Still Gaming..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kemical, Jul 24, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kemical

kemical Generation 2

Looks like you got yourselves a nice forum here guy's and i just wanted to say 'Hi' as well as nice job!.

My name is Ross and i guess I'm one of the more seasoned gamer's you usually come across. All I'll say is that I've been gaming since the eighties and won't stop anytime soon. :)
    Back then we more or less had to write our own games out of magazines full of code (basic) and they hardly ever worked but still we were hooked. (This was using something called a ZX81, oh halcyon days.. ;) )

Today's gaming is without measure in comparison and I love this new generation of ultra detail DX11-DX12 gaming. It's what we all dreamed of long ago and finally with the inclusion of VR it's starting to become reality. Photo-realism is already a reality with landscapes (a la Witcher 3) and it won't be long before player characters are just as good.

Now to Titanfall 2. What a great game Respawn have made for us! Normally i'm not a huge mulitplayer fan but this game is soo good and I'm so pleased to see the Smart Pistol has been nerfed to a boost only. I used to play the original beta and always thought the weapon was op.

The new co-op stuff looks fantastic and nice to see yet another variable added to the multiplayer choice.

Quite simply an awesome game. See you in there... :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome Ross! Yes, WhoIsDo has done a very nice job creating this space for us. Yeah, I agree, games are amazing these days. I only returned to gaming in 2010 after having not played for many years and I was blown away with the quality and amount of content in games. Sometimes I will just pause in the middle of a game and look around at all of the detail and the beautiful artistry that went into it (Skyrim is a good example). Anyway, glad you are enjoying the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the community @kemical. There are quite a few "seasoned pilots" around here and I'm betting you won't claim the title. (A-Train breaths a deed sight of relief.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. kemical

kemical Generation 2

Thanks for the replies and nice to know i'm not on my own..

I played Skyrim for almost a 1000hrs I liked it so much. I really want to play the Hi def version but I need to leave it a while before i travel down those roads again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, Skyrim was a fun and beautiful game. I would love to play it like this:

Actually, I would love to play Titanfall or all games like that, because that way I could get a lot of exercise while enjoying the games and it would probably get me in decent shape and help me sleep really well too.

Did you play Elder Scrolls Online too? I played that with my one buddy for awhile too. That is a beautiful game as well. I have to force myself to stay away from games like World of Warcraft or Elder Scrolls Online though, because they have no end and it just occupies way too much of my time. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. kemical

kemical Generation 2

When Elder scrolls was first started in beta i used to play some but to be fair i was already overdosed on Skyrim so went on to pastures new.

I don't reckon much to the guy's tactics in the vid but i know he's just showing it for our benefit really, does look good though. The optics looked a little fish eye lens type of thing but maybe he'd set his view to wide?

Another game i really enjoy playing is Dying Light especially with the expansion and buggies. The added bonus of your game being invaded at night by another player playing as the night hunter (I can't remember the proper name) is sheer brilliance. I know some hate it but I've had some great battles so leave it enabled.

I'm currently having issues updating Origin... Odd. Happy hour begins in 48 minutes and I hope all will be sorted before then lol.

Hmm it just crapped out again quoting error 9.0. I tried clearing the cache so will now remove it entirely and try again. Damn happy hour in 45mins better get a move on :D