoming rant from someone who hates this auto aim gun with great passion.

It breaks the flow of this game so badly. Auto aim in a fast paced game could be balanced, but its just so goddamn easy to kill someone with this gun. I really can't understand how the developers could stay with the design that it currently has.
    • The range of its aim is too long for auto aiming
    • Pure of its range you can kill someone before he can even get to you, regardless of position. You just need pure luck to get to him before he "sees" you. Or just out range him which doesn't happen a lot since the auto pistol users keep (wall) running all over the place.
    • The term "sneaking" doesn't even apply on this weapon (sneaking doesn't even fit in this game. It's too damn fast for this type of element. If you are behind someone 9 out of 10 you weren't even stalking him, just pure luck).
    • There is not even a counter to it. This gun kills way too easily and you can't even slow down its lock process or prevent it from locking in the first place (as a tactical kit this would be perfect).
    • As I have experienced the auto pistol can even lock on you while in shock.
    • BONUS: Combination of this gun and server lags is just destroying the fun.
    The easiest way the make this a better game is too remove it entirely. I know that won't happen plus it's still something for fast paced games like Titanfall. An other outcome could be counters for auto targeting. A kit or in combination with cloak should stop the targeting process. Or add a warning like the Rematch burn cards or when your Titan gets locked when someone is locking on you with it.

But the best solution would be custom servers like Battlefield where we can disable the use of Auto Pistol or other guns/kits/ordinances. People have been asking for custom service quite some time now and Titanfall would make a great step forward if we don't have to rely on matchmaking all the time (which is, in turn, often not that great at all).

• Like Like x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ooohh. Bitter man. Just trolling through the forum to down vote me after I call you out for trolling?

6. GhunetStrudel

GhunetStrudel Generation 1

Nope, just the comment you made was douchy. And on a side note: your trolling report is not justified. Learn the meaning of it mate. Prevents awkward situations like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  7. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

I hear you, and can relate (when I'm the "shootee"...) That being said I do use it when it seems like the logical choice (i.e. The dig) where the distances favor the lock on or it's so bloody dark that it helps give away the guy who's cloaked and hiding (in the dark..) waiting for you. To me, it's all about strategy and tactics (trust me, mine needs work) and using the best tool for the job. I have my favorites, but really try to mix it up and become as versed in all the weapons (good & bad). This also keeps my gears moving from full auto to single shot to burst. In the long haul it SEEMs to me that my biggest asset has become my observational skills (getting better all the time...) and not as much relying on what may (and does...) come my way.
    No matter what, without good skills & situational awareness the lag (lock-on) time on the smart pistol (enhanced or not) WILL get you killed (trust me, fully aware of this..). BTW... I cannot stand to sit still and have learned being on the move is FAR more rewarding than just waiting for luck to occur. Best to you and Keep your eyes open & your head down.
    I'm out,
    D.

8. ORen Ishiiiiii

ORen Ishiiiiii Generation 1

With the lock on delay a player has to have a decent tactic to kill you in a dicey situation anyway. If you die you die. Work on your aiming and also your skill. Sounds like it needs some work.

Work smarter not harder.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PAYLHORS8248

Ageed...
    After I pulled on this thread I went for about 20 matches using more conventional weapons and got to the "Dig" and decided what the hell and went for the SP to see kinda a flow comparison. (I was too far into the zone to think about fudging the results and just gave it my all (as I always do...) Got whacked my commensurate amount of times for not getting a solid lock on a moving target and was the "whackee" (!) a predictable amount of time. Honestly, If you just looked at the numbers you would not really be able to tell beyond the minions (sorta....). Upon reflection, I do watch those who are dedicated SP and they kinda annoy me cause a couple kill cams you could tell some were not trying at all (gun stone still, I just ran into it's path.....) that to me is a shallow victory. I hunt, and stick my neck out all the time, always on the move, avoid camping unless I got someone on my tail (doesn't do much for your score anyway....). Thanx for the comeback!

10. HWFreak

HWFreak Generation 1

lol.. funny you should say that. my first real venture into this game and my first though was ********************************************************************

There is no fun if you have no chance, there is also no fun if gaining a kill is as easy as pressing a button, that is unless you are a complete FPS noob and need to feel like your skilled.

11. CosmicKobal

CosmicKobal Generation 1

#51 CosmicKobal, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

IMO, the Smart pistol is anything but and the devs must have been high when they thought this piece of game breaking garbage up. it targets through smoke, explosions, cloak, etc. half of my deaths from the SP have surprised my killer as much as me since the damn GUN saw me before they did!

That said, I doubt they would ever just straight up remove it. I could tolerate the SP if the targeting are were about 40% of it's current size, took an extra lock-on for pilots and maybe held a full lock for a second or 2 even if the target moved out of your targeting area. have it be unable to lockon through smoke/explosions but keep it able to break through cloak, just with a much smaller effective area so the gun isnt playing the game for you. you would still be able to use it to sweep grunts and if would still be a viable weapon against pilots without being OP.

To sum up, I just spent 20 bucks on titanfall last night. I without the SP, I would give this game an 85-90. ..WITH the SP I give it a 60.

I'm going back to combat arms with the hackers and pay-to-win(which I don't use yet I still win) over the Smart Pistol. I'll check back in 6 months to see if the SP has been nerfed sufficiently.

EDIT: of course, the option to make your own matches and the option to not allow a smartpistol in that match would also work

12. CosmicKobal

CosmicKobal Generation 1

...If you don't want to read about the smart pistol, my suggestion would be to not click on the thread asking what people think of the smart pistol...

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Wow...so much ranty stuff. :confused:

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Jesus age f**king Christ. You're new to the forum lad, so firstly welcome. It's a cracking forum. Stick around - you'll love it.

Now... Read the post. There are (exaggerated) 5,000,001 threads about the smart pistol. That was my point. At least you had the decency to resurrect a 3 month old thread. Cheers.

15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I was really confused till I looked at the dates, the original post on this was made early in the year. So yeah, just a resurrection of a rant long gone. On a side note, since then I have started using it and have two load outs for it. I love the f**king thing. Sorry Bruvas...this is probably not helping. :oops:

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ha ha, don't fret @Sgt_rawk!

I've been getting flak for the smart pistol since I joined the forum it seems.

I still maintain that it's the weakest main weapon, and I still maintain that if you keep getting killed by it you are not playing Titanfall properly. Or you're plain s**t at the game :D

17. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, however once you get good at the movement required to use the smart pistol you are pretty hard to hit, I found that the smart pistol helped out my game with all weapons as you can't really 'rush' players that are any good, so you need to flank and move unexpectedly quite a bit to survive. I like the thing, especially with the MVP thing for Gen 9 level up, great for minion/no thumbs farming, I have gotten some monster scores with the Smart Pistol. However you are right, if you are playing the no thumbs brigade then you will dominate but decent players will destroy you, they will also target you once they realise that you are using it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It's good when I'm shooting it, but I hate to be killed by one. It's nice to lock on to some unsuspecting pilot that has wondered in your field of vision, but Damon how I hate being the pilot caught in those crosshairs. Maybe it a weapon that could be unlocked and used only for certain challenges. All I know right now is... It is what it is.:cool:

19. PAYLHORS8248

Amen brother!
    I have backed off substantially on it's use. Mostly out of mutual respect and it does get under my skin (as well) when a pilot "just sits there" and I get whacked with no skillset or tactical talent involved, .....anybody can hide and I respect that when it's called for but not as a modus operandi. I pledge to ALWAYS be on the run when I succumb to the "dark side". These eyes sometimes just don't see the suspicious anomaly lurking in the shadows. and I can revel in a "glorious death" when it's at the hands of a skilled operator. Annnnd likewise, admonish my "boo-boo" when I pull the "WHHHHYYYYY DID I DOOOO THAT:eek:" stunt and actually did not .....really .... think... it.....through. And subsequently die the predictable WHEEEEE!!! SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME death (Ugh!).
    Best to all,
    D.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Why do people feel the need to find a smart pistol thread, read it all, then create a new account and comment on how it's apparently so 'OVERPOWERED OMG HAX'. How about you make a god damn introduction thread AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST!
    The smart pistol isn't overpowered, you don't have to use it, you have plenty of time to kill the SP user with any other weapon, and live with the fact it isn't going to be nerfed anytime soon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MESSAGE TO ALL THE NEW ACCOUNTS ON THESE FORUMS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SMART PISTOL:
    IF IT IS SO POWERFUL AND OVERPOWERED AND UNSTOPPABLE, HOW ABOUT YOU!!! USE IT FOR A COUPLE HOURS. TRY TO PLAY PILOT SKIRMISH WITH IT. SEE HOW THAT GOES. Optional: THEN POST YOUR HIGHEST SCORE (INCLUDE YOUR DEATHS!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WITH HOW MUCH YOU GUYS COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, USE IT FOR YOURSELF AND COME CRYING BACK TO THESE FORUMS SAYING HOW THE SMART PISTOL NEEDS A BUFF. HA...HAHA..HAHAHA

• Agree Agree x 1