The New Skill Based Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by marthiFiC!, Apr 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I am not convinced there is a real solution. Been playing some bf4 recently. It also has some massively stacked matches sometimes. Maybe that's just how games are nowadays. I am a sadpanda.

2. boise

boise Generation 4

Ok, thanks!

3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I too am not sure exactly HOW to create a real fair system of matchmaking.
    I have played where I am "Top Dog" in HP, then ..............(ta da) :eek: just absolutely SUX at Attrition.

Its a crap shoot all the time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unuseful_Idiot

Unuseful_Idiot Generation 3

this.

I am one of those who has 0.7 overall K/D ratio. I am improving but the first games were really lame.
    And no, I am not disabled, I have all fingers and healthy eyes. But still, I suck at this game and I really don't give a sh*t if this is a problem for anyone (get a life, btw). It would be fun though to land with pilots that are actually matched :)

But maybe the problem is that on certain hours you just can't find those bad players? I noticed that after 9-10pm (gmt+1) I die more often.

but then again, maybe it's because of the beer...

• Like Like x 2
  5. terminatahx

terminatahx Generation 2

The matchmaking sucks, period. I think it's because as players quickly get tired of TF, they move on to something else. The matchmaking component has less active players to choose from, resulting in a wider variance of skill rankings. The scoring system blows to; there's no incentive to work as a team, and it's really a shame that pilots can't "support" Titans.

6. boise

boise Generation 4

I wonder, is there a description anywhere on what exactly it is that the matchmaking algorithm is trying to accomplish? Is it for example more about getting evenly matched players in the same match, or about getting the two teams evenly matched? The times that I have bothered to compare teams it seems to be the latter..

I can't say that I personally have seen any problem with the match making, but that may be because I generally play either Variety Pack or Campaign. Player of any skill level tend to be better or worse at different game modes and different maps, so even if my team get the crap beaten out of them in a CTF match on Boneyard, the roles can be reversed in the next Attrition match (with the same players on both teams). I suppose that this also points to one of the general problems with automatic matchmaking. I mean, I may suck at Last Titan Standing, but be numero uno in Pilot Hunter...