So many hackers

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Joel, May 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. boise

boise Generation 4

How about by being inventive and using your brain? So you missed that opportunity, but now you know who he is and what he is doing. The next time he kills you you can hold your finger above F11 and capture a series of screenshots while the kill cam is running. There are probably other things you can do. Try thinking for yourself instead of bitching.

Of course, video is even better. I'm sure that many of you have an nVidia graphics card? If you have a GTX 600 series or later, then you can run nVidia ShadowPlay. That is a pretty amazing tool that captures video directly from your GPU with no negative effect at all on game performance. The really sweet thing is that you can let ShadowPlay record continuously to a circular buffer between 5 and 15 minutes in size. If nothing interesting happens, then you just let it keep running in the background. But as soon as you see something worth recording you just press Alt+F10. This does not start a recording (though you can do that too if you want by pressing Alt+F9), what it does is to save the current recording buffer to your hard disk, meaning that you now have an MP4 video file showing everything that you saw for the last 5-20 minutes (depending on how big a buffer you told it to use). Perfect for catching cheaters in the act.

Sounds good? ShadowPlay is a part of GeForce Experience, so just go to nvidia.com and download it for free. Or maybe you even have it installed already and didn't know about it.

2. Overheal

Overheal Generation 2

So now I have to upgrade my hardware beyond it's minimum specs to play this game?

I know precisely what you're saying but again, this is 10 years backward. It has been literally years since I have felt like I'm in the position where a) someone is clearly hacking and b) the burden of proof is on me the legitimate player. I like what respawn made here but with their experience in mp games they didn't make it robust enough to let them police hackers themselves on the back end? What does $70 even buy you? 3 maps on the DLC and the likenesses of college football players? This is the first game I've ever bought into all this hyped up bs. I don't own any COD games and BF3 or whatever was a gift I used once in a while. These titles pump out hundreds of millions of dollars and you mean to tell me after paying the premium price to get into that, they expect the community to have to prove the hacking is going on?

$3 to buy FTL. And any frustration that game ever gave me was purely through its game design. This in contrast is a money generating engine

3. boise

boise Generation 4

What are you talking about, @Overheal?! Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Did that "I have to upgrade my hardware..." comment come from my talk about graphics cards? I was simply informing people that if you have one of these cards, then you also have a built-in recording function that you may not even know about. And that it is perfect for catching bad guys in the act.

It sounds like you think that Titanfall is the only game with hacker problems. This is not so. They all have.

I agree that the game companies need to take this seriously and work hard to catch the cheaters and to make cheating as hard as possible. But I also recognize that since this is a big problem for all of the major games and has been so for years, that this is obviously not as simple a task as you might think.

Also,I really don't understand why you would argue against trying to help to catch the cheaters. So you prefer to do nothing - fine, then don't. But why argue against the rest of us making an effort to catch the guys you are complaining about?

4. Overheal

Overheal Generation 2

It's the only title I've played in a decade I felt negatively impacted by a string of cheaters. I never felt the need to report because I never encounter them on a VAC server, and the rare, rare time I have they are never a problem long enough to spoil the experience. This isn't one cheater every 30-50 hours of play, this is 3-5 cheaters a week.

Again, I don't play many of the competitive mp games you're talking about (read: cod and bf). And the games i have were under VAC. Always seemed to do the trick. I can tolerate the anomaly but this is apparently widespread based on personal experience and frankly a quick look at YouTube. Your involvement in the thread @boise as an apologist is unnecessary. Proof of cheating, just look at the internet. Some of the worst hacks out there are obscene aimbots, where the player does not even point at the target they just pull the trigger. Get in a Titan with the ex mag chain gun and spray and pray. Win attrition 300 points to 15. The subtler hack is the ram scan, display of hit boxes. All buy impossible to be sure it's what you're seeing during normal play until you have the perfect cut and dry case of users having no previous knowledge of your location being in over watch.

Again I'm here voicing my dissatisfaction with the money I spent in this game. That money should be funding a robust anti cheating system. And it ain't. And if it's a problem for these other titles I don't play that just tells you how much the operators of these games and servers really give a holy hoot about taking care of cheating.

So forget reporting to them. If I am going to go to all that effort, the effort will be publicized on YouTube and the people on the fence about playing this will not be wasting their cash. Or you know, make the ability of users to submit reports far less convoluted. In-game reporting. Instead of screenshot this, fraps that, pm this person. If it takes less effort to publish to YouTube, well that's what will end up happening. If you want user involvement give then the tools to do so.

5. boise

boise Generation 4

@Overheal, I simply don't get you. Are you seriously saying that it is better to post videos of the cheaters on YouTube in order to scare off potential new players from buying the game, and accomplish exactly nothing except destroying the gaming experience even more for those of us that actually enjoy playing the game, than it is to help catch those same cheaters? What's wrong with you, man?

And seeing those videos on YouTube is probably nothing more than a kick for the cheaters - "Hey - I'm famous!" I mean - they're obviously idiots.

6. Overheal

Overheal Generation 2

It's lighting the fire under the companies that don't do a whole lot to stop it. If their playerbase is killed off by hackers, they should have a problem with that. In reality on the balance sheet it doesn't matter if a player uses the game for 10 hours or 300 hours, they all paid.

7. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

4 in 4 isn't really enough to raise the alarm. Thats a pretty simple quad. I would be more worried about things like 10 kills in 15 seconds, and even that can be done legit, though it requires very specific conditions and spawns. Usually ith run of the mill aimbots not a single bullet will miss, if they miss just one or two bullets, odds are they are legit. Wallhacks are much harderto see in a killcam.

8. SixBladeszzz

SixBladeszzz Generation 1

hello, iv seen the speed hack 3 times before i decided to turn shadowplay on.

look at the ground of the tower gun. just where we stand and activate the tower gun, You will see KillbillSFc123 moving very fast, his legs dosent move. NOBODY CAN MOVE SO FAST!!
    Hacker Name Is KillbillSFc123.

here is the video

or

i dont believe im wrong and the only thing i count on is the Speed And the Movment of legs.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. McBrana

McBrana Generation 3

indeed but i said the 4 players were in completely different spots on the ground (like allmost 180 deg), he just jumped from one to the other.I am gen 6, and belive me, i can recognise a cheater when i see one.

10. McBrana

McBrana Generation 3

yes, but also that player will never buy again a game developed by them if he has some brain.And no expantion packs.(who will ever buy a game from Activision , after the fail of call of duty Ghosts???.I think no legit player will do that).Respawn , read this.

11. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

The thing is, there simply isn't that many. With the exception of BF4(which still has plenty of people complaining about hackers(of which there are VERY few)), every other popular FPS has more than Titanfall. I cannot say there are none, every game out on PC has active hackers, as there are thousands of workarounds for any anti-cheat, and each new vulnerability has to be fixed in response to new techniques. But there are very few in even the most hacked games. MW3 at its worst there was an actual hacker every 3 or 4 games.

12. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

I think Overheal is just angry & frustrated with how this game has turned out. It's a huge investment of time & effort, not just the $70. There's nothing else like Titanfall, and it's what so many of us have been craving for years. It's bitterly heartbreaking imo the state it's in, and the lack of input from Respawn makes us rage.

13. Overheal

Overheal Generation 2

its not a lack of input because yeah theyve responded in parts, but just the unhelpful lack of useful in-built functions for reporting abuse from within the game. Instead you need youtube, game capture software of some description, etc. when it ought to be built-in, the server should have it's own Shadowplay it shouldn't be up to the individual players.

14. boise

boise Generation 4

You're right there. There should be a "Report this guy" function in-game. I'm guessing that they didn't think it would be needed - I mean they thought that their automatic cheater-catching would work better than it does... Hopefully they will add one.

15. Apoc

Apoc Generation 1

HavocSpawns

-JJJ-Joc154987

singtorub

all 3 of the above have been using Aimbots.

but who rly gives a shit ehe

16. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

Given the size of the player pool in Aus now, don't care how many cheaters there are so long as I can get a match.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Apoc

Apoc Generation 1

And attitudes like that is why titanfall will fail....

18. Sid

Sid Generation 2

At the moment i play Origin's Titanfall 48 hour trial. And i must say, my overall experience is not the best. i know, its very hard to recognice subtile cheater..but what i saw the last two trial days makes me think.
    I play Planetside 2 since 1 1/2 year over 1800 hours and of course there are also a LOT of cheaters. But there they have not so much weight, because of the sheer size of the battles with sometimes 50 - 200+ player fighting each other on one station. (similar to hardpoint) There it doesn't matter if 30-40% punks using cheats like ESP or aimbots ,whatever because anyway a lot of bullets in the air and its all about teamplay and tactics in PS2. The other point is that there are nearly the same amount of cheaters in all three factions. so it equals out.
    But in a game with 8v8 like titanfall, every single cheater crap up the experience.
    Lets make this straight. If Respawn even takes money in the hand for a separate cheater server, the amount of cheaters must be huge. Otherwise they would just ban them and thats it. They would not spend any dime... Obviously if they would ban all of the hacker the playerbase would shrink so much to make the game matching even longer, if not impossible.

19. Awsam

Awsam Generation 2

Utter bullshit! My opinion/attitude has little to no sway with Respawn or other players.

Titanfall IS failing because nobody is playing it (Ref AU server). Everyone I know rage quits over wait times and plays something more interesting. Which kills me because TF is my favorite game on any platform (and has been since beta)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Apoc

Apoc Generation 1

TitanFall is an awesome game , love playing it. I just dont want t see it going down the toilet like most other games because there is no good anticheat. i rly hope the developers work on a good anticheat for this cool game.

sure there are a few bugs with the game but thats what updates are for :)