Spectre Hacking

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Bruvas, Aug 3, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Does anyone have any time for it? I think I've hacked enough to get the achievement, but I've resigned myself to kicking and shooting then now.

I was wondering if there was a limit to the number you could hack at any time?

I fancy equipping Spectre Camo later on with the upgraded data knife and performing an experiment!

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm 10th Gen Level 50 and have yet to get the achievement... that's how much I do it. It's just generally useless and a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

It's not useless. Hack a group of Spectres and if you still have them when you get in your Titan- they will pick off any pilot that rodeos you.

Wi-Fi virus burn card while you are in a Titan is godlike.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Gobsmacked.

Never thought of the rodeo advantage of having a team of minions follow you around. Going to give that a blast!!!

5. Crazy wee man

Crazy wee man Generation 2

Also looks badass as hell when wandering around with a Titan and a group of specters In tow.

6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You can kick 4 Spectres in a row before you're even hurt... the AI just isn't good enough.

7. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I don't hack them really.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah...could never see the point, they are dumber than dogshit. However I have been killed by one...so what does that make me?

9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've been meleed by a grunt.

On more than 1 occasion... :(

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

yeah...one of the updates made them a bit more badass up close...

11. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

You should probably quit. I was killed by a hacked Spectre once and spiraled into depression until I joined an insane asylum. Since then, I have joined a recovery program working a "normal" person job as a WalMart greeter. I have been placed and housed in a secure environment under constant surveillance for my own safety.

I am scheduled to try a Titanfall again in October.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Ha!

13. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Oh man... never thought of that. I think I'll try that on Campaign in the last round at the Hammond robotics factory. Let the other team take a hard point when all the spectres turn to their side then hack 'em all + WiFi Virus burn card. There'd be HEAPS to follow you around... Then see if I can get a pilot to try a rodeo. Trying it tonight for sure... that would be way cool!! THANKS!

14. fnshr

fnshr Generation 2

I've probably hacked like 5 in my Tfall life time lol and the are hella annoying

15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I deployed the WiFi virus while in my titan trick last night. I don't think my minions were very productive but it gave the lads in the party a good chuckle watching the wee fellas trying to keep up. I had a fair squad of them for the whole game!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

You're missing the point.

You hack the spectres and they shoot the pilots off your back if you're in a Titan.

Yeah, someone can just jump kick every spectre following you, but if your in a Titan and they're jump kicking spectres at your feet- they're going to die pretty much immediately (just stomp them with your Titan while they're busy killing your spectres)- and that's thanks to the spectres in that case.

The AI doesn't NEED to be good in this case. The spectres either:
    A) Simply need to shoot at a stationary pilot on your back, which is an easy kill even for them
    B) Act as a distraction that the pilot needs to kill before rodeo-ing you, at which point you just stomp on the pilot as they do it.

I use wi-fi virus ALOT in a Titan, and I've never had a Pilot successfully rodeo me so long as there was 2 spectres following me (if you have just 1, it will actually not be able to take out the pilot rodeo-ing you, it groups too close to your leg and can't hit him/her for some reason)

17. Absolute Bogan

Absolute Bogan Generation 2

Colony is the best map for spectre's. I did the challenge a few days ago and you can hack a few dozen a game easily if you are sneaky. Also the best map for killing spectres and getting the gun challenges. Theres more on this map than on corporate imo.

18. movedxylophone8

movedxylophone8 Generation 2

been killed more than once myself by spectres I hack for xp but the rodeo hint is good to know

19. Leon Young

Leon Young Generation 4

Dude trying to get through a door way while they are there is instant death lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

I love hacking spectres and running around with a little army in tow. I am not sure what the maximum size of hangers on is, but I get a thrill from it.

Spectre cammo and hacking is brilliant fun.

Titans plus WiFi virus is hilarious.

I hadn't done it in a while. But I shall give this a go next time I play.

(ps I love the Conscription Burn card too. Use it at the start of a match to coerce nearby grunts to become my own personal army. What would make hacking/ WiFi Virus/ Conscription better would be the ability to direct them to an objective)