The Volt - the only weapon to use right now.

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Sgt_rawk, Nov 22, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Ok...so I may be late to this party so please let me know if I am. I acquired the Volt last night. Up until now I've been primarily using the R201 due mainly to it most closely resembling my TF 1 go to weapon. But, the volt is, in its current form, OUT OF CONTROL. It is so so so nice (see how I'm avoiding OP here?:rolleyes:). I could not believe how much more effective it is at all but long long long shots across the map, it's hip fire is effective, it just dominates for mine. I feel like it the nerf hammer will fall somewhere along the line but until then. Enjoy.

Addendum-The mix of weapons and what you would expect of them is a little mixed in TF 2. The SMG's for mine are going out to further distances than I would think. The R201 is a little underdone in the context of the Volt and the CAR. It's neither a negative or a positive but it is a little misleading until you get some time with each of these guns.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I absolutely love the Volt. I'm not usually in long-range engagements and with how fast I'm moving, I love how accurate the hip-fire is. I also really love the aesthetic of it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Nice overlook Sgt Rawk, hows things mate I jumped on TF1 this morning for good old times, got ass whipped but it was choice, miss it now.

I use the volt religiously now, it's awesome - I have to admit my old favorite the SMG has gone to the gutter for me, whereas on TF1 it had some decent down the sight accuracy, I found on TF2 the SMG was just all over the place, good for CQB - but where is CQB in TF2 I haven't found it yet everything goes so fast and hard imo, and the death ratio with it was just mad for me.

The Volt though, that's an SMG in TF2 that stands up well, I have found myself a G2 primary user, when it's not going well trying to be a reaction marksman shooter and up against a crack squad that laugh at battle rifles, I switch to the Volt straight away and it helps even it out a bit and go assault mode. I'd almost mistake it for one of the assault rifles.

Like you say too, it's got awesome range, and on Bounty it loves chewing up grunts and spectres as they exit their drop pods.

See how you like the SMG when you unlock it, it's awesome to shoot but I found it doesn't hit much when your faced with oncoming fire from another pilot.

Highly recommend the G2 as well, even over the Hemlok which seems to kill real good. Great range across map, and okay in close quarter if you have the quick draw mod. Good with stim for first strikes as pilots crest over buildings and you're already in position for that first skirmish.
    Does catch you out though when you come around the corner and someone's got something like a volt trained on you already!

Hope all is well, look forward to catching you in there sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey there mate, it's been a while, I don't get on nearly enough, been working way too much, money is short. So I haven't caught up with you online. Yeah, I jumped on to TF 1 the other day when I was playing the two games back to back. I got lucky on TF 1 as I got a lobby of kids with no thumbs...or monitors and just went to town...got 20 pilot kills and a half a dozen titans.

I have tried the Hemlock, its strong, I use it with the portable wall and post up. I even used it agressively and did ok, its not strong on hip fire but hey, it is a burst rifle. I like it. I haven't tried the G2 yet, I have trouble with aim on semi autos because I tend to spam the trigger and then just get all over the place.

All is well, see you out there mate! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Another weapon you should is the smr. This weapon is so fun. It takes a bit to get used to and I only use for cqb.

Like you when things are going bad I'll switch.

Even though the smr has a learning curve it's a blast

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Alternator is going good for me at the moment! Hip fire is insane, small 20 round mag though!

G2 is still a lot of fun especially on the rock valley map! Forget the name!

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Got to agree, the alternator is pretty handy, used it a bit, but for mine the volt is, well at this stage, I just cant pass it up. :) Need all the help I can get, I am getting just dominated. :oops:

8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Keep at it Sarge. Gonna have to invest some time into the Volt... sounds interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I have yet to properly give the Volt a go! Might just do that tonight!

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Mate, it is close to unfair in my books, in your hands I shudder to think of the domination.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Volt is very nice.

I'm a mostly close range, occasional mid-range fighter and was very upset at how much they weakened the EVA-8. My progression in TF2 has sort of been like this.

Alternator - fell in love with it and was very happy with it.

Volt - fell in love with it and couldn't go back to the Alternator

SMR Sidewinder - I was very upset that they made this a primary weapon and not an anti-titan weapon, but I wanted to level it up a little bit and keep a second pilot loadout strictly for going against titans where the SMR would be my primary and the Mag Launcher would be my secondary. By the time I got it up to level 16, when I went back and tried the Volt again, I couldn't go back to the Volt. The SMR is the perfect weapon for me, because in my opinion it is the best close to mid-range primary weapon against pilots, but it also does the job on titans as well and it's got a really nice magazine size too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Definately worth some time rainman, hip fire on it is insane, combine with tactikill and cloak ;)

• Like Like x 4
  13. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Oddly enough, I haven't tried the Volt yet. I'll give it a shot when I'm back from traveling for Thanksgiving!

• Like Like x 2
  14. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Go for it, the volt feels strangley underwhelming at first but after a while...:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

it's a good weapon indeed, great accuracy but doesn't deal much damage, i'm bad at aiming so i need a weapon that does much damage in few hits m i prefer the alternator or r201

• Like Like x 1
  16. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

G2 mate, deadly as - risky with the single shot, but fires as fast as you trigger, not many pilots that can keep running after 3 - 4 hits with it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Devotion fan here. Will go back to the volt and reassess. I used it a lot initially. That and the Alternator.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Interesting thread, I love the Devotion and the Volt. The Volt is my current go to weapon as the hip fire accuracy is crazy. I don't think it needs any changes because it still takes several hits to make a kill.

I haven't tried the SMR but will give it a go; now the G2 is like me giving the other team a "sacrificial lamb", me! Man I just get torn up when I use that gun, just to slow by the time I get my hands off the walker and get to the trigger I am dead...

I started with the Carbine and CAR like them both, the bottom line is I think the guns are pretty balanced across the board. Now don't take my word for it as I am not a "gun slinger" by any stretch of the imagination...

I think Frothy and Tony Mo have done some good work analyzing guns and titans.
    • - Frothy does the Volt
    • - Tony does the Tone
    These are only two of the reviews that I think are most helpful they have both done other weapons and titans so check them out. Frothy did an excellent commentary on the inaccuracy of weapon stats as well:
    Hope everyone is full of Turkey and stuff and now can get out there and spend, spend, spend on Black Friday. Going to go look for new furniture today, even though we are in Canada we still have Black Friday sales and since I lived in the US i do celebrate US Thanksgiving - works for me as I get two kicks at the cat...

:) HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for the videos DARK! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I couldn't stop laughing when in the 3rd video Frothy looks at the firing rate of the R-97. :)

BTW DARK, I'm not a gun slinger either. My K/D is usually horrible. Just yesterday though, I switched and started using the R-97 and I am loving it. I even got a couple triple kills. It just shreds pilots and makes swiss cheese out of them. :)

20. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Agreed, awesome gun, and brilliant for improving your accuracy!

• Like Like x 1