Sniping in Titanfall? It seems likely.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 16, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

#1 WhoIsDo, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    TF1.jpg
    I've seen a lot of debates about sniping in Titanfall, but this seems to be the closest tease of it we've had so far. The official Titanfall Twitter account just responded to a fan looking for confirmation as to whether or not there would be sniping in the game:

As you can see, rather than confirm outright that there won't be sniping in the game, they instead mention that they have yet to reveal all Titanfall classes. This isn't a confirmation either, but gives hope to the community looking forward to using sniper rifles.

Personally, I think they'll go the route of shortening the ammo amount that we see for sniping if it is in fact in the game. With the game featuring such a fast-paced tone, I don't see sniping being extremely effective.

What do you think? Will sniping be in the game, or will Respawn Entertainment introduce a "long-range" class that's similar, but not truly a sniper class?

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I hope limited. Just limited.
    In a fast paced game like this........yes, it may be ineffective........but deadly.

3. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i hope no sniping in Titanfall, watch people playing like cod no scoping

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I think we may see a DMR-like rifle, but not a sniper rifle. We'll hopefully see in the next 30 days if they release the full pilot classes and weapon options.

5. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I can't see sniping being very fun in Titanfall. The parkour and general fast paced nature of the game make me feel it wouldn't be the ideal way to play.

6. Dishoungh White

Dishoungh White Generation 3

Now, I think they will include snipers but it will be ineffective because they know people will try to quickscope. Because it's cheap, it's overpowered. I've heard that they will make the snipers only 100% effective at long range use only. I think that's a good way because it's pretty frustrating to put 3-5 bullets and you're about to kill a sniper but he just kills you in one bullet when you've pumped 8 in him.