The new matchmaking is going to make me quit this game!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Valkilmergotfat, Apr 4, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Optimus Tager

Optimus Tager Generation 1

Just throwing in my two cents here...

I also liked the old matchmaking system better than the current, because now the only difference I see are the longer waiting time periods between finding teams to fight with/against.

And as for the whole issue of facing teams that seem to just steamroll all over you and your team, and teams that can barely put up a fight against you...I can honestly say I hate them both; because they take out all the fun from the game. I absolutely love it when the game gets tough and you can't tell which side will win in the end until the very...well...end.

To me it doesn't matter to me which side will win. What matters to me is the feeling I get while I play the game. Whenever my team wins by skin of their teeth, the feeling of accomplishment that takes over is rather addicting, and I often find myself raising my proverbial cap for the opposing side if they do the same. Matches where either side wins just by a hair's breadth are the best kind for me.

Now, if they'd fix this - and those horrendous and sudden lag spikes I've come to experience since the last update - I'd be one happy camper. Now? Now I'm thinking of taking some time off from this game playing something else until they fix these problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. FizNpop

FizNpop Generation 2

I would like to add a point that I don't think some are considering.

Not everyone regens. I made the mistake of regening to rank 2. What a waste!

I would happily forego burn cards, for not having to unlock all of my weapons and upgrades again.

If you see a few level 50's in your lobby with no regens, don't count them out. They could very well be better than some of the Gen 5 or highers you see.

Also, I have a friend who comes over to play with me. We trade off match for match. He is insane, he has been playing FPS's for a very long time and is very very good. He loved this game so much that he went and bought a XboxOne just so he can play at home.

He started out at level 1 of coarse, but was quickly and easily destroying people. He has no interest in Regening at all. This guy can and will whoop a gen 5 or highers ass.

Burn cards are great, but when you only have 3, and you die more than 3 times, using a card each death..you are now back on the same level as a level 50 with no burn cards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

YESS finally somebody says it. I was reading the form and I can see everyone's point of view. Last night I had 10 matches which is pretty much all I am able to get a night. I think I only won like 2 matches, it was infuriating. I was only playing for fun and didn't want to be competivtive. Online games like TItanfall should cater to those who want to play for fun and those who want to play serious, because we all have those times that we want to play comeptivtely or just have fun. Halo 2 and 3 had a Great system where you can choose either social or ranked, what Respawn has done essentially is take the old matchmaking (social) and updated to this new improved matchmaking (Ranked or competitive). What they should do is just make two different list social and ranked and this would solve this issue.

4. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

So what you're saying is you're crap. It's not fun for them to keep losing. Play campaign if you want to fluff yourself up into thinking you're actually good against people who aren't new to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

yeah the matchmaking does suck wish it had a skill set which i know it does not even if respawn said i did

6. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

#46 Linkz973, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Can't tell if that was directed towards me if it was, I don't suck you can watch the videos on my channel if you want proof. As far as fluff up campaign is a pain in the ass, having a social playlist would be something that i think a lot of casual players would love. I don't want to feel as if i have to be a try hard every match, there are some people that love competitve gamming yes im one of them but i also like to mess around not all the time but every once in a while.

If that wasn't directed toward me then ehh ignore this post lolz

7. EnslaveTheWorld

EnslaveTheWorld Generation 2

They could even make it like it was in Halo: Reach, where you had both Social, Ranked, AND Competitive play (in the form of the Arena). I won't start talking about how great or not great that particular game was, but they definitely nailed the perfect matchmaking system, in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

I don't really rememeber playing Reach that much but Bungie is a beast at making matchmaking lolz

9. EnslaveTheWorld

You shouldn't worry too much about that, haha. But yeah, I definitely agree. Halo wrote all the rules on matchmaking, and it seems like Titanfall is bent on breaking each and every one. Hopefully, as more and more people join the game, they will realize a different tactic is needed.

10. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Whats the actual ranking system for matches? My K/D sucks because I let my kid play and for the most part play when drinking or hungover. Oh yah and I', not actually that good anyways. Seems like it has nothing to do with Gen rank.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

All valid points FOR the private match option.
    I think we should be ale to choose sides when we play, but that's just me. Maybe an auto-balance feature...........when its 4v6.

Otherwise.........it is getting better.

12. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Like to add I think its down. I was just in a match with my usual sucky guys against a pre-made group of gen 7 to gen 10. Could be a work around somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

that sucks lolz

14. EnslaveTheWorld

What playlist were you in?
    So far it's only implemented in Attrition and Hardpoint, if I remember correctly. So neither Pilot Hunter or Variety Pack has the new system yet.

15. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

From what I have read, I have one question. What is more important?
    Winning a "match", but NOT being the TOP player? Or being the TOP player, and still losing the "match"?
    I have been both.

No one seems to complain that they are "winning" too much, only that they lose when they believe they should have won?

Other than the fact that there are Challenges that reward you for being either the TOP player in your match, or winning so many matches, should not winning matches be most important?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

well usually I lose but end up placing high with kills and points but im a team player so I like actually winning even if I got a lot of assist I dont really care just that DEFEAT upsets me lolz

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Fair point.

Makes me wonder IF anyone would play if only it showed WIN and LOSS? No individual stats ?
    Only as a Team Win, ya know?:confused:

18. Pneadiuk

Pneadiuk Generation 2

If it was split into a casual and competitive lobby , most Players who moan about having to play other players at their skill level will just play in the social lobby anyway and not venture into the competitive lobby so they can hammer the casual/noob players and boost their K/D or win ratio. I'm an average player and I'm happy with the new system to be fair, seems some folk just like to boost their ego or stats by hammering noobs and can't take some of their own medicine.

19. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Honestly I want to keep this game as far away from MLG leagues as I can.

20. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

(*o*)
    how can you speak such blasphamey

• Like Like x 1