TF1 MPC Was More Useful Than TF2 SPC

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Dec 23, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#1 ensc, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am not saying that the TF1 Multiplayer Campaign was "better" than the TF2 Single Player Campaign. The TF2 Single Player Campaign was the one thing they actually did right and I've praised them for it multiple times.

What I am saying is that the TF1 Multiplayer Campaign was "more useful" than the TF2 Single Player Campaign. Please allow me to explain.

As good as it is, the TF2 Single Player Campaign might last you 8 to 10 hours, which you could complete in one day on a Saturday if you had free time and wanted to. You may try it once or twice more at some point on different levels of difficulty, but that's about it. it really is a standalone, on the side game, that is only going to occupy a tiny fraction of your time compared to what you will spend in the Multiplayer portion of the game. To use an analogy, the SPC is like the "Shawshenk Redemption" (which is an awesome movie, but only 142 minutes) to the Multiplayer's "Prison Break" (which is 81 episodes and probably coming out to around 3500 minutes). You're going to spend the bulk of your time in the Multiplayer portion of the game.

Here is why I say the TF1 MPC was "more useful":

TF1:
    1) After about 6 to 9 months, the Hardpoint lobby in TF1 became pretty empty and it was tough to find a game sometimes.
    2) The TF1 MPC had a nice mix of 4 Hardpoint and 5 Attrition games.
    3) You knew exactly what order those games came in, so if you REALLY wanted to play Hardpoint and you joined and it put you on Colony, you knew the next 4 games were Attrition, so you could decide if you wanted to play those or go do something else for an hour and come back and try to get in on Boneyard knowing that 4 out of the next 5 games were going to be Hardpoint.
    4) Even to this day, 2 years and 9 months later, with the user base pretty low, as long as you are willing to switch servers (East US or North Europe), you can get into a game of Campaign anytime you want.
    5) So even when the Hardpoint lobby had died, you knew you could still get in a lobby where almost 50% of the games were going to be Hardpoint.

TF2:
    1) It is less than 2 months after the launch of TF2 and at prime time EST on a Friday night on the New York server if you try to get a game of Amped Hardpoint, it says "Found 1/12 (0 in matches)". So basically, the Amped Hardpoint lobby is dead in less than 2 months.
    2) If you really want to play Amped Hardpoint, what are your options? The only option you really have is "Angel City 24/7".
    3) If you try "Angel City 24/7", however, it is not predictable what modes you are going to get, because they pull you back out into the Networks after each game and pretty much ignore what mode you were in before. In other words, you cannot know ahead of time that it is going to be Attrition, then Bounty Hunt, then Amped Hardpoint. That would still only let you play Hardpoint for 33% of the games, but it is not predictable, so you don't know if you are even going to get that.
    4) Not only is "Angel City 24/7" not predictable, but from my experience it leans towards Bounty Hunt most heavily with Attrition coming in next and Amped Hardpoint being treated like a red headed stepchild.
    5) Also, looking back at #3, let's just say it was predictable and you were getting to play 33% of the games in Amped Hardpoint. It would still all always be on the exact same map, which would get old real quick.

Summary:
    Even though the TF1 Hardpoint lobby died after say about 9 months, the TF1 MPC allowed you to play in a lobby that predictably had almost 50% Hardpoint games for the next 2 years and continues to today. The TF2 Amped Hardpoint lobby is dead after less than 2 months and your only choice is to go in a lobby that will only ever have the same one map and if you are lucky they might throw you a bone of an Amped Hardpoint game once every six games, but even that is not a guarantee, because there is no predictability to it. Therefore, though the TF2 SPC is a nice side game, it does not fill the gap for those who love Amped Hardpoint and are left with nowhere to go after less than 2 months. This is why I believe the TF1 MPC was "more useful", because it has allowed Hardpoint lovers to play the mode they love predictably even after the Hardpoint lobby dried up.

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i would have liked a campagin in the MP in TF2, some more context in the MP battles

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yeh i agree, titanfall 1 had a very different concept to the current game.
    remember part 2 is a complete new concept mix in with what the game has to offer , the story was good not great but we got a campaign mode, it at times was a bit empty compared to what gamers may be used to from a campaign but a great effort non the less.
    Part 1 core concept was to have a flowing massive multiplayer campaign along with vs multiplayer which i would love to see more in other games and this is a milestone in gaming , just wish they push the concept a bit more , in a way titanfall 1 had a faction based multiplayer campaign which the story could change based on the outcome of the match and the story change as you play , if your side wins the story progress a certain way and so fort and so fort . they could have kept this concept going from the main story in the multiplayer .
    all of us could have experience a progressive story via playing with the faction 6/4 vs the Apex but this would have meant that the multiplayer would have to have player models for both factions , lots of possibility whit that.
    the current game Ai is lacking in multiplayer , maps are still very empty in the AI modes the warzone feel is not there compared to what we have experience before. it could be a number of factors , maps , size of map so on and so on . the flow is off some what and this could be from simple factors like spawn points when a pilot dies or when calling in a titan on the map to the time it takes to get a titan all of these little things changed how the game feels , wile titanfall 2 is good for what it is m we all have experience better .

IMO the AI needs a buff , in placements around the map and the amount of them , that simple thing that they do when around a corner helping each other improves the flow and feel of the game/ map .
    a simple thing like the AUTO turrets around the map to not having them change the dynamic feel of the map .

the reapers are a cool addition but can be a pest lol .

i wonder how hard it would be to implement a massive co op team campaign an 8 player co op or more vs an entire map of AI with a limited respawn in the mode with objectives tied in to the current campaign.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#4 ensc, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    That's a very good point Derrame. The context was another way the TF1 MPC campaign was "useful".

Hey Trini by boy, although I agree with a lot of your ideas and I think they would be great improvements, my main point I was trying to make here was that although the TF2 SPC was great, it was more of a use it once and then put it away in a box and maybe pull it out on a rainy day in a couple months kind of thing, compared to the TF1 MPC, which served the much "more useful" purpose of filling a void when the Hardpoint lobby had died. It has been successfully filling that void 24/7 for over 2 years now, which is a lot "more useful" than something that just occupies your time for 8 to 10 hours every now and then no matter how great it is.

As DARK pointed out to me in another thread, things look different from the perspective of an Xbox One or PS4 player, because they have no problems getting Amped Hardpoint games. However, we are less than 2 months after launch, and on a PC yesterday, which was a Friday, in prime time at 8PM EST on the New York server, when I was trying to get an Amped Hardpoint game, it said "Found 1/12 (0 in matches)", so essentially the Amped Hardpoint lobby is already dead if you are a PC player. So, without a MPC that has almost 50% Hardpoint games in a predictable pattern, an Amped Hardpoint player has nowhere to go. No matter how great the SPC is, it is not "useful" to me here. I only want to play Amped Hardpoint and I only want to play on the PC, so with the Amped Hardpoint lobby being dead already on the PC, there is really no reason for me to continue playing TF2. My point is that if TF2 had a MPC with about 50% of the games being Amped Hardpoint in a predictable pattern, then I would be able to continue playing TF2, but without that, it offers me nothing I want.

5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i know it's sad that pc is already died down , this should not have happened IMO , and at times i think it may be some sort of server issue , i don't know if the new system they implemented is causing this which restrict players from random matching , as on the ps4 i at times get this also on certain modes, and region.
    if it is that the player base is dropping this fast then there is a major problem . this game is the first i hae seen in it's own rights drop the ball too many times and it's a game with so much potential as we all know.

to respawn we are all still here and still big fans of your work and future to come , t

To Respawn and their families and to all the Fans and gamers around the world and to all the members on this site i WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND GREAT NEW YEAR. CHEERS .

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That was very nice and very thoughtful of you Trini my boy. Merry Christmas to you as well my friend.

• Like Like x 1