TF2 Needs to Support Multiple Players on One Network in Game!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Anodyne, Dec 15, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anodyne

Anodyne Generation 1

So I read somewhere that Respawn has intentionally designed its matchmaking system not to allow 2 or more players to play together in a Titanfall match online if they are on the same network (aka within the same house). It's complete BS that I would think would be made by Activision and Infinity Ward or Treyarch, but only because those studios have become hot garbage and would one of them would break the game unintentionally in that way (they've come close in some CoD games). The fact that RE has intentionally blocked same network play is completely bogus and is the reason I've abandoned Titanfall 2, same as the other people in my household. This game is getting sold off if RE doesn't get their act together and promote friends playing together, regardless of their location.

Why has RE gone and played the dick card and disabled this feature that every other game on the planet with multiplayer supports!?

2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Please forgive me if maybe something has changed and I was not aware of it, but from what I've experienced at least up until yesterday, I would beg to disagree. Exactly the opposite is the problem. They are allowing full teams from one Network as you can see in the image in the post below. Rather than restate my entire argument, it is all in this post from another thread:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/online-unbalanced.8082/#post-51911

If you feel I am wrong, please provide evidence. I am more than happy to be proven wrong if that is in fact the case.

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

that is not right,
    there are players from the same network or househld, or group or fps clan playing together everytime everywhere,
    i see them and i've played with pople from the same network
    so, it's working just fine
    maybe there is another technicall issue you are having

4. Anodyne

Anodyne Generation 1

I've been trying to play with friends on the same network since launch - doesn't work. I've read elsewhere that people on Xbox and PC have had trouble playing together on the same network and Respawn Entertainment directly addressed that issue by saying it was "by design".

Understand I don't mean Network as in the new network thing Titanfall 2 brought forth. I'm talking about the networks as in LAN/WAN - playing in the same household (as I explicitly stated in my initial post).

It can't be a technical issue I'm having. We've attempted to fix it through various measures and we have zero problems playing together in every other Xbox One game we own (a lot). Titanfall 2 is the odd man out here.

5. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Yah...not correct. My son plays with me on a different console...same network

6. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You must be having a tech issue.

We all play on different consoles in my house......and sometimes all in the same game as well..

7. Anodyne

Anodyne Generation 1

Was able to get it to work, however my friend and I had to setup a SECOND router on our network and run our Xbox Ones through it. We had zero issues with Battlefield 1, Black Ops 3, Rocket League, Destiny, The Division... only Titanfall 2 had issues. We noticed that when using Titanfall 2 our network diagnostic showed no use of UPnP, which to our knowledge is standard on all the games we play. It seems like EA/Respawn haven't done a good job with the matchmaking systems and they're directly to blame for the issues that other people are having in addition to the ones my friends and I have had.

I don't know if it's because there's been a surprisingly-low adoption rate for Titanfall 2 on all platforms or not, but Respawn Entertainment has not made any official reply to these issues that at least a small percentage of their player base is having. If those people stop playing they're going to sell of their copies of the game and that's lost revenue for RE/EA. The game is good, let's not taint it with crappy post-launch support (at least in these types of things - free DLC is nice).

8. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've had no issues even hooking up 4 different people on the same LAN.