They killed Titanfall

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Mic Blades, Oct 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

I'm going to catch a lot of hate for this but don't care. This game is just absolutely horrendous compared to the first one. All my fears have been confirmed now. Pilots are slower, Titans are OP, redoe is useless, the interface/GUI/Menus are terrible, the game is uninspired. The only potentially interesting new game mode does not deliver as it was described. It's just deathmatch with a banking cash gimmick that doesn't make any sense to begin with. There are virtually no grunts to speak of in the mode, a few at the start, then none. WTF? I was looking forward to the mode with waves of numerous grunts and pilot duels after that potentially. Throw in some reapers and unmanned titans and boom, it would have been great, instead it's more of the same.

This game screams lazy and rushed out the door. Why does the screen look like a borderlands rip off with cash signs everywhere? I'm sure Scrooge Mcduck loves it but it's just annoying to me and I'm sure many others as well. Why am I getting shot once then exploding in a light burst? It seems to start even before I die. The grapple hook sucks, constantly getting me stuck in places I'm trying to go on top of. 2 titans fighting close together = no one can see jack **** in the area. ...massive spherical grenade blowing me up 50 feet away, WTF?

This game is making me want to bang my head through a wall right now. The game's performance is much worse than the first one as well. The single player is decent but the dialog is not. What is the point of giving the player dialog options when they don't matter and you can hear both anyway? It's pointless. Why is the main character/pilot so dumb he needs to ask his titan how he should wipe his own butt? I don't care how many 9's EA paid to get in reviews for this game. As this game stand right now, it's a 6 tops. It shouldn't even be a new game, it's more of an expansion that started off as a mod if anything.

Me after playing TF2 for several hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I wish you would be more candid in your comments, not sure where you stand! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Absolutely perfect....

• Like Like x 2
  4. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I love the game big d is happy.:):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

I defo agree that the new titanfall isn't a patch the old one, I found it a more akin to Advanced Warfare, not an exact clone, defo going in that direction... hopefully some new updates come out with some improvements aka bring back the smart pistol and more grunts...

• Like Like x 1
  6. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

No leave the Smart Pistol at home in the glass case as a collectors item!

7. kbfloyd

kbfloyd Generation 2

#7 kbfloyd, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    yea please no more grunts. i thank god they cut those down as it is.

8. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'm referring to the video of Chevy Chase. I think it describes the majority of T1 originals opinions...

9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No hate here buddy and great clip. :)

Yes, we need the smart pistol back and make it even more overpowered (6 simultaneous lockons), because that is what all of the endless whiners we've had to listen to for 2 years and 7 months deserve (whether we were using it or not). "sp noob", "no skill sp user", etc. SHUT UP!!! You deserve to have a stronger sp plagueing your existence in every game you like from now until the end of time.

10. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Yea of course, i was giving my opinion. It's not perfect don't get me wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

Who needs a smart pistol when ever weapon is insta kill? ...and people complained about deaths seeming random and unearned in 1? lmmfao Now they're praising this game. Scratches head, na, they're different people or just trendies.

12. Jenelle

Jenelle Generation 1

I played Titanfall 1 and fully admit that I suck horribly at shooter games. I loved T1 because of Frontier Defense. It allowed me to play with my husband and son and be able to level up. The lack of FD is an epic fail on the part of Respawn!

13. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

Thanks for reminding me. I guess I foolishly assumed it would be in this game at launch. They could have improved upon it in many ways as well. That's what I was hoping for. I have no idea what's planned for this game post launch. All info has been to hype the launch of the game so far.

14. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I sincerely disagree. This game has everything that made Titanfall special AND more when you add in all the customization options. They have also announced that all maps, game modes and weapons added post-launch will be free. Sucks to see you feel that way but... oh well.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Agreed. Frontier Defense was a great mode to play to work on your skills without being overpowered and it was also great for completing Titan kill challenges. Sad that they didn't include it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

mannn you won't believe i am still waiting for my shipment from amazon some delay of some sort lo go figure.

i hope to give my view soon on the full game . ensc how the movement with the mouse and keyboard bro .

• Like Like x 1
  17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey Trini! Sorry to hear you haven't gotten your game yet. That sucks! As far as the movement on the mouse and keyboard, I would have to say I have mixed feelings about it. It is definitely different. Not good. Not bad. Just different. At times, I feel like I can move better than in TF1, but then at other times it doesn't feel anywhere near as good. It seems as though if you want to move really fast and smooth, you really have to plan and execute the chaining of your wall runs well. If you do, you get rewarded for it, but if you don't you really pay for it. If someone never played Titanfall 1 and is just starting out with Titanfall 2, they are really going to struggle in the Single Player Campaign. I can remember struggling just in the wall running training in TF1. I sucked at it. I probably didn't even seriously try to get good at it probably until about 6 months into the game. But there are some extremely intricate and complicated chained wall runs you have to do in the Single Player Campaign. For a new player, it is really going to be difficult.

The Single Player Campaign is worth the price of admission though Trini. It is one of the best things I've experienced in a video game in a long time. They really did some innovative clever things that I have never seen before. It was just so well done and so much fun. It was extemely challenging. It was just about the right length too. Not too long. Not too short. Took me about 10 hours to get through it. They did a fantastic job on the Single Player Campaign.

It's a good thing too, because almost everything in the multiplayer portion of the game is a downgrade. I would really have to stretch to find one good thing to say about it.

One other thing I really do love though, which applies in the single player or multiplayer, is the slide. Oh, that is sweet and so powerful and so useful.

Hope you enjoy the game when you get a chance to play it Trini my boy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Well i managed a good few hours on friday night and I liked it, although pilot speed and jumping does need to return to the original!
    Best games of attrition so far 15 -5-15.
    Really the pilots need a speed boost!
    I am a masiive fan of the first one more hours tham MW4!

• Like Like x 2
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree with you Jimmah. The first one is still my favorite video game of all time and it is because of the movement. It sure would be nice if they could allow the pilot speed and jumping to be like the original and give them a speed boost.

20. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Killed titanfall? Nah.

Made no.2 of the series? Yeah.

Speed. Have you seen stim combined with slide hopping?

Things like the grapple annoying? Practice a lot.

I'm gonna try it out for as long as I can and if I dont like it, I'm going to go back to tf1. Simple. But it so happens I'm liking what I find so far.

• Like Like x 1