The Division

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Jan 31, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#21 Bruvas, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    So far, so good. I've not had a proper 'sesh' at the game because of work, but I'm enjoying it so far. My only concern so far is the replayability of it. All the single player missions have already started blending into one another. Go here, press x, shoot at ever increasing bullet sponges that all look generically the same.

I've yet to wander back into the DZ, and to be fair that's where my beta enjoyment lay, so we'll see.

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I have it on PS4. I haven't had the chance to really get into it yet though.

3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Played a ton of this game so far, and I'm loving it. Wish I had a bit more time to play, but planning to put in some serious time this weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Played for bit last night and yeah... It's f**king awesome. Much better in a group (but all these games are to be fair)

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hit lvl 30 last night with a pal! Need a couple more now, as I'm only lvl 21 in the DZ but have about 20k in DZ credits and I'm terrified I lose them before hitting 30 in there too (want that DZ booty!)
    wp_ss_20160316_0001.png

6. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I'm still unsure about it. I'm playing it on X1. I don't think I'll play much of it once I reach level 30, I'm not up for another Destiny.

I'm just not feeling a connection to the story, or characters. I don't know, maybe I was expecting another The Last of Us.

7. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

I played the game's beta, and I just rented the full game. It seems like they haven't learned to make checkpoints savable. Every time I go through a mission, I have to leave mid-game, then when I come back - Guess what? I have to start from the mission's start! WTF!

I like the game, but it requires a lot of time and grind to make it from A to B.

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Understand you there. I was never bought into Destiny at all, but I'm enjoying this. The daily challenges for Phoenix credits at level 30 pulls me back to try and get my gear up to scratch, and running solo in the DZ can be really unnerving when you meet a group.

As with all games of this type, the amount of DLC and the quality of it will keep people coming back, or switch them right off. Time will tell!

9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It's handy if you disconnected from a mission mid game as it loads you straight back into the same position when you get back on. Fast travelling becomes the norm to get around faster, but there is still an amount of trudge involved here and there. With the patch you can now FT to the DZ at least.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Have to say though, it's probably one of the finest looking games this generation.
    Screenshot-Original2.png Screenshot-Original3.png Screenshot-Original1.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Absolutely loving this game.

I'm Level 30 and currently doing the end-game stuff as well. I'm only 17 in the DZ and have yet to really venture in there as I've been building my character with daily hard / challenging missions. If anyone else has it on PS4 and wants to group up, let me know! I agree with how the game looks as well! Right down to the sounds your character makes while moving around the world. I really didn't get into Destiny like I can with this game because I like the more grittier reality type stuff than the science fiction.

This game will have my attention for a while. Already bought the season pass.

--I also have a great way to earn fast phoenix credits--

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The Bullet King is dead :( :D

I'm on xbox so can't join until this utopia of cross platform gaming comes into fruition. If it ever does..

I farm the top end of the DZ with mates. There's a route we run round that gives you 3-6 PC's every pass, and I've got a few high end bits and pieces doing it too.

There are normally fewer players that frequent that area too so less 'gunfight at the OK corral' moments! Fairly content with my build, but working on 2 more full sets for my stash as a support and tanker
    WP_20160326_22_14_30_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

When I buy the game, I'm definitely joining you on this. I quite like the game, but it seems like it requires co-op to really enjoy. You need to sit down and pay a lot of attention to the game. Otherwise, the controls and gameplay are superb.

The game looks gorgeous even on PS4. :)
    Question: How?

I didn't even know you could FT.

14. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You can farm Hutch on the roof of the Madison Field Hospital mission.

Kill the first group of guys and don't advance past the first vent, kill him while he's still on the ledge... then run up towards the other side of the roof and he'll spawn out of the door, kill him, he drops 1-3 PCs and 2-3 purples every time. Let the bat guys kill you, rinse and repeat.

You'll spawn at the checkpoint right down the stairs.

15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You can FT to certain checkpoints on the DZ border from outside it.

I've given up on purple @Ik0n88x! It's all about the yellow now!

16. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Breaking down those purple into gold crafting parts...

That's the best thing you can do. Crafting is just as good if not better than finding gold gear drops. Plus using those phoenix credits you get to buy blueprints.

• Like Like x 1