Thoughts on E3 2016

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Jun 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So now that the big expo is by, what are folks thoughts?

I was a little underwhelmed to be honest, but the leaks were plentiful this year so there wasn't much to be surprised about.

Aside from the EA showcase of Titanfall 2 there weren't many games that tickled my fancy. Sea of Thieves looked like it could be ok, but if need to see and hear a lot more before jumping near any hype train.

Disappointed that Sony pulled the Neo from the event as I wanted to hear more about it. Wish they'd stop showcasing the Last Guardian though. Getting bored of that old chestnut at every E3 since its inception!

And Microsoft said their next console was going to be more powerful than their current one? Go figure...

• Like Like x 1
  2. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Titanfall 2 looks good enough to eat and I'm sure dishonored 2 will be dope. I may give skyrim remastered a go but I didnt appreciate the og much.

Really disappointed we didn't hear anything of cyberpunk2077, but fracking gwent! They better come with an iOS version of that darn game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

They want Microsoft to show their hand. Neo's reported to be out this year in October, but don't expect it to be anything more than Xbox One S spec-wise. Project Scorpio is being said to be the most powerful console ever. That sounds like Microsoft is trying to match Xbox with a PC.

They'll stop showing off Last Guardian when the game is about to come out, which is October 25, 2016. 'Till then, plow through the hype.

I also thought it was underwhelming, to say the least... But only because everything else was meh, except tor the Sony conference, which was a surprise after a surprise, after a surprise. My big surprise was God. of. War. Kratos is alive, and kicking, but it leaves questions for me: How is he even alive? What happened after GOW3?

That Resident Evil 7 reveal was another big one. They're going global with RE7 by putting Biohazard in the title. I played the demo, and it was awesome. Crisp, smooth, spooky, scary, atmospheric. Man, I hope the final game is as good as advertised. The demo isn't part of the final game, but it tells me that they have quality in their mind.

Game of the show is a tie between God of War [4], and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I didn't watch much of the game, because I want to be surprised when I buy NX with Zelda. I hope that NX isn't another Wii U.
    Xbox One S is being said to be more powerful than the regular Xbox One. I think it's a good move, because it would get people to understand Project Scorpio.