So many hackers

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Joel, May 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Joel

Joel Generation 2

I don't know about anyone else, but this week I have had nothing but bad experiences with Titanfall. It seems like the hackers are in full force. Earlier today, there was a guy with an aimbot and another with a score hack which effected my team. Anyone else had these bad experiences?

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Could you elaborate a little more on the score hack? I haven't heard of this so far.

3. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I have seen one hacker after almost 100 hours of play.

4. boise

boise Generation 4

Please don't just say things like this without showing some kind of evidence.

"I saw a guy with an aimbot" How do you know that? Because he hit you and you missed him? Maybe he's just a good aimer? What was the circumstances? Do you have a video (otherwise set it up so you can make one the next time it happens)?

I have not seen any obvious cheater yet. I get hit a lot more than I hit other pilots, but I can accept that they are just better than me. Why do you think they are cheaters?

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but there are LOTS of people that keep accusing the other players for cheating everytime they loose, so you need to be more specific.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xTruThxSeeKeR

xTruThxSeeKeR Generation 2

Im planning on hacking a game on the 27th.....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

A quick youtube search will bring up HEAPS of vids, even a number done by the cheaters themselves. When you actually see the Multihack in action it blows your mind.
    I've come across a handful, but don't often have Shadowplay running.
    Here's a pretty obvious one from a few weeks ago. Respawn did/said nothing when I contacted them about it, i've seen this guy a few times since and he's still doin it.

7. Tattaaaat

Tattaaaat Generation 1

I also have no evidence, butt saw i think for 100% sure 1 hacker. This gamer could aim at head from 30 or more meters at the head without aiming down too sight. Butt that was only 1 time so that is not so much. I spoke too this gamer that he was cheating and no answer at all, he left quickly. I know calling somebody a cheater happens more then it is true but this gamer i now for sure.

8. boise

boise Generation 4

You're right @Awsam, it doesn't get much more obvious than in that video. I suppose that if it was only once, then in theory he could have just been incredibly lucky, but the odds for that kill being legit are astronomical.

I actually recognize his name, Xtiann, and know that I have played with or against him at least once. I don't recall getting suspicious though, so I guess I was on the same team as him. I almost always have ShadowPlay running, so I'll be more observant from now.

9. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

@boise If you do a youtube search you will find footage of what it looks like to use the current Multi Hack. It makes spotting cheaters from kill cam a lot clearer. And in that video I recorded, the guy he locks onto after me is actually his mate.
    Shadow play used to run all the time for me, but since the last update the other day, I have to turn it on every time I start my pc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. boise

boise Generation 4

Honestly, I actually don't want to know. In my opinion, all cheaters are retards, and I prefer to just ignore them unless they get so common that they start to seriously disturb my playing experience, and we are for from there now. That said, if I see a cheater, I will most certainly report him.

I don't care that I'm hardly ever among the top players in my team, regardless of whether those above me are better than me or just cheated. That's on them. And whether my team win or lose is of very little interest to me. It is the game itself that I'm here for - the score board is irrelevant.

Maybe that makes me an unusual gamer, or maybe that's how the majority feels. I don't know. Regarding the cheaters, I'm just worried that they might make more and more gamers loose interest to the point where I cannot play due to lack of players.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I agree with Boise on this.
    There will be cheaters and removing them is a slow process. I find they only stay in a game or two, then leave.
    I enjoy the game and playing with players I enjoy having fun with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BuzzinFr0g

BuzzinFr0g Generation 2

I don't know if I'd attribute it to hackers, but I would say this week has felt odd. It seems like pre/instant firing (not using packetsniffer, etc.) is a lot more common.

13. McBrana

McBrana Generation 3

ok ,agree but is there any proof that any cheater was banned in the shit they call "cheater's hell"?Cause i saw no proof of that.Instead i see a gowing number of those smelling shits.5 minutes ago i left 2 lobbies beacuse of them.One with his titan aiming players from across the map, bam bam bam 3 players in diferent spots in 3 seconds????Obvoius aimbot, and he was gen 10 , meaning he has played a lot without being disturbed by the devs.Respawn your game is turning into crap.
    (oh and by the way when i searched for theyr names to report them...guess what, they don't exist.lunar_ground and skillzzz.well....)

14. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I would like to see some hacker upload a video of them in this "Cheaters Lobby" so to speak where they all have that little icon next to the name showing thier cheaters and being forced to play against eachother, Yet i haven't seen a scrap of evidence of this being implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  15. boise

boise Generation 4

I posted a thread with instructions on how to report cheaters/hackers here. I also suggested that we post the same cheater-info that any of us sends to Respawn in that thread so that we can get a feel for how many of them there really are, and if they really will be removed or if they can remain playing the game.

16. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

I've said it before, I doubt this magical cheaters lobby exists. They can't matchmake regular players together properly, what makes us believe they can matchmake a specific list of cheaters together all the time? I see plenty of vids on youtube of cheaters laughing at how easy it is. Now proof of anyone in Cheat narnia though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Overheal

Overheal Generation 2

I've also had a disturbing volume of hacker incidents lately.

Playing on Valve VAC servers made me complacent and I stopped suspecting hacking of being much of a real thing, but a few days ago I turn around a corner and bam, I'm dead. Killcam on the Reservoir: this titan was actually turning around a corner pointed away from me, and in the middle of a turn to the left the Titan jerks quickly to the right, about 120 degrees, and fires off 2 shots and I hit the floor.

I've also had teammates talk about being tracked through the walls, and not by sonar or CTF flags. Watching enemy reticles following what must be their hitbox, and that behavior seems to perfectly match the behavior of known hacks, that read the game RAM and display the hitboxes through to the GPU. So the enemy doesnt even need to have an aimbot robotically tracking your movement, he can just humanly keep his reticle on the hitbox and wait for you to turn the corner.

The real problem I have with the current solutions to punkbusting in this game is the level of frustration and effort on legitimate players. I don't have shadowplay as an option, and fraps would destroy my older machines performance. The game was already a stretch to buy as it is, and its a passtime not a hobby, I get on to relax (in that twitchy, competitive, violent way that our generation does) not to have to play detective.

For all the money a title like this generates I'm surprised there arent people who enforce the rules doing this stuff. The game is on dedicated servers, why can't someone in authority read the RAM off a server directly while investigating people that show up as anomalies in the statistics? They need not know they are even being monitored.

18. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Played for 3 hours today. Still didn't see any hackers.

19. boise

boise Generation 4

I still have not seen any obvious hackers in this game. There was this one time that a couple of guys seemed to be unnaturally fast, but unfortunately, my ShadowPlay recorder didn't work that day so I couldn't even recheck for myself to be sure.

Someone mentioned that we honest players shouldn't have to act as hacker police. Maybe so, but surely it is better to report the cheaters that we see to Respawn (which at least maybe will result in something) than to just bitch about them in the forums (which most certainly will not help in the slightest)?

Even if you don't have the ability to record a video as proof, Respawn actually only asks for "footage", so screenshots (F11) might be enough.

20. McBrana

McBrana Generation 3

ok ,and how can we make a screenshot when we die and during the replay the cheater shoots 4 players in 4 seconds?Till you realise that he is is obvious aimboting the replay is gone..Cmon...Recording and screenshoting is bullshit.